Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Christmas wish...

Dear Gnarcore OneTwoThree,
    We know you have been a bad boy this year, smoking and drinking while riding and mocking your fellow playmates on mtbr amoungst other things too heinous to list here on this pleasant forum. But IF you were to get your Christmas wish for next year, what exactly does one as gnarcore as you want? I know, you seem to have a perfect bike already but it must not really be perfect or you would not be *****ing and screaming thru your nicotine stained keyboard. I write this request early in the day before the Pabst starts taking effect, so you can concisely explain your ultimate gnarcore bike for schralping the totally gnar and huge mountains that only you have access too in the hopes that my lesser skilled customers can benefit. Oh, pricing is not a point of discussion, we all know that you can afford it with a simple curbing of your expensive habits and I could make it affordable for you with your smokes and sixers if I made it in Taiwan. Since neither change will probably happen, lets keep it to travel, geometry, features and frame weight, you know, gnar core stuff.

Thank you from Christmas future...

DT

mtbr member
    wow...

banned
    Sep 2005

I'm not worthy..

Quote Originally Posted by turnerbikes

We know you have been a bad boy this year, smoking and drinking while riding and mocking your fellow playmates on mtbr amoungst other things too heinous to list here on this pleasant forum. But IF you were to get your Christmas wish for next year, what exactly does one as gnarcore as you want? I know, you seem to have a perfect bike already but it must not really be perfect or you would not be *****ing and screaming thru your nicotine stained keyboard. I write this request early in the day before the Pabst starts taking effect, so you can concisely explain your ultimate gnarcore bike for schralping the totally gnar and huge mountains that only you have access too in the hopes that my lesser skilled customers can benefit. Oh, pricing is not a point of discussion, we all know that you can afford it with a simple curbing of your expensive habits and I could make it affordable for you with your smokes and sixers if I made it in Taiwan. Since neither change will probably happen, lets keep it to travel, geometry, features and frame weight, you know, gnar core stuff.

DT
    I'm going to have to think about this for a bit

In the meantime, because my birthday is coming up too , I'd like to get an idea on where the new RFX is going. That way my new years resolution to quite smoking, quite drinking, and cancel my Comcast subscription is justified .

If I can't manage to stay on the wagon, I've got an xtra youngen that will prolly fetch a fair penny on the slave market. Do you think this will cover it...or, will I have to pimp notaknob,,,AGAIN

Bandolero

Katmandu

And a bit early but sort of in spirit of the season if you're nuts...
    Slow-core. -.. .-. .. -. -.- .... --- -- . -... .-. . .--

mtbr member
    123 - how much money will you save if you quit (not quite) the cigs? how much money have you spent on them in 09? after slating the DW-L how come you may be interested in a DW RFX? perhaps you can cancel your ISP and do us all a favour...

err, 27.5+
    Ha what a hoot Thanks for a laugh. But we all know the homers aren't smoking tobacco
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

banned
    Sep 2005

"pro-core" (ad)VICE

Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    123 - how much money will you save if you quit (not quite) the cigs? how much money have you spent on them in 09?
    No more than you did on "skills"...

Get some!

mtbr member

DT
    this just made my day. merry christmas dt

Amphibious Technologies
    Merry Christmas DT and Co. may you get what you wish for thus year! And may the new year bring even more prosperity to Turner bikes and all the Homers, gnarcore and procore alike!!!
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

banned
    Sep 2005
    ... quit (not quite) the cigs? .....
    It's french, like favour...

mtbr member
    nice.....

Happy holidays to DT, Greg and the rest of the crew at Turner.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Classic!

Roy
    mtbr member
    Don't quit the cancer-sticks 123; they have served Smokestackcorn well for all these decades and he's a DH champion.

trail fairy
    Merry and Safe Xmas all Turner people and MTBR family & especially the Homers and Tidy

Xmas cheer to all

And tidy
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member

You are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn. Biker123
    I'm going to have to think about this for a bit

In the meantime, because my birthday is coming up too , I'd like to get an idea on where the new RFX is going. That way my new years resolution to quite smoking, quite drinking, and cancel my Comcast subscription is justified .

