Dw Highline!!!!!- Mtbr.com
    locked - time out

Dw Highline!!!!!

I think Last I heard DT would do a group buy. Needed a certain amount of interest/deposits to make it happen.
    OR are we waiting till the economy turns around in 2011,12,13,14,15?

Whats the latest?

I imagine a 7.5 - 8" DW linked bike would be a great addition to the Turner Family.

Outcast
    So your firebird finally broke, huh?

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    So your firebird finally broke, huh?

HAHAHAHAHA

No. Just future plans.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    I think Last I heard DT would do a group buy. Needed a certain amount of interest/deposits to make it happen.
    OR are we waiting till the economy turns around in 2011,12,13,14,15?

Whats the latest?

I imagine a 7.5 - 8" DW linked bike would be a great addition to the Turner Family.
    Not going to happen. Although the current front triangle of the highline should be a good base for creating your own custom floating pivot rear end.

locked - time out
    What makes you say it ain't gonna happen? Just wondering. Sorry if this has been discussed. Been out of the loop for a bit.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    What makes you say it ain't gonna happen? Just wondering. Sorry if this has been discussed. Been out of the loop for a bit.
    Not profitable enough. The last version only sold like crazy when the price was dropped a lot.

Then again, the DW Turner was never going to happen either. But in that case, DT and DW NEVER said anything to the contrary, which I knew meant that we would see something.

DT has said many times he is not going to make another Highline.

My response?

He would be smart to release a RFX (Heavy Duty version). Same geo and travel, but with 1.5 HT and stronger tubing than the standard version. A 9 lb DW RFX would be a dream "light freeride" frame. I could see my Highline being resort only if I owned something like a HD RFX. I can't imagine that this approach would require too much retooling or R&D after the first version is created. Just add thicker tubes to some spots.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by YoPawn
    He would be smart to release a RFX (Heavy Duty version). Same geo and travel, but with 1.5 HT and stronger tubing than the standard version. A 9 lb DW RFX would be a dream "light freeride" frame. I could see my Highline being resort only if I owned something like a HD RFX. I can't imagine that this approach would require too much retooling or R&D after the first version is created. Just add thicker tubes to some spots.
    That is an interesting idea. But then how would you differentiate them? Would the light model be known as the weak model? What about warrantee issues on broken frames -- where do you draw the line between HD and LD usage? Is the LD version "FRO" aka not expected to last very long? And if the light version is "strong enough" then why would I want the heavy version if it has the same geometry?

If heavy implies park / resort / shuttle, then let's slack it out another degree and drop the BB half an inch so typical trail / pedalling oriented users will know which one to pick, and this will also keep the DH guys in check too so they don't end up on the twitchy light duty XC weight weenie model in an environment where it will break.

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by AW_
    That is an interesting idea. But then how would you differentiate them? Would the light model be known as the weak model? What about warrantee issues on broken frames -- where do you draw the line between HD and LD usage? Is the LD version "FRO" aka not expected to last very long? And if the light version is "strong enough" then why would I want the heavy version if it has the same geometry?

If heavy implies park / resort / shuttle, then let's slack it out another degree and drop the BB half an inch so typical trail / pedalling oriented users will know which one to pick, and this will also keep the DH guys in check too so they don't end up on the twitchy light duty XC weight weenie model in an environment where it will break.
    Easy. Put a 1.125 or taper HT on the standard model and a 1.5 HT on the HD.

Ideally he should just make the standard RFX the HD 9+ lb coil version. Only problem is the damn weight pansies think that bike weight is best dropped in the frame. I say, go buy a damn Ellsworth. Judging by how so many people are putting 170-80mm forks on their RFX and more durable components, this would be a wise decision.

