DHR Feedback wanted...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

DHR Feedback wanted...

HI all,

I am in the market for a new DH bike and narrowed it down to the DHR and M9. I had a M3 a few years back and an Uzzi now so I'm used to the VPP and have zero expereince on the DW link. I understand the bike is well suited for DH racing, but does anyone have experience with it in just all around wekend DH, Whistler, local ski hills, etc... In other words is it just too slack and low to really just have fun o the bike.

I realize this is a tough question but was juts hoping for some feedback from those of you who have a DHR.

Locs on Spokez
    What's your riding style like?

I ride a DHR and used to ride a M6 so you should be able to get some knowledge outta me
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I like fast flow sections and technical rocky sections as well. I tend to plow as I am a heavy rider so dont have much finess. Not a big jumper, but dont mind popping off of stuff. Hope that helps.

Now with flavor!!
    I wish there was some way to convey over the internet the difference in how an Intense DH bike and a Turner DH bike hold together after a few seasons of abuse. It's just not even the same universe.

But since I can't do that, I'll just say this. If you're a plower, get the DHR but put a rockshox rear shock on it.....either a vivid coil or a vivid air. Neither the M9 or a DHR is really a plow bike but both are kind of in the middle between really pump responsive flickable feeling frame, and a frame you can just smash into shlt and keep momentum. Ditching the Fox rear shock on the DHR will get you a little closer to what you're after.

And with as much as both frames cost........in two years you'll be stoked on how your DHR stays tight. M9......that's a little different story.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Thanks,I appreciate the feedback. I had a chance to take a look at a DHR frame today and they look pretty stout. On the other hand I have a 2007 Uzzi VPX as my do it all bike and have not had a single issue with it. Are the M9s just not as well built?

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimi1114 View Post
    Thanks,I appreciate the feedback. I had a chance to take a look at a DHR frame today and they look pretty stout. On the other hand I have a 2007 Uzzi VPX as my do it all bike and have not had a single issue with it. Are the M9s just not as well built?
    It just seems like Intense puts a high priority on weight savings.

I had an uzzi too a few years ago. It was definitely not a turner.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Members who have read this thread: 1