CRAZY FRED...A Tribute- Mtbr.com
    long standing member

CRAZY FRED...A Tribute

In honor of CF and the life and energy he has brought to these forums (and considering it's still clown-crap Friday), I've compiled a list of quotes and musings that help describe his essence. He's a pretty complex cat, and I just wanted to highlight the many facets of FRED's personality.

To start things off, I think CF puts if best:

They call me CRAZY FRED and they do so for good reason,I AM A FU@KING NUT. And i'm all so alot of other things...

Original FREDisms, retorts and other non-sensical musings:

I was In a good mood so I SPARED THEM THE PAIN

and alternate version

Lucky for you I'm in a good mood,so I'll spare your the pain.

Your Kidding Right?
    Ruffled feathers?Don't flatter your self,that was more like brushing dirt off my feathers.
    – to someone who had just apologized for “ruffling his feathers”.

Riding is my life,if jumping off sh!t is part of the ride than so be it.

That's who I am IF I DO SOMETHING I DO IT GOT THAT?

…(buy the way I'm born and raised from Lynn )I rode kid bikes in there when( most of them stolen) I was a kid 70's and I've been mountain biking there for almost 18 years.AND MY NECK IS FINE.

In fear of sounding very stupid(but it's for a good cause)

if you can't hand with the big dogs than stay off the porch.

He rides a rigid…and he rides on the road! Who wudda thunk it?
    Anyway I have the sweetest 96 Adroit all rigid… Its set up as my road bike

Braggadocios:
    I ended up going way huge on that bike, I was doing 12 foot drops on it back in 1999.And back than that was HUGE and almost un heard of.– regarding his rigid Klein.

…to me 15 feet is not big.

I still thinks its one of if not the hottest packs/rfx on the board,I just think everyone got way threatened or maybe even intimidated with the write up

Not really internet savvy:

Not clear on the concepts of “trolling” or “flamebait”:
    Don't sound like bait to me..... Just sounds like yet another clown with no knowledge about the facts,and just wants to run off at the mouth......NEXT>>>>>>

Doesn’t know what a search engine is:
    Where do you guy's find this stuff?

Wait, he does have a sense of internet humor…
    Dontreadwhatipostthan – to someone posting about his lack of proper punctuation, grammer, etc.

…And he knows that he is an elebrity (or at least he knows we can't stop reading his posts):
    Of course you could just look away,or can you????? That's what I thought.....Su@ks to be you huh?

He’s not very mechanical:
    If I have to change a flat I freak out...........
    Please tell me setting up my 66sl isn't going to be as hard as it sounds. Yes I do not change my flats,someone in my group always does. Why? because I'm not allowed to touch tools,bikes,pumps,pets you get the picture.Once I got three flats in like one hour. I broke two pumps ripped two stems off of two of the new tubes. I'm told it was like watching a bull in a china shop. Anyway..................

Not allowed to touch “pets”, Fred? Have you ever “broken” any puppies or kittens?

His sentimental side:
    Regarding this pic -
    Hands down the sweetest pictures I've ever seen>>>>
    That top picture was just to much for words. I'm quite green right now........................

Not a weight weenie, but apparently has been hanging out with Mark Weir:
    I'd go with the 07 66sl, just before you ride have yourself a good dump,and I'm sure you can drop 255g's.

Economist and motivational speaker:
    Food,heat,lights and a roof over your head? Nah it's over rated don't sell anything....for what it's worth bro,your not the only one in this suck sinking ship called life. GOOD LUCK. It will pass.

On the front lines of the brand wars:
    What, A Cracked Ellsworth ?
    Gee There's A Big Surprise>>>>>>>>

Prone to bike lust and he’s a bike whore as well:
    I've had almost 18 bikes since 2000

I'm sick over this bike>>>>>>> I'll tell ya,If I had the balls to back out on my recently order (and its all ready in) 6.6. I would buy this frame so fast,I'd get motion sick.
    – regarding a Motolite

But he knows what he doesn’t like:
    I'd buy a Yeti asx before you could give me a Transition anything.getto as$ welfare junk. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP.

Self-deprecating:
    But than again what the FU@K do I know.

Am I making any sense? I'd think before you say yes. I'm not to famous around here for making sense.