Unfortunately, Dave wants to make money. So he has to pander to the illogical mass weight wennie market. aka Southern California. The further North you go, the heavier and stronger bikes become, and with less color coordination! Tell the guys pedaling up the North Shore on a 40+ lb AM bike with DH tires, lowered seat, middle ring, that they "need" something on the bleeding edge of disaster, light. Thanks to all of the big marketing monsters for giving consumers unrealistic expectations of weight, performance and durability.

mtbr member
    Ideally he should just make the standard RFX the HD 9+ lb coil version. Only problem is the damn weight pansies think that bike weight is best dropped in the frame. I say, go buy a damn Ellsworth. Judging by how so many people are putting 170-80mm forks on their RFX and more durable components, this would be a wise decision.

Unfortunately, Dave wants to make money. So he has to pander to the illogical mass weight wennie market. aka Southern California. The further North you go, the heavier and stronger bikes become, and with less color coordination! Tell the guys pedaling up the North Shore on a 40+ lb AM bike with DH tires, lowered seat, middle ring, that they "need" something on the bleeding edge of disaster, light. Thanks to all of the big marketing monsters for giving consumers unrealistic expectations of weight, performance and durability.
    Oh man! We should ride sometime!

trail fairy
    Nothing wrong wiot hte old Highline, is DW going to make it better more value in the high prioce wars the reason it was dis-established hows this going to help

Bring back the old version, it was the best looking and functional versatile Turner, and after 07 I'd not heard of many issues with chain stays once it was sorted, the 7inch ver was wicking plus it had a real HT std
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by big-ted
    Oh man! We should ride sometime!
    Sure thing! If I ever head up North this summer I'll give a shout out. I'm in 99% trail building mode this summer. Not much traveling out of the Seattle area. Come down enxt year and you'll crap your pants on what we're building.

You live in Vancouver, eh?

I miss that place. I lived in Kits for a year while attending VFS. Right next to the huck wagon headquarters/house.

I hope to get back on a work visa or retire from winning the lottery that I never enter.

Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
    I believe it was first $200,000 shows up at his door, then Highlines get built.

mtbr member
    Looks like some bike manufacturers get it:
    Check out the Uzzi VP...
    It's easy to lower BB height and slack the bike with 3 position drop outs.
    And travel adjustable.
    And you can run different shock lengths.
    And it has grease ports
    And it's made in the USA.
    And it has a 1.5 headtube
    Attached Images Attached Images

trail fairy
    Wormvine I agree, Intense do allot of things right, I still find there angles a bit funky and a bit leaning to the XC side of things which is weird with the so called ability of VP and DWL type suspensions I would prefer to see slacker HAs SAs to take advantage of the so caled benefits to these linkage systems!

Maybe it has allot to do with where they are based or ride or the type of riders they think will benefit from them, but when ya on the extremes which these bikes are designed for and forks compress etc HAs steepen and ya get a very pitchy style of ride, due to the bias to make a climbing bike!

So I would like to see that brought in line instead of the same old conservative approach of things!

However in saying that, I still beleive in my own wee ta world that the Highline suffered from not enough product cycle life!

E.g by 2007/08 it was dialed in perfectly by that time DT had decided he would sell em off with DW bike coming on, I still don't think it had a chance, and sometimes little is moar ya just got to ride it out, Ive ridden the 7point a few times and especially uphill I never really liked it myself, so I see no reason to produce a high end DW FR bike, when the reason the original HL was killed off was because supposedly there is no market for it, which i disagree with, when ya look at as you have raised the Intense Uzzi a icon for Intense riders, the VP Free or is it the Driver now, the Knolly for example! and the list goes on!

I'd be happy for the 08 HL to be produced still, I still think people over compensate with linkages in this market, if ya need a crutch then its the wrong bike, better to spend the money on suspension tuning than what link it runs!, Geo, suspension tires is all that matters, XC DH then yes there maybe advantages, but WCs have never definitively proved a linkage bike over a single pivot, the 3s still rule, no matter what a well designed and executed SP can and is still relevant an that was what the HL became!

