Team Blindspot

DW Flux: What's the biggest rear tire you are running?

I picked up an 09 Flux. I built it as trail bike, 120 fork, Pushed RT-3 (awesome shock).

I transferred my 819/King/Hope wheelset from my RFX to the Flux along the the Hans Dampf tires. They are a touch too big, noticed some scraping on the rear tri from the HD's. Love the tires, will probably keep the front, but now I'm looking for a rear. What's the biggest tire I can run on the rear?

TIA
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    The Kenda Nevegal or Excavator 2.35 will just squeeze in. No mud rides and in small rocks you will hear them go through and hit the lower yoke.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    The Kenda Nevegal or Excavator 2.35 will just squeeze in. No mud rides and in small rocks you will hear them go through and hit the lower yoke.
    I just mounted a Fat Albert 2.4 rear that I picked on Chainlove a while back that I forgot I had. More clearance than the HD's, but tighter than the 2.35 DHR's I've been running. Should be fine. The HD's were kissing the rear tri, the Albert has 4mm of clearance.

Thanks for the response, love your Flux
    Astigmatic Visionary

Moosehead
    S, the Bonty TLR 2.35's fit my 08 Flux, but as above no room for mud rides as they are big hi volumes. Specy Eskar's 2.3 a bit smaller and give good balance with not too much volume or weight. We still need to connect for a ride, WP was 70 degrees yesterday.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    A lot of my friends run the WTB Mutano 2.4 on the DW Flux. I run it on my 08 Flux with a Nitrous rear and no problems.

Rides Uphill Slow
    Quote Originally Posted by S-Works View Post
    I picked up an 09 Flux. I built it as trail bike, 120 fork, Pushed RT-3 (awesome shock).

I transferred my 819/King/Hope wheelset from my RFX to the Flux along the the Hans Dampf tires. They are a touch too big, noticed some scraping on the rear tri from the HD's. Love the tires, will probably keep the front, but now I'm looking for a rear. What's the biggest tire I can run on the rear?

TIA
    I too went from a RFX to a 09 Flux. I'm running 2.35 Maxxis Minions with no problem. Running a 2.4 Maxxis ADvantage up front. That one wot even come close to fitting out back.
    I'm here for the downhill

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hookler View Post
    I too went from a RFX to a 09 Flux. I'm running 2.35 Maxxis Minions with no problem. Running a 2.4 Maxxis ADvantage up front. That one wot even come close to fitting out back.
    That's exactly what I've been running after I took off the HD's.
    Astigmatic Visionary

Team Blindspot
    Got a long ride today with the Fat Albert 2.4 rear, excellent traction climbing and braking.

Even though it has more clearance than the HD, I noticed that it would occassionally pick up marble sized rocks in the tread and as the tire rotated around, the rock with hit the rear tri near the main pivot and come plunking out the side. I think I will put the DHR back on, and maybe order a 2.25 FA.

Cheb, you notice anything like this with the Excavators? That's another option for me.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    S-Works, Same problem with any Kenda 2.35, Nevegal, Excavator, I had the H-Factor on it in a rainstorm and had to push out while my wife rode right by with a 2.1 on her Flux. The bike really becomes an animal with the 2.35 and the CCDB in the rear. I did grind out that lower yoke a couple of mm on my DW 5 Spot to clear a 650 wheel. I guess I could attack the Flux, a little goes a long way. I have a Tioga Psycho Genius 2.3 that I will try to fit and get back to you on it.

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by cheb View Post
    S-Works, Same problem with any Kenda 2.35, Nevegal, Excavator, I had the H-Factor on it in a rainstorm and had to push out while my wife rode right by with a 2.1 on her Flux. The bike really becomes an animal with the 2.35 and the CCDB in the rear. I did grind out that lower yoke a couple of mm on my DW 5 Spot to clear a 650 wheel. I guess I could attack the Flux, a little goes a long way. I have a Tioga Psycho Genius 2.3 that I will try to fit and get back to you on it.
    I think I will stick with the FA's until it starts getting wet, then go back to the Minnion's. I guess I don't care about the rear tri getting a little beat up, I 'm going to get a new rear tri with the 142 maxle when it's available later this year.

Yeah, but let me know about those other tires.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I hope DT is listening. Other mfgs let you run 2.5 on hard tail. I've got 2.4 nobby nic with plenty of clearance (spacious) on my 2003 XCE 4" travel. I'd like to move to a newer, lighter bike with as much travel, and if the flux could run bigger tires that would be it.
    Big tires make a big difference.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    S-Works, Same fit with the 2.3 Psycho as all of the Kendas, a couple of mm clearance. My yoke has some scratches. Good call on the 12 rear triangle, I do get some rotor(180mm) drag when pedaling it up steep hills.