If I can't manage to stay on the wagon, I've got an xtra youngen that will prolly fetch a fair penny on the slave market. Do you think this will cover it...or, will I have to pimp notaknob,,,AGAIN
    You have annoyed many poeple on this board and sure over did it but DT recognized he can not ignore you any more. It sure has to do with your riding capabilities but also with your skin thickness. Not too many could stay active on this board with the level of heat you've suffered. Now DW maybe the best sus system?, but I believe you have suggested that Turner bikes stands out for other reasons as well. BTW, your ABQ riding posts are inspiring regardless of the bikes. Keep it coming
    Last edited by GreenBonty; 12-24-2009 at 12:09 PM.

tardcore
    DT, you totally freaked 123 out. I just ran into him on a super gnar core snow ride and he was riding his AM/FR Schwinn single speed. I didn't have a camera but I think he decided to ride something other than his Turners because you smacked his nose with the newspaper.

Happy Christmas!

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pjlama
    DT, you totally freaked 123 out. I just ran into him on a super gnar core snow ride and he was riding his AM/FR Schwinn single speed. I didn't have a camera but I think he decided to ride something other than his Turners because you smacked his nose with the newspaper.

Happy Christmas!
    Thats what I get for ridin' with Tejan's.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBonty
    Now DW maybe the best sus system?, but I believe you have suggested that Turner bikes stands out for other reasons as well. BTW, your ABQ riding posts are inspiring regardless of the bikes. Keep it coming
    Turners KickAss

tardcore
    Turners KickAss
    Now how bout a little DW love?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Not 123, but here is my take on it.

There are 2 levels of procore, that could be added -

DW RFX
    tapered headtube
    6.5" of rear wheel travel
    73mm BB/142mm rear spacing
    13.9"-14.1" BB height
    66.5-67.5 degree headtube angle with 170mm fork
    Un-interupted seat tube
    cable guides for seat dropper post
    ICGS 05
    around 8-8.5lbs frame weight

super gnarcore
    1.5" headtube
    83mm BB/150mm rear end
    7.5"-8.0" of travel out of a 3-3.5" stroke shoc
    horizontal linkage driven shock
    65-66 degree headtube angle with 185-200mm fork
    ICGS 05
    un-interupted seat tube
    14.2"-14.4" BB height
    room for 2.7-2.8 tires
    10.5-11.25lbs frame
    ?internal gear box?

Ryan
    Last edited by scottryana; 12-24-2009 at 04:25 PM.

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryana
    Not 123, but here is my take on it.

There are 2 levels of procore, that could be added -

DW RFX
    tapered headtube
    13.9"-14.1" BB height
    66.5-67.5 degree headtube angle with 170mm fork
    interupted seat tube
    ICGS 05
    around 8-8.5lbs frame weight

super gnarcore
    1.5" headtube
    83mm BB/150mm rear end
    7.5"-8.0" of travel out of a 3-3.5" stroke shock
    horizontal linkage driven shock
    66 degree headtube angle with 185-200mm fork
    ICGS 05
    interupted seat tube
    14.2"-14.4" BB height
    room for 2.7-2.8 tires
    10.25-10.5lbs frame
    ?internal gear box?

Ryan

Why do you feel the need to interupt the seat tube? Personally I prefer an un-interupted ST.
    Other than that I like the latter of the 2 due to the 1.5 HT.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Timberr,

thanks for catching that typo. :-). Interupted seat tubes are not procore! HA!

Quote Originally Posted by TIMBERRR
    Why do you feel the need to interupt the seat tube? Personally I prefer an un-interupted ST.
    Other than that I like the latter of the 2 due to the 1.5 HT.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryana

DW RFX
    1.5 headtube
    13.75" BB height
    66.5-67* degree headtube angle with 170mm fork
    Un-interupted seat tube
    ICGS 05
    around 8-8.5lbs frame weight I'd shoot for 8lbs ---9.5-10lbs with coil specs.