Same in Freeride imo

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Wormvine I agree, Intense do allot of things right, I still find there angles a bit funky and a bit leaning to the XC side of things which is weird with the so called ability of VP and DWL type suspensions I would prefer to see slacker HAs SAs to take advantage of the so caled benefits to these linkage systems!

Maybe it has allot to do with where they are based or ride or the type of riders they think will benefit from them, but when ya on the extremes which these bikes are designed for and forks compress etc HAs steepen and ya get a very pitchy style of ride, due to the bias to make a climbing bike!

So I would like to see that brought in line instead of the same old conservative approach of things!

However in saying that, I still beleive in my own wee ta world that the Highline suffered from not enough product cycle life!

E.g by 2007/08 it was dialed in perfectly by that time DT had decided he would sell em off with DW bike coming on, I still don't think it had a chance, and sometimes little is moar ya just got to ride it out, Ive ridden the 7point a few times and especially uphill I never really liked it myself, so I see no reason to produce a high end DW FR bike, when the reason the original HL was killed off was because supposedly there is no market for it, which i disagree with, when ya look at as you have raised the Intense Uzzi a icon for Intense riders, the VP Free or is it the Driver now, the Knolly for example! and the list goes on!

I'd be happy for the 08 HL to be produced still, I still think people over compensate with linkages in this market, if ya need a crutch then its the wrong bike, better to spend the money on suspension tuning than what link it runs!, Geo, suspension tires is all that matters, XC DH then yes there maybe advantages, but WCs have never definitively proved a linkage bike over a single pivot, the 3s still rule, no matter what a well designed and executed SP can and is still relevant an that was what the HL became!

Same in Freeride imo
    A dw link bike or a vpp bike has the same number of pivots as a TNT type bike. And that is 2. How you actuate the shock is another story. If so many "linkages" is an issue, shouldn't DT get rid of the seatstay pivot? Make it a "true" single pivot!
    The Uzzi can be set up to have a 66 deg HA. Not exactly XC by anyone's reckoning.

Frankly my post was not to show that the Uzzi was the next Highline. It was a response to Yo Pawn and AW's talk of different versions of a RFX and to show the adjustability that's already implemented on a bike frame out there.

What shock was on the 7point? A 5th element?
    Last edited by wormvine; 07-15-2009 at 10:38 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Come down enxt year and you'll crap your pants on what we're building.

so where ya building this stuff? if you don't mind saying.
    breezy shade

Build More = Ride More

I had the same experience with the 7 point. Doesn't pedal any better than the Highline. Even though it may actually have some improvement, it's likely hidden by the weight of all the components.

I think the Highline didn't sell too well at $2400, because it is a single pivot. Now, those who know, know that it rides better than just about anything out there. Unfortunately, the damn marketing cheesedicks, have the majority of the consumers thinking single pivots are the equivalent to Walmart technology. Put a damn horst pivot in there, degrade the performance, and yet people will tend to choose it over the single pivot.

Oh well, in the end, I got a Highline for $1600 so I can only really complain so much.

banned
    lolol, "single pivot"

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge
    so where ya building this stuff? if you don't mind saying.
    Duthie Hill. Totally legit and 100% bad-ass. Some of the stunts are getting big. The Dirt Corp step down to step up is retardely huge and better build than Whistler stunts.

We're still in mostly no pictures mode right now, until after the phase 1 has been finalized and officially open to the public.

Expect some ridiculous wood work trails out there for phase 2. We have a stupid amount of cedar to work with.
    I spend anywhere from 10-20 hours a week outside of my full-time job building.

Here's some stuff I worked on at Colonnade. Duthie is bigger and better.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIL5rROc3V8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DIL5rROc3V8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    Last edited by YoPawn; 07-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wormvine
    Looks like some bike manufacturers get it:
    Check out the Uzzi VP...
    It's easy to lower BB height and slack the bike with 3 position drop outs.
    And travel adjustable.
    And you can run different shock lengths.
    And it has grease ports
    And it's made in the USA.
    And it has a 1.5 headtube
    I'm got tired of waiting for a Turner that's a little lower, slacker and a little more travel than my '06 RFX so I demo'd one of the new Uzzi's VP's. There are a couple details I didn't care for on the Uzzi but damn, it's the real deal when you ride it. I've got my name on one.

