mtbr member
    Aug 2006

DHR + 03' Dorado SETUP?

Ok went for a ride with the lower crown about as high as I can get it and the bike felt twitchy and the front wanted to tuck under in corners. Turner recomends a 22.44" axle to top of lower crown height, even with my lower all the way up I'm at a little under 22". Anybody run a Dorado on a DHR?

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Run a very big tire up front..Mich 2.8 might help with the angle a little. Gotta remember, when 7" forks were common, flush mount headsets were not.

Why did you put a zero stack headset on your DHR if you did not want a steeper headangle???

P.S. Drilling your swingarm would slack out your bike again, but your bb will be very low.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I wanted to keep the top crown/bar setup as low as possible, didn't know it would keep the frame this low. Can I run a normal headset lower to raise the frame up some?
    Drilling the frame is not really a option for me. Can you space the lower fork race at all? I would like to slacken it out a little.

mtbr member
    I had one setup on my 04 for a while. I used a fat cane creek lower cup and flat upper crown, with the fork raised about haflway up.

It never felt that twitchy to me, but the i think the 04 was designed around a 7inch fork, 05-06 around an 8inch so can't really compare.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Members who have read this thread: 0