Ryan
    Here's what I'd like to see.

*Possibly a 150 rear end. I'd consider 142 if there is a significant weight difference.

**Spec'd with a 180 fork

***HammerSchmidt compatible
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 12-24-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: too many Pabst??...but, I drink Tecate

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well, trying to weasel a free bike off Chumba didn't work so as long as gnarface doesn't show up at any gatherings, all will be well. He seems to be trying really hard to be accepted now, seemingly evidenced by a sudden (and mediocre in quality) rise in post-count in the Turner forum.

DT, this is the type of customer nobody wants....just saying....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Well, trying to weasel a free bike off Chumba didn't work so as long as gnarface doesn't show up at any gatherings, all will be well. He seems to be trying really hard to be accepted now, seemingly evidenced by a sudden (and mediocre in quality) rise in post-count in the Turner forum.

DT, this is the type of customer nobody wants....just saying....

yeah, but he's so friendly now. i almost forgot all the retarded anti dw posts he had. not really, i still think he's an attention loving retard. i still can't figure out why he's in the market for a new bike when his rfx and highline are so perfect for his gnarcore riding.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Turner VaporBikes. Riders know?

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Lower stack height on the Sultan - possibly tapered. Thanks for asking...

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    Don't quit the cancer-sticks 123; they have served Smokestackcorn well for all these decades and he's a DH champion.
    agreed...now all 123 needs to do in order to get to the next level is move to Iowa for proper training

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2c
    Lower stack height on the Sultan - possibly tapered. Thanks for asking...
    That calls for a new thread. Can you machine the headtube down? They're freekin Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    That calls for a new thread. Can you machine the headtube down? They're freekin Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!
    Huh? On average they're nearly an inch shorter than the 5 Spot HT's....

I'll place another vote for the tapered HT's!

Crazed Country Rebel
    Quote Originally Posted by jncarpenter
    Huh? On average they're nearly an inch shorter than the 5 Spot HT's....

I'll place another vote for the tapered HT's!
    which bike we talking about now? The flux's headtube is huge
    Stupid, but sometimes witty. Occasionally brilliant. Slow and fat though.

Mike Vandeman Sucks Dong

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by iheartbicycles
    which bike we talking about now? The flux's headtube is huge
    I guess I assumed we were talking Sultan since that was the frame referenced in the quote in your post. I've never looked at the flux...

banned
    Sep 2005
    So is the spot for that matter. It feels like the bars were in my chest even with a Longer stem. Great for DJ, but trail riding not so much...IMO
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 12-25-2009 at 11:24 AM. Reason: meant longer

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Merry Christmas

Hope you all got what you wanted!

DT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got my SS and a new roadie wheelset but I am still waiting on a 4" Nitrous-esqe racer 29er- carbon will be perfect for this one.

banned
    Sep 2005

Thank you Turnerbikes

DT
    I got mine early!

Now, about that birthday present.....?

mtbr member
    So is the spot for that matter. It feels like the bars were in my chest even with a shorter stem. Great for DJ, but trail riding not so much...IMO
    if you look at the Horst and TNT Spots in the set up threads lots of people were / are running over an inch of spacers. I think I used to run 20mm. I just took out another spacer on my DW Spot and now don't run any and am happy with the set up. Looks a bit cleaner too - or it will when the steerer is cut.

banned
    Sep 2005
    if you look at the Horst and TNT Spots in the set up threads lots of people were / are running over an inch of spacers. I think I used to run 20mm. I just took out another spacer on my DW Spot and now don't run any and am happy with the set up. Looks a bit cleaner too - or it will when the steerer is cut.
    I was going to take a look at PJ's again the next time i saw him. Based on how I got the HL he probably more than I would have. I keep the bare minimum and go with High/Low rise bars and short stem. That way I can get the angle and height I'm looking for. I noticed that the head tube was pretty tall as well...YOMV. Looking back, this combined with that tall fork were probably partly to blame for my suffering so much on the technical climbs However, I think it helped on the DJ's. I may look at making some changes to my SS as a dirtjumper.