Hurry up with that DW RFX, DT

trail fairy
    A dw link bike or a vpp bike has the same number of pivots as a TNT type bike. And that is 2. How you actuate the shock is another story. If so many "linkages" is an issue, shouldn't DT get rid of the seatstay pivot? Make it a "true" single pivot!
    The Uzzi can be set up to have a 66 deg HA. Not exactly XC by anyone's reckoning.

Frankly my post was not to show that the Uzzi was the next Highline. It was a response to Yo Pawn and AW's talk of different versions of a RFX and to show the adjustability that's already implemented on a bike frame out there.

What shock was on the 7point? A 5th element?
    I read your post a little quick was running out of time and missed the adj poiints of the new Uzzi, my bad that is cool, I like that so ya right the geo is good at the HA whats it like everywhere else I wish peeps would post GEOs in this type of posts, not getting at you though as numbers alone do not tell the story, but having ridden an older VPX and a VPFree a number of times, I preffered the ride of the VPFree, specc was exactly the same! just found Intense funcky on GEO for me it sort of was weird somehow not comfortable in its own skin!

I'm not saying linkages are an issue just over hyped in some catagoris of ridng, design and execution, remmeber the over whelming reason DT got rid of the HL was cost and lack of sales! but a bike in 3 years in that market is far to short imho, FWIW. price may have been a factor as well, but a boutique brand is always niche and I don't see how ya wouldn't know that already in ya marketing plan! Plus as I said it got allot of bad perception initally, even I would have bought on over my RFX if it wasn't for the CS issues and if it had a been 7inches I might have taken a chance, I was tempted as I had a SPot hard core build already.

I rode an 07 IH7P both with Fox DHXc which felt totally poo for me, then a Roco WC which was wayyyyyyyyyyy better felt more balanced with the 66 1.5 RC3 upfront, I still preffered my RFX with CCDB and 66 RC2X though, to be fair it was a little over sprung for me, but I got enough of a view for its handling, the SST I would have loved

I hate 5th Elements lol like riding dead wood

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Easy. Put a 1.125 or taper HT on the standard model and a 1.5 HT on the HD.

This post FTW love it YoPawn

This would be my second choice to the current non produced HL though, these in person are awesome and my buddy rides one and hes riding as good as Ive ever seen him ride only on the Jedi may he have ridden better, and hes been on allot of bikes, and hucks and chucks bikes all over the place, though I was faster lol he'll kill me for that! Im slow now so he slays me! But this is one linkage bike design that Im truly impressed by! Great numbers and its very stable, rips corners! Pedals great! Now I wish I could get a ride on on, hes a smurf so too small a frame for me! Ahh..

Like the Knoly and Intense allot of adj, 7 or 8 inches, 1.5 HT uses same shock eye to eye as the One, and the Jedi, can take pretty much any type of shock an design, Nice! 12x135 maxle rear 73mm BB.

My buddis Diggle
    He started off with a Pike up front then moved to a real fork on the rig a Totem! <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td width="100%">
    </td> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Totem version!

Last edited by trailadvent; 07-16-2009 at 01:20 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    I had the same experience with the 7 point. Doesn't pedal any better than the Highline. Even though it may actually have some improvement, it's likely hidden by the weight of all the components.

I think the Highline didn't sell too well at $2400, because it is a single pivot. Now, those who know, know that it rides better than just about anything out there. Unfortunately, the damn marketing cheesedicks, have the majority of the consumers thinking single pivots are the equivalent to Walmart technology. Put a damn horst pivot in there, degrade the performance, and yet people will tend to choose it over the single pivot.

