mtbr member

DW-Turner Forum?

Thoughts?

Auto enthusiast websites usually have separate forums for the different generations of a given model car/truck.

I like my DW Spot. I'd like to have a forum where I and others who own DW Turners can share information, without hearing how stupid we are for spending too much coin on suspect technology.

As this forum sits right now, barring change, I can't say I'll be hanging around much longer.
    Last edited by AndyN; 12-11-2009 at 09:30 AM.

Outcast
    Andy, it might be more simple to simply give 123 his own forum [which might satisfy his E-go], and retain the turner forum as is.

mtbr member
    it could be like the vw vortex and then every post responding to a picture would be "lower it"

Bandolero
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyN
    Thoughts?

Auto enthusiast websites usually have separate forums for the different generations of a given model car/truck.

I like my DW Spot. I'd like to have a forum where I and others who own DW Turners can share information, without hearing how stupid we are for spending too much coin on suspect technology.
    That's sort of how the Canadians work. They've got Rocky Mountain, Norco, Ellsworth AND an entirely separate Canadian forum.
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

rr
    I don't do PC
    Sounds like a "Goodbye MTBR" plea

This place sux for a whole mess of other reasons beyond ProCoretard123

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Sounds like a "Goodbye MTBR" plea
    Pathetic, isn't it.

I think about posting some stoke, or dw-spot mods/tips/observations, from time to time... but then ponder the inevitable flame war driving said thread hopelessly off topic, and decide it's all a waste of time.

Outcast
    ProCoretard123
    another excellent user name, thanks RR.

mtbr member
    Thoughts?

As this forum sits right now, barring change, I can't say I'll be hanging around much longer.
    My thoughts are that you are a little too thin skinned for this board. So don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

BTW, feeding Pete personal info on Bryan is beyond a dick move.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    My thoughts are that you are a little too thin skinned for this board. So don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

BTW, feeding Pete personal info on Bryan is beyond a dick move.
    You're just as delusional as your boi mtb123... who I've already addressed this issue with.

Bryan has made no effort to hide his past, and even mentioned "it" the first time I ever rode with him way back in 2006, sitting atop the firetower @ Otero. So don't try and blame me for outing him. Got it fanboi?
    Last edited by AndyN; 12-11-2009 at 11:27 AM.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Let me add that even if you didn't the fact that you took "pot shots" at me when you "assumed" I was down for the count was cowardly. I've always respected a lot about you and have always and will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're a local. I don't like having this kinda beef with local! Can't you tell from my interactions with "your" friends?

Your such a "play by the rules" kind of guy and rather than ignoring the fact that Pete broke the rules you chose to bump it up. That says much about your character, ....bro.

No more PM's please. We can discuss this in person. I can't type as fast as I talk.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Andy, it might be more simple to simply give 123 his own forum [which might satisfy his E-go], and retain the turner forum as is.
    Sounds good to me!

Peace & Love
    another excellent user name, thanks RR.
    i agree. rroeder is useful once in a while after all

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    I can't think as fast as I talk.
    fixed another one for you Bro.

mtbr member
    When did Ellsworth become a Canadian company? Did you guys kick Tony out of the country??

Buzz

Bandolero

Polyushka

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    When did Ellsworth become a Canadian company? Did you guys kick Tony out of the country??
    Oops. I just lumped them in with all the other Fascist Communista's in Canuckistan.

Lay off the Levers
    ...yaaaaay another trainwreck.
    Maybe there ought to be a MFS forum...oh wait there is.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

Outcast
    I liked this post from that site:
    From what I see, MTB. 123 feels he is a gnarly rider.

He has found what he "likes."

Apparently it is an RFX set up with 7" up front. He feels pretty "core" with this setup.

It apparently is inconceivable that someone else would want something different. This would not enable them to achieve the heights of rider-dom that mtb123 has.

Thus, anything different is "bad"

See, what makes this vendetta against dw so weird is, by what he is saying, every other bike out there basically sucks, because it cannot be set up the way he likes it, for his riding style and terrain. Yet he is only talking smack about dw-link turners. Go figure.