He can put you down with the best of them:
    You Got To Be Kidding>>>>>>
    This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Maybe you and that other biker sould STAY HOME than. Or go ride the fells with the other geeks........
    – to a newb who asked (politely) if the local trails were difficult to find and ride (and who in the same thread stated he would help out at the next trail work day)

Sounds like you need to crawl before you can walk.... – to the same newb, different post, same day

..please tell me your not a dude PEACHY R U FU@HEN KIDDEN ME? THE LAST TIME I SAID HEY PEACHY I WAS IN A HOT TOP WITH A $200.00 WHORE and it wasn't no gear whore. – to a poster named Peachy-B

He pays compliments too:
    I Love the color,congrats................................

He contradicts himself :
    I hate my 6-pack and I can't stand even looking at it anymore… Anyway again I will always love Turners – from the same post

And he can be quite ironic (and not even realize it):
    Its to bad you don't have an ounce of the class Renegade does.

I think you guys are GREAT,and I'll be here for a loooooon time.

He’s planted his stake and won’t be run out of town by anyone, no way, no how
    I'M NOT GOING ANY WHERE ANY TIME SOON…Understand this I live,eat,sleep and breath Bikes,so regaurdless where or what I ride, I'll always be right here reading and posting my always very colorful two cents.Caps on or off periods or no periods.

There's more (lots more), but I was only bored enough tonight to search for that much. There may be a part II, as long as CF doesn't get pissed and come to my house to murder me in my sleep.

Fred, I hope you don't get mad, but some of the things were too priceless to not get recognized. It's all in fun (at your expense, I realize ). Sorry about that.

Any additions are welcome.

Patrick
    Last edited by PCinSC; 09-18-2006 at 07:52 AM.

Peace & Love
    leave Fred alone

Bodhisattva
    Well done PC

Fred, we love you. Having you on the board is the most fun we've had since Smokey left

thats right living legend

Oh boy...

Here comes the pain...

nerfherder
    wow, that was a good read

~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    the most fun we've had since Smokey left
    SMOKEY was truly fun.

\|/Home of the Braves\|/
    Let's face it, CRAZY TED is just not the same thing
    Big hoopy.
    Turner Sultan / On One Inbred

mtbr member
    Fred is a nice guy, cut him some slack...

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    Well done PC

Fred, we love you. Having you on the board is the most fun we've had since Smokey left
    what happened to smokey? last i talked to him he was hunting down his next custom single speed frame builder; i need to touch base with him as he was a cool dude

thats right living legend

True Dat!

Quote Originally Posted by Just J
    Fred is a nice guy, cut him some slack...

Fred don't take no sh!t...

mtbr member
    May 2006

Well...I don't know what to say.

Other than this, Help to fu@ken understand with all the Turner fan's on this forum. Why no one is all over my 6-pack I told you its brand fu@ken new,The guy who's selling it got two e-mails,one said YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE THAT FRAME OFF LINE BECAUSE NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY THAT BEAT TO HELL FRAME. blocked e-mail address of course.But wait it gets better. Someone or the same person sent him a picture of me droping off something(one of those pictures of me that seems to get around the most) which sucks cause its like a gay little 6 footer.anyway and under the picture wrote NEVER BEEN RIDEN HUH and its not even a Turner its a fu@ken white Specailzed Enduro. If you look close enough its plain as day. My point is guys this is a AS CLOSE TO NEW AS YOU'LL EVER GET, Turner 6-pack hl with a new king head set and a new xtr front der. for 1200 bucks 1550 and he'll throw in the 06 BRAND NEW NO SCRATCHES fox 36rc2. I mean really that's crazy cheap. I'm giving you my word, all kidding aside you can not belive the shape this frame and other stuff is in. This your chance to own a piece of history HaHa. Having said that,I thank you all for the nice comments(and even for the not so nice ones) I think you guys are GREAT,and I'll be here for a loooooon time.YOU CAN'T MAKE ME QUIT,I HAVE NO PLACE TO GO. Thanks boys. Peace.......

Obsessed
    I am CRAZY FRED fan. I really am.

I'm also subscribing to this thread.

My cup runneth over
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Having said that,I thank you all for the nice comments(and even for the not so nice ones) I think you guys are GREAT,and I'll be here for a loooooon time.YOU CAN'T MAKE ME QUIT,I HAVE NO PLACE TO GO. Thanks boys. Peace.......
    Nicely handled C-Fred.

a tight kick sound
    I think this guy is awesome too
    Even though I may be the one "ruffling his feathers" or dusting them off every once in a while.
    Nice work FRED!

oooh and another one for the quotes list:
    "I'll be here for a loooooon time...."

Booner

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    The boy's a genius. Where can I get one of those 'crazy fred is king" t-shirts?