Oh well, in the end, I got a Highline for $1600 so I can only really complain so much.
    Well said again I like ya thinking and riding style bro

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Build More = Ride More
    Well said again I like ya thinking and riding style bro
    Thanks. I have plenty of time to write posts while at work and waiting for my computer to do some video game compiling tasks.

Unfortunately, that's not me riding. I would give my left nut to ride half as good as Metzger. He has a unique style, I dig it. I'm the dork in the grey t-shirt and black hat, talking to the guys about my stunt. Just got finished rebuilding that berm after the stepup with the ropes on the sides, when they showed up with the camera. If there's ever an Earthquake while down there, dive for cover under it! That thing is built way beyond any imaginable standard of durability.

I've always liked the look of those Canfields. It would be ideal if they could design a full length seat tube. That would sell me!

AW_
    locked - time out
    Duthie Hill. Totally legit and 100% bad-ass. Some of the stunts are getting big. The Dirt Corp step down to step up is retardely huge and better build than Whistler stunts.
    DW is no improvement over single pivot, and your trails are better than Whistler? Tall claims bro. The first I can chalk up to rider preference, while the second requires some pics or an invite.

p.s. And if it is an invite, I am very familiar with how to operate a shovel.

mtbr member
    I read your post a little quick was running out of time and missed the adj poiints of the new Uzzi, my bad that is cool, I like that so ya right the geo is good at the HA whats it like everywhere else I wish peeps would post GEOs in this type of posts, not getting at you though as numbers alone do not tell the story, but having ridden an older VPX and a VPFree a number of times, I preffered the ride of the VPFree, specc was exactly the same! just found Intense funcky on GEO for me it sort of was weird somehow not comfortable in its own skin!

I'm not saying linkages are an issue just over hyped in some catagoris of ridng, design and execution, remmeber the over whelming reason DT got rid of the HL was cost and lack of sales! but a bike in 3 years in that market is far to short imho, FWIW. price may have been a factor as well, but a boutique brand is always niche and I don't see how ya wouldn't know that already in ya marketing plan! Plus as I said it got allot of bad perception initally, even I would have bought on over my RFX if it wasn't for the CS issues and if it had a been 7inches I might have taken a chance, I was tempted as I had a SPot hard core build already.

I rode an 07 IH7P both with Fox DHXc which felt totally poo for me, then a Roco WC which was wayyyyyyyyyyy better felt more balanced with the 66 1.5 RC3 upfront, I still preffered my RFX with CCDB and 66 RC2X though, to be fair it was a little over sprung for me, but I got enough of a view for its handling, the SST I would have loved

I hate 5th Elements lol like riding dead wood

Cool, I hear ya. I have read that the older Uzzi VPX's were too steep. Enough people complained that Intense let one of their machinists make new lower slacker dropouts for the VPX. He sells them.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=uzzi+slackers
    I guess that's a benefit of replaceable dropouts. If enough people want a geo change, You can CNC some more.

trail fairy
    Thanks. I have plenty of time to write posts while at work and waiting for my computer to do some video game compiling tasks.

Unfortunately, that's not me riding. I would give my left nut to ride half as good as Metzger. He has a unique style, I dig it. I'm the dork in the grey t-shirt and black hat, talking to the guys about my stunt. Just got finished rebuilding that berm after the stepup with the ropes on the sides, when they showed up with the camera. If there's ever an Earthquake while down there, dive for cover under it! That thing is built way beyond any imaginable standard of durability.

I've always liked the look of those Canfields. It would be ideal if they could design a full length seat tube. That would sell me!