Anyway. Mtb123, what do you think about people who ride different terrain than you? Would a different bike setup be good for them? You keep mentioning this extra weight you have to haul up the hill, and a tiny bit of energy probably lost, but you have ridden this way, and like it, so it is a non-issue for you. Enough to keep you on your rfx.

Personally, it does not sound like your rfx would float my boat at all. There is a reason my bike is (was) less than 30 pounds. There is a reason I don't run 170mm of travel up front. Climbing would be shitty, and not fast or easy. Sure, the other side would be great, but for what I get out of riding, not the best at all. 5" in front and back is certainly enough for me in 85% or more of my riding. Especially considering a significant portion of that is xc and short track racing.

I was also able to turn around and be competitive in super-D on the same bike, and can ride basically wherever I want. There is very little I shied away from because I did not have the right bike for the job. Certainly there were better bikes for each individual application, but mine worked fantastically for me. YET I REALIZE others might want something different from their bikes. Shocking.

Never have you admitted anything like this. Not everyone rides the way you do or wants your setup. RECOGNIZE THIS and your e-life will be much easier and less hate-filled. I'm certain the 06 RFX is an excellent bike, and you have it set up incredibly well for what you do. Now stop telling other people their bikes are "bad" or "not as good as yours" merely because they are different. And good lord, get more than ****ing 3 rides on a design before you try and drag it through the mud on the entire internet. I could go on a tirade against how spesh's fsr rides compared to the dw-link, because that's what I have been riding after the mkIII broke.

However, they are different bikes for different applications. I feel the DW is a better design, but the bikes are for different enough applications that the differences in suspension characteristics are not the ultimate difference in the bikes.

We get it, you have a great bike for what you do. It would be fantastic if you could broaden your perspective a little and look at things in a little less self-centered manner. I have a feeling what you don't like in a lot of other bikes is not the limitations of the dw-link.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Good find Renny. Now that we've captured the essence of MTB 123, can we quit giving him the attention he craves?

And yes, dredging up someone's personal history and posting in a public forum is beyond a d!ck move IMO. Have the mods excised that stuff yet?

EDIT: Yes, with prejudice. Not even sent off to the ReCycle bin.
    Last edited by 2TurnersNotEnough; 12-11-2009 at 12:25 PM.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Good find Renny. Now that we've captured the essence of MTB 123, can we quit giving him the attention he craves?
    good point. people should return to giving me the attention I crave - I don't like competition

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    good point. people should return to giving me the attention I crave - I don't like competition
    Well when you get yourself a new mountain bike, take many pictures of it (leaned against a garage door, in bed with your other bike, in bed with you, on a red jizz-splattered couch), and recycle the same worn cliches about how it's the best bike ever, and post in as many forums as possible. Then it will be time to pay attention to Fo again.

Outcast

And yes, dredging up someone's personal history and posting in a public forum is beyond a d!ck move IMO. Have the mods excised that stuff yet?

EDIT: Yes, with prejudice. Not even sent off to the ReCycle bin.
    Yes, and
    yes; I just looked for MK's dw thread. completely gone. just in time for the weekend, and a break from surreality.

Just roll it......
    Jeesh, another forum.....I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with this trainwreck!!

banned
    Sep 2005

The "red phone"...

Francis must get a kick out of playing god .

mtbr member
    You're just as delusional as your boi mtb123... who I've already addressed this issue with.

Bryan has made no effort to hide his past, and even mentioned "it" the first time I ever rode with him way back in 2006, sitting atop the firetower @ Otero. So don't try and blame me for outing him. Got it fanboi?

Fanboi? Pfft. While I wish I could descend like Bryan, I'm sure he wishes he could climb like me. We're polar opposites.

I just think he has gotten a disproportionate amount of grief for being opinionated.