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by boone
    oooh and another one for the quotes list:
    "I'll be here for a loooooon time...."
    Yeah, I laughed until I cried when I read that. I happen to find Fred's subtle ironies very amusing, but maybe that's just my strange sense of humor.

CURB HUCK!!!!!!
    May 2006
    wooow
    Kona Coiler

banned
    I still can't figure out why CF is a big deal.

mtbr member
    A tribute to CF... this is great. Fred is a great guy we are pleased to have him to be a part of our mountain bike club.

Not sure if you guys on this forum have visited the dieselbikes website lately, but we have a local movie that is going to be available on Oct 9th and you can check out the video trailer at the link below.

http://www.dieselbikes.com/media/dieselfuel_trailer.htm
    For Information Regarding The New England Mountain Bike Scene:
    Visit DIESELBIKES.com

Team Blindspot

All kidding aside as well....

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZY FRED
    Other than this, Help to fu@ken understand with all the Turner fan's on this forum. Why no one is all over my 6-pack I told you its brand fu@ken new,The guy who's selling it got two e-mails,one said YOU SHOULD JUST TAKE THAT FRAME OFF LINE BECAUSE NO ONE IS GOING TO BUY THAT BEAT TO HELL FRAME. blocked e-mail address of course.But wait it gets better. Someone or the same person sent him a picture of me droping off something(one of those pictures of me that seems to get around the most) which sucks cause its like a gay little 6 footer.anyway and under the picture wrote NEVER BEEN RIDEN HUH and its not even a Turner its a fu@ken white Specailzed Enduro. If you look close enough its plain as day. My point is guys this is a AS CLOSE TO NEW AS YOU'LL EVER GET, Turner 6-pack hl with a new king head set and a new xtr front der. for 1200 bucks 1550 and he'll throw in the 06 BRAND NEW NO SCRATCHES fox 36rc2. I mean really that's crazy cheap. I'm giving you my word, all kidding aside you can not belive the shape this frame and other stuff is in. This your chance to own a piece of history HaHa. Having said that,I thank you all for the nice comments(and even for the not so nice ones) I think you guys are GREAT,and I'll be here for a loooooon time.YOU CAN'T MAKE ME QUIT,I HAVE NO PLACE TO GO. Thanks boys. Peace.......
    Cool you are standing up for the guy who bought your frame.

I just looked at the ad for the first time after reading your post.

I think it's not selling for a couple reasons. First, everyone here knows it was riddin, albeit not hard, but it was ridden. And second, bad timing with Turner's price recduction on new RFX's.

Personally, I would spend the extra couple of hundred for a brand new frame with a warranty.

Keep up the good work Fred. We like having you around.

P.S. I think you should do T-shirts too.
    Last edited by S-Works; 09-18-2006 at 06:21 AM.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    May 2006

Frame And Fork Gone Sold End Of Story.

Quote Originally Posted by S-Works
    Cool you are standing up for the guy who bought your frame.

I just looked at the ad for the first time after reading your post.

I think it's not selling for a couple reasons. First, everyone here knows it was riddin, albeit not hard, but it was ridden. And second, bad timing with Turner's price rectuction on new RFX's.

Personally, I would spend the extra couple of hundred for a brand new frame with a warranty.

Keep up the good work Fred. We like having you around.

P.S. I think you should do T-shirts too.
    THANK GOD>>>>>>

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I still can't figure out why CF is a big deal.
    Have you ever heard the phrase IF YOU HAVE TO ASK HOW MUCH,YOU CAN'T AFFORD.

Living the Dream

Awesome Clip. Carlin Dunne even.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselbikes
    Not sure if you guys on this forum have visited the dieselbikes website lately, but we have a local movie that is going to be available on Oct 9th and you can check out the video trailer at the link below.

http://www.dieselbikes.com/media/dieselfuel_trailer.htm

I didn't know Poison was from New England .
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    May 2006

Poison?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    I didn't know Poison was from New England .
    I've ridden with and have met lots of pro's over the years. Carlin Dunne was the coolest ever,hands down. VERY down to earth and had a ball riding our local trails, He pedaled and flowed on his 47 pound 9inch Kona,like it was a 27 pound trail bike. I gave him a 30 min. interview on everthing from a-z(with his permission to flim and produce on our video this year) CLASS ACT FOR SURE.......

Outcast
    " Its to bad you don't have an ounce of the class Renegade does."

Fred KNOWS. The rest of you are obviously clueless.

Members who have read this thread: 0