mtbr member
    I was going to take a look at PJ's again the next time i saw him. Based on how I got the HL he probably more than I would have. I keep the bare minimum and go with High/Low rise bars and short stem. That way I can get the angle and height I'm looking for. I noticed that the head tube was pretty tall as well...YOMV. Looking back, this combined with that tall fork were probably partly to blame for my suffering so much on the technical climbs However, I think it helped on the DJ's. I may look at making some changes to my SS as a dirtjumper.
    And didn't you ride it with the Lyrik at 160mm? too many spacers and an a-c that is too tall would be a recipe for disaster on technical climbs on any bike. I think my DW Spot with the 36 spaced down to 150mm will out climb anything I have ridden...I bet it would be even better on the ups with a Pike at 140mm....

banned
    Sep 2005
    And didn't you ride it with the Lyrik at 160mm? too many spacers and an a-c that is too tall would be a recipe for disaster on technical climbs on any bike. I think my DW Spot with the 36 spaced down to 150mm will out climb anything I have ridden...I bet it would be even better on the ups with a Pike at 140mm....
    Well, I can accommodate a good coil fork. You can induce sag. My RFX feesl just as capable on the climbs and it's "over forked" by Homer standards.

mtbr member

Thanks DT

For building me a nice bike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mt Wilson Motoboy

Merry Christmas Dave!

"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...

Lay off the Levers

like JNC said, back to the classics...

This just in.... for xmas, DT sent 123 a prototype RFX to ride...

Complete with a set of camouflage riding clothes.

Merry Xmas to all...

... And to all a good couch!

Faster is better, even when it's not.

My cup runneth over

DT
    Everything except the large 2010 Spot I have been waiting on!!!

Shipping soon?

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_
    For building me a nice bike
    Sweet shot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Anybody want to buy my Burner before I break it down and sell it for parts?
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas. I'm sorry Dave but I'm riding a Niner. I have been bad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    Errrr,

I am not sorry Dave. My rusted Niner is sitting in my garage, and I bought 2 Turners. Merry XMAS!!

Hate Costs Money

banned
    Sep 2005

GreenBonty

Are you from New Mesico?

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    agreed...now all 123 needs to do in order to get to the next level is move to Iowa for proper training
    You are even more stoopid than you look. Exactly how does Iowa compare to NM for training ?

Why do you think he quit smoking? He's got to train twice as hard!

OTOH...smoking stogies at altitude is actually good for ya'!
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 12-27-2009 at 11:22 AM.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    shame, shame...you no longer put the "Jaybo" in Jaybo123

mtbr member
    Are you from New Mesico?
    I'm from Israel, but I lived in ABQ back in 96. This is where I was introduced to MTB/started riding, but I rode mostly single tracks back than at the Sandia foothill trail.
    I love the area and miss the outdoor in NM and the whole midwest. MTB is not so bad in Israel as well but the landscape in ABQ is very unique.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I'm from Israel, but I lived in ABQ back in 96. This is where I was introduced to MTB/started riding, but I rode mostly single tracks back than at the Sandia foothill trail.
    I love the area and miss the outdoor in NM and the whole midwest. MTB is not so bad in Israel as well but the landscape in ABQ is very unique.
    It hasn't changed too much. Still the same ole' backwater

mtbr member
    It hasn't changed too much. Still the same ole' backwater
    I have visited last year and took a drive at the foothill area and found some "new" outstanding houses there. It use to be very nice but it's even nicer now.
    Sure the outdoor has'nt changed much, but you guys did find some new lines.

banned
    Sep 2005
    but you guys did find some new lines.
    A couple

I suppose the encroachment of all the housing is a bad thing There are a lot more eyes and ears on the trails these days. It's a double edged sword I suppose.

mtbr member

I suppose the encroachment of all the housing is a bad thing There are a lot more eyes and ears on the trails these days. It's a double edged sword I suppose.
    Fully agree!. Some houses already situated in great natural points bordering the trail I used to ride.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Fully agree!. Some houses already situated in great natural points bordering the trail I used to ride.
    Be sure to hit us up on the local board next time your in town. I've got an xtra set of wheels this year

Thanks again DT!

mtbr member
    Be sure to hit us up on the local board next time your in town. I've got an xtra set of wheels this year

Thanks again DT!
    Thanks, that's very kind!.
    I may be able to hike some of the rocks you guys ride

Team Blindspot
    [QUOTE=Bikezilla]This just in.... for xmas, DT sent 123 a prototype RFX to ride...

