mtbr member
    Apr 2009

DT SWISS Fork + DW Spot

Has anyone ever put a DT Swiss EXC 150 fork on a dw spot. I am thinking about it as I found a good deal on a new one, just wondering what this will do to the characteristics of the bike. Right now I have a fox 140rcl with a qr and it's just not stiff enough. The 15m thru axle should solve that problem.

Any advise welcome
    Mike

Elitest thrill junkie
    15mm isn't 20mm though. What's the stanchion size? How does it compare to the fox in that area? How beefy is the crown/steerer to prevent fore-aft flex/movement? It's a longer axle-to-crown if it has more travel most likely. I'd be concerned that it may not be a huge improvement, although if you're in the market for a new shock it might be worth a try.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

got the dhr...
    Quote Originally Posted by electricsnail
    Has anyone ever put a DT Swiss EXC 150 fork on a dw spot. I am thinking about it as I found a good deal on a new one, just wondering what this will do to the characteristics of the bike. Right now I have a fox 140rcl with a qr and it's just not stiff enough. The 15m thru axle should solve that problem.

Any advise welcome
    Mike
    If your looking for stiffness.... maybe try a fox 36 float? the dw spot has a gusset, that allows the use of a 6" fork. and, if you feel that its too big, fox will give you a shim for free, ive heard it only takes like ten minutes to put the shim in. it would add a little bit of weight, but i dont think its a crazy amount... a little under a pound. if you dont want the extra weight, i think the dt fork would be fine. i have not personally ridden one, but i hear good things.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    how about the magura Thor and the double arch?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    can't get the Magura thor through our distributors, and one of them has the dt fork for 560 and I can get it in the 15mm thru or 20mm thru. So for the money i feel like that is a sweet price and can sell the fox for prob half of it ?? Good logic, maybe, cool looking fork yes

Members who have read this thread: 0