Haha nice I hate waiiting for myu slow connection

Yeah I duno if its such an issue no one here riding em has complained but we usually work for the single track and downs not that Im much at anything at the mo, but its why I enjoy riding with the DH boys more they are more relaxed it not a street fight to see who can ride up fireroads the fastyest then hold each other up on the way down, we have good etticate here fatsest goes fisrst on downs, goings up is for chatting the chit and man stuff

Could always use one of those knocker scoper things, I'd rather have a compatible Hammerschidt ride which this is than XC height saddle but thats just me, as long as I'm not cramped in the cockpit I can climb fine and I ride flats so less issue again Ive found, just need to get my leg strenght back!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    Cool, I hear ya. I have read that the older Uzzi VPX's were too steep. Enough people complained that Intense let one of their machinists make new lower slacker dropouts for the VPX. He sells them.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...=uzzi+slackers
    I guess that's a benefit of replaceable dropouts. If enough people want a geo change, You can CNC some more.
    That is a nice feature, and ya can go or could not sure nowm 135mm rear end like above and 150mm x 12mm rear which was nice, though don;t see the point in running a QR rear on the VPX myself.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Build More = Ride More
    Quote Originally Posted by AW_
    DW is no improvement over single pivot, and your trails are better than Whistler? Tall claims bro. The first I can chalk up to rider preference, while the second requires some pics or an invite.

p.s. And if it is an invite, I am very familiar with how to operate a shovel.

I didn't say it wasn't an improvement, just not a noticeable one.

I wouldn't say our trails are really better than Whistler, since they have infinitely more vertical and natural terrain to use. I'm just giving props to the individual stunt designs we have.

If you're in the Seattle area, you know where to find us. No invite needed.

FM
    mtbr member
    +50 points for this thread, for stereotyping similar-looking suspension designs from different brands as riding alike.
    +50 for comparing a bike that hasn't been built yet, to one that's been discontinued!
    more points for "heavy is the new light" weight comparisons! We NEED 10lb+ frames, regardless of warranty (except for California... they're OK with the 7.15lb 8" canfield)

Love it, good stuff, keep it up!

I will definitely consider your opinions when shoppin' for my next bike!
    Last edited by FM; 07-16-2009 at 04:30 PM.

mtbr member
    That is a nice feature, and ya can go or could not sure nowm 135mm rear end like above and 150mm x 12mm rear which was nice, though don;t see the point in running a QR rear on the VPX myself.

No I don't see much of a point for the old 135mm QR. My 12x150mm thru axle is easy enough to remove but a maxle type rear would be cool. The new Marzocchi 15mm front axle would work for a rear axle. I think they are using it on some of the 2010's as well. It's not like last years torque type axle that clicked into place. One side of the fork has an attached nut that spins and the new axle screws into this nut. You then fold over the axle lever to lock it. Like a typical skewer. Would be cool for a rear axle. Have you seen it yet?

Has anyone seen it yet?

Edit: Sorry my post is a bit confusing. I did not mean to say that it would be good to use a 15mm axle for the rear of any bike. I meant that the design of Marzocchi's new QR lever would probably work well for a rear axle system. At 12mm diameter of course!
    Last edited by wormvine; 07-16-2009 at 11:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Ideally he should just make the standard RFX the HD 9+ lb coil version.
    Agree, sort of. Actually I would rather see a 9 lb Highline lite, as an AM/Trail/lght FR bike to replace the RFX. Same geo and design as the Highline, 7" front and rear, 73 mm BB shell, 12X135 rear axle. Linkage? Whatever works. I think it's an awful lot to expect a redesigned RFX to fill the void between the Spot and DHR, and have to agree with TA, the Highline is/was the best looking Turner.

It's carbon dontcha know.
    No I don't see much of a point for the old 135mm QR. My 12x150mm thru axle is easy enough to remove but a maxle type rear would be cool. The new Marzocchi 15mm front axle would work for a rear axle. I think they are using it on some of the 2010's as well. It's not like last years torque type axle that clicked into place. One side of the fork has an attached nut that spins and the new axle screws into this nut. You then fold over the axle lever to lock it. Like a typical skewer. Would be cool for a rear axle. Have you seen it yet?