Complete with a set of camouflage riding clothes.

Hey BZ, 123 only rides that in the Fall, right?
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    May 2006
    That was awesome!!!! Are Gnarface123 and Jaybo the same person?

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mudlover71
    That was awesome!!!! Are Gnarface123 and Jaybo the same person?
    I know for a fact that 123 doesn't ride a Niner

Large member
    Quote Originally Posted by trailadvent
    Merry and Safe Xmas all Turner people and MTBR family & especially the Homers and Tidy

Xmas cheer to all

And tidy
    Sorry chap, missed this - has my homer membership expired then? Who do I need to sleep with to get it back?

Hope you and Maxxis had a good one, and a great new year

banned
    Sep 2005

Since you asked..I almost forgot.

DT

How about going back to the TNT ?
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 12-28-2009 at 04:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Uulike most forum aholes, we have some real-life aholes here. Too bad Turner Bikes cannot possibly be more selective about its customers.

banned
    Sep 2005

Jou Too?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain
    Uulike most forum aholes, we have some real-life aholes here. Too bad Turner Bikes cannot possibly be more selective about its customers.
    You sound like a Nazzi.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

What up?

You have failed to step up and 'spec' a complete gnar core bike as you see it, I am not sure if you are not willing to put your thoughts on the table for others to poke at and make you defend your choices, welcome to my world, or, you are not able to put in words and #s that what you think is the ultimate in gnarcore super trail bike. Not a 5 Spot as that is 'just' a trail bike for others less gnar than you, and not a Highline, as that is such a beast that only a small # of riders in the world will buy such a thing, choosing either a real DH bike for huge speed and carving ability or a super gnarcore super trail bike that will work in most riders back yards, like YOURS! So, what are you 'building'?

DT

Outcast
    Oh..one more thing.

How about going back to the TNT ?
    Bryan, maybe you should look into buying a kona. "Similar" suspension system, lots of frame choices, and a whole new population of peeps to enjoy your posts. Please look into it; think about it. If you keep switching brands, every year, in a different forum, you can win the Douche-bag of the year award. What an honor!

Outcast
    You sound like a Nazzi.
    Nazi is spelled with one z.
    From the grammar nazi.

banned
    Sep 2005
    You have failed to step up and 'spec' a complete gnar core bike as you see it, I am not sure if you are not willing to put your thoughts on the table for others to poke at and make you defend your choices, welcome to my world, or, you are not able to put in words and #s that what you think is the ultimate in gnarcore super trail bike. Not a 5 Spot as that is 'just' a trail bike for others less gnar than you, and not a Highline, as that is such a beast that only a small # of riders in the world will buy such a thing, choosing either a real DH bike for huge speed and carving ability or a super gnarcore super trail bike that will work in most riders back yards, like YOURS! So, what are you 'building'?

DT
    Dave, May I call you Dave?, please feel free to sift through the crap above. I'm not an engineer just a fella who was the last to set sail on the suspension flagship. It took me a long time to get the bike where I wanted it and then the HL stepped in and blew me away

That said I based my build on many of the hardcore Turner owners...CC, TA, etc.recommendations. I suggest if your interested in finding out how to build a superior bike you ask those guys ( if you can still find them) You know, your real fans? These guys know a lot more about the #'s than I do. I just know what feels good.