Also, the folks who could have "outed" him, and who are mtbr members, could be counted on one hand, and you perpetually give Bryan grief on this site. Thus my belief that it is you.
    Scarlett Johansson loves my hummus.

banned
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by juan_speeder
    While I wish I could descend like Bryan, I'm sure he wishes he could climb like me. We're polar opposites.
    Dood, the secret to my descending is my choppered out gnarcor RFX. It has so much rake with the 170 fork and 140 rear that I could ride down a freakin wall without going OTB. The thing that really is confusing me is that my chopper and 7" HL handles nothing like the more balanced trail bike that is DWL Spot. Can't figure why everyone is raving about it.

Quote Originally Posted by juan speeder
    I just think he has gotten a disproportionate amount of grief for being opinionated.
    Big difference between being opinionated and certifiably nuts. Plus, this is nothing compared to the crap I'm taking elsewhere on the internets. Given that I've totally hijacked this entire forum with my garbage, it should be much worse. Hell, I'm paranoid that big guys in white jackets are gonna descend any moment and take me to the funny farm.

mtbr member
    Well when you get yourself a new mountain bike, take many pictures of it (leaned against a garage door, in bed with your other bike, in bed with you, on a red jizz-splattered couch), and recycle the same worn cliches about how it's the best bike ever, and post in as many forums as possible. Then it will be time to pay attention to Fo again.
    I guess I will not post those photos of the two completed Turners doing "it" in bed. Darn.

Especially since they are both inferior DW's.

Hate Costs Money

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by notaknob
    That's sort of how the Canadians work. They've got Rocky Mountain, Norco, Ellsworth AND an entirely separate Canadian forum.

Pi$$ off, we Canadians dont want Ellsworth. This is why people in other countries dont like you.

~~~~~~~~
    okay, I honestly don't have or want to make the time to deal with let alone read all this crap!
    I removed the thread, no red phone to Francois or what ever you trippers think goes on here.
    If the offensive thread can be cleaned up and restored it may reappear but I will probably find better things to do.

To all those people who are determined to ruin what used to be a fun forum, you are getting the job done, congratulations on your complete lack of stoke!

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    okay, I honestly don't have or want to make the time to deal with let alone read all this crap!
    I removed the thread, no red phone to Francois or what ever you trippers think goes on here.
    If the offensive thread can be cleaned up and restored it may reappear but I will probably find better things to do.

To all those people who are determined to ruin what used to be a fun forum, you are getting the job done, congratulations on your complete lack of stoke!
    Where's Pete?

Rolling
    Where's Pete?
    Somewhere...warm.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Somewhere...warm.

Damn..

I was hoping for a place decorated with more fire and brimstone. That's ok, he probably needs it, ....whether he deserves is questionable.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Sure

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    No separate forum. Francis started this thing, so let's keep the (probably minimal) e-business that goes with it here with him.

Dealing with the trolls and haters is just part of a public forum. They'll get bored and move along soon enough.
    Whining is not a strategy.

Bandolero

My Humps

Quote Originally Posted by lidarman
    Somewhere...warm.
    Bleah, that's lame. I prefer the NSFW version.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Whaaaa, the haters and meanies are ruining my sacred Turner board, whaaaaaa, my entire identity is wrapped up in this forum and I don't know what to do!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Team Blindspot
    Hey Rene, I think I saw in that other massive thread where someone suggested he be limited to posting on the "Tools" board.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikekayakhike
    I guess I will not post those photos of the two completed Turners doing "it" in bed. Darn.

Especially since they are both inferior DW's.
    I certainlty won't think any less of of you if you post two copulating (or about to copulate) crappy DWL Turners. It's just with Fo's attention whoredom he really needs to take it to the next level to get the level of attention that he requires these days.

Lay off the Levers
    Whaaaa, the haters and meanies are ruining my sacred Turner board, whaaaaaa, my entire identity is wrapped up in this forum and I don't know what to do!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    What was that noise?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    If you look closely you can see me not riding.

Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    If you look closely you can see me not riding.
    Dude, you must have used one helluva self timer to get that shot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Dude, you must have used one helluva self timer to get that shot.
    I've turned into a fast hiker. You know how when we ride our heart rate goes up up up (that is, if you're climbing or "pinning"). When I'm hiking I can keep moving and my heart rate stays so low, I have to freakin' "pin it" as fast I can to get any kind of cardio workout.

So I set my timer to 10 seconds, hiked like a sumb!tch over to that red arrow...nah.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    What was that noise?

Zilla your the Dr Phil of the homer forum