Has anyone seen it yet?
    I believe Highlines work with the 12*150 rear Maxle, I think Zilla has one.

banned
    This post FTW love it YoPawn

My buddis Diggle
    He started off with a Pike up front then moved to a real fork on the rig a Totem! <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td width="100%">
    </td> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

Totem version!

There are two different bikes your buddy has.

gnuH
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    There are two different bikes your buddy has.
    That's why they call him"BikeWhore"
    A green bird with a red body. We could look it up in a book. Or we could look up

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    +50 points for this thread, for stereotyping similar-looking suspension designs from different brands as riding alike.
    +50 for comparing a bike that hasn't been built yet, to one that's been discontinued!
    more points for "heavy is the new light" weight comparisons! We NEED 10lb+ frames, regardless of warranty (except for California... they're OK with the 7.15lb 8" canfield)

Love it, good stuff, keep it up!

I will definitely consider your opinions when shoppin' for my next bike!
    Dude don't be so insecure! you have allot more to contribute, this thread is a discussion its not a slag fest at anyone!

Its not like you rock Turners exclusively or that we don't appreciate them, I for one love Turners and thats why we were are passionate about the HL I don;t even have one!

But some of us can also appreciate this market segment and the other brands out there that we are discussing, chill man!

As the for the Canfield it may be light but its tough, you'd know that if ya did ya research, ya may not like it that's cool I'm down with that but before ya poo poo them know what ya talking about! They are small even compared to Turner but these guys also ride what they build in those enviroments few here could hang with them on the trail on sure!

Plus what ya doing on the internet if ya not e-experimenting or talking about something, we don't have to be experts to discuss things geezus open the visor bro! Plus you already have a HL and one of the best looking bikes out there just lap it up! we all know test riding a bike setup for you is best way to decide what works for U or me

JC actually the wee one was is ONE then I convinced him to move onto the Diggle he maybe small but he rides big, and yes he is a Bike Whore, hes had more bikes in the time Ive been off than I have in the last 10years

Also another thought hes been running the new cartridge FSA headsets, that's a 1.5 reducer set on the Diggle and also the new cartridge on the some others 1/18th sets they look like a dam well made headset so keeping an eye on how they hold up, we ride in lots of rain mud especially at mo its gail force here outside this morning! but am quietly impressed with these at mo, may not meet the bling a ling std of the Homers and others here on MTBR but they look quality in person! so long term be interesting to see how these cartridge types hold up!

Last edited by trailadvent; 07-17-2009 at 12:59 PM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

FM
    mtbr member
    But some of us can also appreciate this market segment and the other brands out there that we are discussing, chill man!:
    I am nothing but entertained.....
    carry on dispensing pearls of wisdom

mtbr member
    Funny but the picture of the Candiggle reminds me of a Great Dane!

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by 6thElement
    I believe Highlines work with the 12*150 rear Maxle, I think Zilla has one.
    Yep. Works great.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

trail fairy
    Funny but the picture of the Candiggle reminds me of a Great Dane!
    The E world is a funny one!

Pictures do not do them justice, they look awesome on the trail and in person, the quality is as good as any bike Ive seen on person! taking you up on CF, takes allot to impress me when I have 2 Turners!

HL and the CD are in y top 2 in this category at present not much else I would look at!

For me not likely I will be riding in this category anyway, if I one day come across a deal on a second hand in good condition HL I'd like to add it to the oldschool Turner stable to atleast drool over, if I was buying new now on whats available it would be a Diggle, but then I would have DH bike anyway! So that would be a Jedi, DHR, or Evil.

Just don't underestimate these bikes they are wicked! They've stayed the course too on the suspension system 10years, long before other mini links became fashionable, I like that in a company myself!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

trail fairy
    edit double post d i c k w a d [me]
    Last edited by trailadvent; 07-19-2009 at 11:36 AM.

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Build More = Ride More
    Last edited by YoPawn; 07-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0