DW Spot and 2010 Revelation- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

DW Spot and 2010 Revelation

I picked up a 2010 RS Revelation for my DW Spot. I took it for a ride this evening - what an amazing fork! It is the U-turn model with travel from 120mm to 150mm. It has the 20mm TA. It weights 4.03 lbs.

This is an incredibly stiff fork. I rode through a couple of tough rock gardens and it tracked perfectly. I have had the 09 TALAS with the 15mm TA and more recently the 2010Float 140 with the 15mm TA on the DW Spot. They are both stiff but the new RS Revelation was noticeably stiffer. I was not expecting such a difference. RS attributes the additional stiffness to the "power bulges". You can see in a couple of pictures were they have increased diameter of the lowers.

Set at 140mm it climbed amazingly well and felt plush. I changed the trave to 150 and the bike still felt balanced. The increase in travel was nice for some rocky descents and the extra 10mm was noticeable. It was plush and responsive.

The only criticism of the fork is small bump compliance. It was not as responsive as the TALAS or Float. I will keep fine tuning it to see if I can refine the small bump compliance.

This fork is a real nice match for the DW Spot. The DW Spot is one of the few bikes that climbs well at 140. I never had the need to dial down the suspension to 120. However, the additional 10mm was nice for the descents and rough stuff but it did not upset the balanced feel when the travel was dialed at 150mm. I also noticed less pedal slap compared to when I had the TALAS on the Spot. First impressions - this fork is amazing. Stiff, plush, responsive, and relatively light. This fork is a serious contender for the DW Spot
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0