mtbr member
    Aug 2006

DHR+E-Thirteen cups+Fsa IS2 HELP!

Ok went with the E-thirteen reducer cups and running the FSA IS2 internal headset. Installed the cups put in the bearings and the top compression sleeve, then I put on the top fsa spacer top part and it doesn't ride on the compession sleeve, it rubs on the E-thirteen cups? Are there washers AKA: the .25mm micro washers as Fsa calls them that should have been in the box that go on top of the compression sleeve to space the Fsa cap up off of the E-thirteen cups? Hope that makes sense.

Also while were at it do I have to run Flat crowns for my 03' dorado with this setup, kinda looking that way

Now with flavor!!
    Ditch the top piece. You don't need it. It doesn't offer squat for protection anyway.

Only you know if you need flat crowns or not. See where your uppers sit after you've got them at the ride height you want in the lower crown.

If you've got enough steerer on your fork, you could space it up and use drop crowns..........but that's kind of silly.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Yea..what he ^ said. That is exactly how I run mine, crown right on top of the compression ring.

To answer your first question, about the micro spacers, yes maybe. Sometimes they come with the headset sometimes not. I think that they are 'supposed to' though.

Senior Expert DH
    Don't know about your Dorado question, but I just run a very small spacer directly on the compression ring with a boxxer short top crown. Forget about the top cap unless you feel like buying 5-10 micro spacers from FSA.

Miko

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    we'll my bike shop gave me four of them and that seems to work I had to space the top crown up a little to clear the frame and to be able to mount on the stanchion .
    Ok went for a ride with the lower crown about as high as I can get it and the bike felt twitchy and the front wanted to tuck under in corners. Turner recomends a 22.44" axle to top of lower crown height, even with my lower all the way up I'm at a little under 22". Anybody run a Dorado on a DHR

Senior Expert DH
    I used to run a Dorado, I much prefer the feel of an 06 boxxer on the front of my DHR.

Members who have read this thread: 0