I posted a few hints as to what I would like to see above.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Bryan, maybe you should look into buying a kona. "Similar" suspension system, lots of frame choices, and a whole new population of peeps to enjoy your posts. Please look into it; think about it. If you keep switching brands, every year, in a different forum, you can win the Douche-bag of the year award. What an honor!

i had that thought as well. kona keeps him faux bar and old school at the same time.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    He's got my vote.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    i had that thought as well. kona keeps him faux bar and old school at the same time.
    Where is the American Made sticker though. That fine craftmanship...Journal bearings. It ain't that easy Qube

Outcast
    Dave, May I call you Dave?

That said I based my build on many of the hardcore Turner owners...CC, TA, etc.recommendations. I suggest if your interested in finding out how to build a superior bike you ask those guys ( if you can still find them) You know, your real fans? These guys know a lot more about the #'s than I do. I just know what feels good.
    The build only tweaks what is already ther.e Bryan, you have tweaked your frame [rfx] enough to know you can only change the bike so much. DT knows how to build a bike. Question remains: what does knarcoretothemaxmtbdouchbag123 need in a frame?
    Since you're already set for a while with the rfx and highline. WHY are you wasting so much of yours, and everyone else's emotional energy in your quest? DUDE! What is driving you? It's not what you are saying it is.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    DUDE! What is driving you? It's not what you are saying it is.
    Isn't it pretty obvious? He's finally able whore out the attention his family & "friends" clearly cannot give him.

Classic "look-at-me" syndrome.

banned
    Sep 2005
    The build only tweaks what is already ther.e Bryan, you have tweaked your frame [rfx] enough to know you can only change the bike so much. DT knows how to build a bike.
    Not true or there would be a lot of bankrupt manufacturers. Take a chance and put something on the market that no one expects...with a time tested platform. Still plenty of room to play with...IMO. Build a hardcore AM hardtail and let guys evolve into suspension like we did. No need to throw a newb on a 6" trail bike before his time. Build those bikes to spec what the "RIDERS" want...again TA, CC could provide you with plenty of options.

mtbr member
    Dave, May I call you Dave?, please feel free to sift through the crap above. I'm not an engineer just a fella who was the last to set sail on the suspension flagship. It took me a long time to get the bike where I wanted it and then the HL stepped in and blew me away

I posted a few hints as to what I would like to see above.

don't be a chicken$hit. after all your pontificating about dw vs. tnt, 6" travel for guys that don't need it etc. why are you running scared now? you've dominated the turner forum with your constant gnar bs while calling out other riders that they aren't hard core enough or shouldn't ride an rfx. (according to you) why tuck your tail now? you're in the spotlight just like you so obviously want to be. don't defer to other forum members now. man up. don't be a pu$$y. take some of your e testosterone and general gnar badassness and say what you are after. you've een all over the place. trying to get a chumba dw. to slagging dw. to calling tnt the best. to saying you can't wait for the new rfx. make up your frigging mind. say what yopu want douche. stop wasting everyones time. i really can't recall a more universally despised member than you.

the way you called out your canfield buddy and said his life plan sucks. coming from a convicted felon, that's pretty rich. grow some balls. stop copping out and answer dt or go away.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    ...answer dt or go away.
    Hmmmm, sounds like a great topic for a poll. I sure know which way my vote is swaying

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    This thread makes me not want to buy a Turner. As somebody who held Turner bikes in the highest regard, the general holy grail of bikes (especially with the addition of the dw link...quality, dw link, made in the USA...) its pretty disappointing to see lame ass crap like this.

As somebody who has owned brand new (read, not second hand = making the manufacturers money directly) bikes from 5 different manufacturers, and who was inevitably going to buy a Turner at some point, this thread and the Turner forum in general have really turned me off. And I know several other people that are in the same boat.

Dick owners plus a manufacturer calling out customers (who absolutely love their bike, but are critiquing aspects of the newer stuff and rightly so, it is a trail bike, not a big bike after all) and generally being an ass is a pretty big turnoff. The fact that D.T. remained aloof for the pettyness was always pretty cool, but I guess I'm over it now.

