Colorado Trail End of Summer Epic- Mtbr.com
    Bite Me.

Colorado Trail End of Summer Epic

Thought you Homers might appreciate some photos of yesterday's ride on the Colorado Trail. This is a 23.5 mile loop starting from the back door. We lovingly call it "The Boss". You start with about 8 miles of solid up hill on jeep roads and old mining roads behind the Keystone ski area. From the top of West Ridge its 10 miles of pure downhill rolling single track through alpine meadows and stands of doghair Lodge Pole pines. Then 5 or 6 more miles of rolling single track back home. The rain has finally stopped, and the CT is in prime condition for fall riding - no dust. Only did one over the bars endo into the sage brush! Enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cutthroat; 08-29-2005 at 09:30 AM.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Beeeauuuuutiifuuuuulllll!!!!!

WOW! I've always dreamed of living in your neck of the woods (absolutely love the Breck, Frisco, Keystone area) but have never been able to swing it. Seeing pics like that doesn't help much. Guess I'll just have to keep dreamin' for now

bike weenie
    Looks familiar - I rode portions of that 2 weeks ago when I was in Breck... awesome trail. I did not particularly enjoy the climb up that ridge that has the view of Outback though.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWGreen
    I did not particularly enjoy the climb up that ridge that has the view of Outback though.
    Same spot on the trail RW. No, the first section of the ride is just an unrelenting slap in the face, but when you finally reach the top, the descent is a screamer.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Nice pics! Yesterday was the day for the CO trail, very few if any t-storms around Summit County (unlike Saturday). I rode Kenosha to Breck on the CO trail Saturday and got hammered by storms about 8 miles from hwy 9. It turned into a big mudfest but was still a ton of fun. That area has some of the best singletrack in the state.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biopace
    Nice pics! Yesterday was the day for the CO trail, very few if any t-storms around Summit County (unlike Saturday). I rode Kenosha to Breck on the CO trail Saturday and got hammered by storms about 8 miles from hwy 9. It turned into a big mudfest but was still a ton of fun. That area has some of the best singletrack in the state.
    Yesterday was it - no rain at all, and we saw one other rider in the entire 23 miles. Here's a couple more and shot of the "other" Turner jersey in action. Team ZL was our race team this year - lots of Turners.