Downtube Decal Kit Placement- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Downtube Decal Kit Placement

Anybody have some good tips on how and where to put a new set of “Down-tube Decals” on a XXL Sultan? I know that this might seem like a “lamer” question but is there a good place to line the stickers up vertical and horizontal? And what is the best way to apply them? Thanks for your time and sorry if this has already been covered before.
    Later E

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I figured out that part of the U in Turner pointed directly to the lower bottle cage bolt on the RFX on the website picture for the medium frame. It also looked like the long line on the T ran just ouside the edge of a bottle cage. So I went for it and it came out correct position wise but I ended up with a lot of bubbles. Probably better to do it on a hot day than a cold evening. I'm going to strip the decals off and try again with a new set so any suggestions are appreciated regarding bubbles.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    like ya say, a warm room is better and yer line up sounds good. i cut the sticker close to the logo with a good blade and a straight edge, normally on the flattest edges like the top and left side of a turner logo, mock it up and use masking tape to mark 2 top and 1 side point. lay it down top to bottom and apply in a very shallow angle with single stroaks usein a squeegee with a mostly stiff yet semi flexable material without rough edges. a credit card works in a pinch. i hear soapy water sprayed on the frame surface before the sticker is applied helps but im old school and go dry. a small pin prick in the center of a small bubble allows yer squeegee to help make it flat again if ya go edge to center.

by the way, im not a pro sticker guy but this has worked for a long time with good results. im sure theres a experts way that goes a step better.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    Try a hairdryer for the bubbles helps to smooth em out, sorta use it like a heat gun, chicks stuff comes in useful sometimes, things I found usefeul for hairspray and hair dryers
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Members who have read this thread: 0