Dry road + Feb. = No spin bike !- Mtbr.com
    tg
    mtbr member

Dry road + Feb. = No spin bike !

Dirt trails still under two feet of snow but the roads are dry and the sun is out No Turner pics for ya but the CX bike is a great bike for this time of year. Took a few pics of my hood and the wild life that live here. Hope Fruita drys out soon but for now it's sweet to get off the lameass spin bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Nice pics. Trails are "dry" on the Front Range, you need to just pop over for a 1/2 day. Pick up cutthroat on the way.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

tg
    mtbr member
    Looks to be some tasty riding over the hill. I have never done any rides over there Need someone to show me the goods. CT talked about it , hope we can hook up. Do folks on the front range ride dirt year round? Seems like they do. I would love that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

I wouldn't say year 'round

because it snows here, too! And is below zero a lot. Then melts slowly then mud mud mud. But it's possible to ride a lot every month of the winter if conditions are fortuitous. Like right now. It could all change in a week. Just outside of the lower elevations (what are you 8500'?) there's plenty of snow just like you got. And there's no riding just like you don't got. What a difference 3000' of elevation drop makes!

Bite Me.
    Nice pics TG - I have actually been able to spin a bit on my road bike too. They have been plowing the bike path from Glenwood to Carbondale so it's dry after a few sunny days. Still not the MTB but better than the trainer as you point out.

Nice Elk shots - with all the snow, we've had a heard of about 20 hanging in the back yard by the river, and eating the grass under the eves at night and banging the hell out of my house. Frekking rats with antlers! Word is that Fruita and GJ are drying out - maybe ridable at the LL or Kokos in a couple more days. PM me if you're up for a one day strike to ride there. XCguy - maybe we can hook up over the Pres. Weekend - I'll be in Centennial riding Mathews Winters or down by Waterton (unless it snows).
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Nice pics TG - I have actually been able to spin a bit on my road bike too. They have been plowing the bike path from Glenwood to Carbondale so it's dry after a few sunny days. Still not the MTB but better than the trainer as you point out.

Nice Elk shots - with all the snow, we've had a heard of about 20 hanging in the back yard by the river, and eating the grass under the eves at night and banging the hell out of my house. Frekking rats with antlers! Word is that Fruita and GJ are drying out - maybe ridable at the LL or Kokos in a couple more days. PM me if you're up for a one day strike to ride there. XCguy - maybe we can hook up over the Pres. Weekend - I'll be in Centennial riding Mathews Winters or down by Waterton (unless it snows).
    As you know it could all change by the time you're here but I'll keep my eye out for what's rideable. What bike you bringing? PM me when your visit gets closer. Don't know if you've ever ridden up around Lyons (Hall, Picture Rock/Heil) but that's a 55 minute drive north from my house and I'm in Westminster. Search "Coyote Song" on the Front Range and Turner forums and that's an easy set of trails more down south that might be dry.

tg
    mtbr member
    CT, pm me if you do Fruita on a sat. or sun. I would love to get on some dirt.

keholio
    Oct 2005
    tg, I recognize that bike. Classic old handmade Salsa. Great pics. I especially like the neck deep trying to get somewhere.
    You picked a nice day to ride, for tomorrow the snow returns.
    good luck in Fruita, if you go take pics and give us a report on the condition.

Later,

tg
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keholio
    tg, I recognize that bike. Classic old handmade Salsa. Great pics. I especially like the neck deep trying to get somewhere.
    You picked a nice day to ride, for tomorrow the snow returns.
    good luck in Fruita, if you go take pics and give us a report on the condition.

Later,
    I bought that frame in 96 i think, came close to selling it a few times ..... glad I held on to it. I ride it in the winter all the time and on some trails.

Members who have read this thread: 0