~~~~~~~~
    Sure

seriously man, move on, find something better to do with your time and energy. Go build some trails, I think the hole you've dug for yourself here on mtbr doesn't need to be any deeper.

your "entire identity" is really something to be proud of!

banned
    Sep 2005
    I think the hole you've dug for yourself here on mtbr doesn't need to be any deeper.
    According to Rene digin' holes is my forte. Wouldn't want to disappoint

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Too late, we already have Ellsworth and Chumba ready to move north. Things slowed down a bit with Ibex going down in flames and all but it is back on track now with Chumba filling in. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Pi$$ off, we Canadians dont want Ellsworth. This is why people in other countries dont like you.

Pick a wheel size...
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz

Buzz
    I think it's hilarious how much Ellsworth, the company, gets bashed on these forums. Yet, I would be willing to bet a year's income that 9 out of 10 of the "bashers" have never even ridden an Ellsworth bike.

Has TE done some crap to tarnish his reputation? Of course. However, that doesn't mean the bikes are crap.

Before you torch me, I have 2 Ells bikes. However, a Turner is on the top of my list for my next bike, an AM build.

Thanks guys!

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by jimithng23
    I think it's hilarious how much Ellsworth, the company, gets bashed on these forums. Yet, I would be willing to bet a year's income that 9 out of 10 of the "bashers" have never even ridden an Ellsworth bike.

Has TE done some crap to tarnish his reputation? Of course. However, that doesn't mean the bikes are crap.

Before you torch me, I have 2 Ells bikes. However, a Turner is on the top of my list for my next bike, an AM build.

Thanks guys!
    F-no I haven't ridden an Ellsworth, and I never will. The guy changed a bike-review, inserting words and phrases that never existed, then when we called him on it he went back to his website, changed it again, and then CALLED US LIARS. The best thing TE ever did was to stop posting on the internet and making himself into more of a fool.

Some of his bikes WERE crap. There were serious and obvious flaws with some of his bikes. He denied the flaws and that was the basis of many other sh*tstorms on that forum.

The stuff that Tony Ellsworth has done is not excusable, ever. That is just one of many examples. The guy is a pathalogical liar. He deserves eternal bashing and everything he gets. There's a reason that Ellsworth is the butt of every manufacturer joke on this site. End of story.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Moosehead
    Zilla your the Dr Phil of the homer forum
    You mean the reference to a Remora? From Wiki below:

"The relationship between remoras and their perfect hosts is most often taken to be one of commensalism, specifically phoresy. The host they attach to for transport gains nothing from the relationship, but also loses little. The remora benefits by using the host as transport and protection and also feeds on materials dropped by the host. There is controversy whether a remora's diet is primarily leftover fragments, or the feces of the host."

Sure seems like a good fit, Ricky Remora.

Otherwise, Dr. Phil would likely advise that you must learn to love yourself first, before you can love others.

Pick a wheel size...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    F-no I haven't ridden an Ellsworth, and I never will. The guy changed a bike-review, inserting words and phrases that never existed, then when we called him on it he went back to his website, changed it again, and then CALLED US LIARS. The best thing TE ever did was to stop posting on the internet and making himself into more of a fool.

Some of his bikes WERE crap. There were serious and obvious flaws with some of his bikes. He denied the flaws and that was the basis of many other sh*tstorms on that forum.

The stuff that Tony Ellsworth has done is not excusable, ever. That is just one of many examples. The guy is a pathalogical liar. He deserves eternal bashing and everything he gets. There's a reason that Ellsworth is the butt of every manufacturer joke on this site. End of story.
    I know, I've read what happened.

Unfortunately, or fortunately for me, I didn't read what happened before I bought an Ells.

Pretty sure I have ZERO regrets about that purchase. In fact, I liked the bike *so much* that I bought *gasp* another Ells frame. Oh no! The sky is falling!

Tony Ellsworth isn't going to be at my house on Christmas morning. Tony Ellsworth isn't going to be down at my local brewery enjoying a beautifully crafted Imperial Stout with me. Tony Ellsworth will not be at my local trailhead, gearing up to hit some sweet trails with me. However, Tony Ellsworth's company produces a very, very fine bicycle frame that I enjoy very much and have had ZERO problems with. Tell me where the problem is?

I'm not debating the problems in the past.

The frames NOW are amazing. You may say the suspension is "dated". Of course it is. There's been 14.3 million different suspension designs brought to market since the whole ICT deal. I, for one, feel that it does what it's suppose to - which means, it works.

Does that mean that other bikes are inferior? Absolutely not, that's absurd. Just because TE spouts off on some holier-than-thou rant about being the best thing out there doesn't mean the people that ride Ells frames think the same way. I have 2 Ells because they work for ME. I LIKE the way they feel, I like they way they ride, and I like the way they look. I have no regrets paying a premium for them, end of story.

That said, what does it mean when I say that a Turner 5-Spot is what I'm targeting for my next bike? It means that there are amazing bikes from a ton of different manufacturers that will do an excellent job on the trail. If you feel like you need to be best buds with a company's CEO to buy their product, then that's your deal but it's definitely not mine.

A good bike is a good bike, end of story. And, at the end of the day, we are all MTB'ers so there's no point in getting all huffy over doing what makes us happiest - RIDING

Elitest thrill junkie
    However, Tony Ellsworth's company produces a very, very fine bicycle frame that I enjoy very much and have had ZERO problems with. Tell me where the problem is?

I'm not debating the problems in the past.

The Epihany was put out there with defective rockers. That is not a very "old" issue, it's pretty new. Hey, not all their stuff is crap and they HAVE made some good bikes like the Moment, but again, it doesn't excuse TE for being a lousy human being, his lousy business practices, and even some lousy bikes from certain years(Id, Joker, Dare, Truth, etc).
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

tardcore

Thanks guys!
    Umm, Turner does not make an AM bike according to the Pro-Core reviewers on this site so please move along, nothing to see here

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    Umm, Turner does not make an AM bike according to the Pro-Core reviewers on this site so please move along, nothing to see here
    +1

See signature

mtbr member
    +1

See signature
    you should just start all your posts with

"hey look at me"

it would be more to the point

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    you should just start all your posts with

"hey look at me"

it would be more to the point
    Slow weekend Qube?

Chumba not giving you enough e-time

mtbr member
    Slow weekend Qube?

Chumba not giving you enough e-time
    no i guess not. like everyone else they're just waiting with baited breath till they get a super gnar bike that meets your specs. i'm sure alan is at the drawing board right now working on that cheap dw knockoff of the rfx you're after. hopefully he's listened to all your suggestions and gets it right the first time. i sure hope it's cheaper than the retatrded turner pricing cause i'm not willing to pay for patent rights or engineering costs to get my stoke on.

banned
    Sep 2005

Signed, sealed, and delivered...

Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    no i guess not. like everyone else they're just waiting with baited breath till they get a super gnar bike that meets your specs. i'm sure alan is at the drawing board right now working on that cheap dw knockoff of the rfx you're after. hopefully he's listened to all your suggestions and gets it right the first time. i sure hope it's cheaper than the retatrded turner pricing cause i'm not willing to pay for patent rights or engineering costs to get my stoke on.
    Glad to see you've turned over a new leaf. Now all you need are a few good friends and people who actually trust your judgment to spend their hard earned cash based on your recommendations and experience.

Then and only will you be elevated to "Pro-Core" Certified and subsequently taken seriously .

rr
    I don't do PC

mtbr member

No

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by smaxor
    What the he!! is that?

Hate Costs Money

Members who have read this thread: 0