Wah wah wah ***** ***** moan, but the end result is gonna be less money in D.T's pocket.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by William42
    This thread makes me not want to buy a Turner. As somebody who held Turner bikes in the highest regard, the general holy grail of bikes (especially with the addition of the dw link...quality, dw link, made in the USA...) its pretty disappointing to see lame ass crap like this.

As somebody who has owned brand new (read, not second hand = making the manufacturers money directly) bikes from 5 different manufacturers, and who was inevitably going to buy a Turner at some point, this thread and the Turner forum in general have really turned me off. And I know several other people that are in the same boat.

Dick owners plus a manufacturer calling out customers (who absolutely love their bike, but are critiquing aspects of the newer stuff and rightly so, it is a trail bike, not a big bike after all) and generally being an ass is a pretty big turnoff. The fact that D.T. remained aloof for the pettyness was always pretty cool, but I guess I'm over it now.

Wah wah wah ***** ***** moan, but the end result is gonna be less money in D.T's pocket.
    That is the dumbest thing I have read on MTBR in a long time! Don't let the door hit ya....

Bodhisattva
    You sound like a Nazzi.
    Goodwin's Law is proven once again

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squeaky Wheel
    IMPOSSIBLE....without the interwebz

mtbr member
    I argue with my wife for days but I never bring up Nazis or Hitler however long it goes on!

mtbr member

So, please tell us the 5 brands you have owned new - I would like to check out their forums because it seems everyone will be playing nicely and their will be no dicks anywhere to be found...William you are a muppet - why would you let this forum dictate if you buy a Turner or not? I am not buying a new Porsche 911 tomorrow because I was on the Porsche forums and this guy made me cry cos he said my 924 was a VW/Audi.

banned
    Sep 2005
    I argue with my wife for days but I never bring up Nazis or Hitler however long it goes on!
    That's funny. You guys just think that I just like to argue. I rarely argue with my life partner for more than a few hours at a time. I usually figure out pretty quickly that she's right about everything. Maybe if you guys were a bunch of hot chics, I'd be more inclined to concede.

Actually, you guys are a bunch of (unts but I've seen the pics and you're far from hot
    Last edited by Mtn. Biker123; 12-28-2009 at 08:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    So, please tell us the 5 brands you have owned new - I would like to check out their forums because it seems everyone will be playing nicely and their will be no dicks anywhere to be found...William you are a muppet - why would you let this forum dictate if you buy a Turner or not? I am not buying a new Porsche 911 tomorrow because I was on the Porsche forums and this guy made me cry cos he said my 924 was a VW/Audi.
    Specialized
    Trek
    Giant
    Gary Fisher
    Canfield.

Currently own a specialized p3, a Fisher road bike, and a Canfield Lucky. My "next bike" list included a DHR, 951, 303r, jedi, and revolt. Its down to the 4 now.

You're getting me wrong. I know plenty of turner owners who are pretty cool guys, and the bikes are pretty sweet. In fact, most of the guys on this forum are pretty cool. There are some idiots, to be sure, but the real big turnoff was Mr. Turner himself making a "christmas wish" thread being an ass to one of his customers right before christmas in 'celebration' of the holiday. Pretty much entirely unacceptable from any manufacturer or company owner in my book. I couldn't care less what most of you goobers think, although there are a couple of you that actually ride and give pretty good feedback like 1soulrider, zilla, and a few others that I actually care to hear input from. And I'm sure most of you guys are fairly good guys if I were to meet you on the trail, but I'm incredibly turned off by Turners attitude towards customers that complain that his trail bike can't be made into a big bike, and he hasn't made a big bike.

Anyway, I'm going to take some earlier advice and not let the door hit me on the way out. Everybody is human and makes mistakes, maybe turner will change his tune here and I'll get over it eventually, but when there are plenty of other great bikes with great CS and owners on the market, I'll be looking to them for now.

banned
    Sep 2005
    don't be a chicken$hit. after all your pontificating about dw vs. tnt, 6" travel for guys that don't need it etc. why are you running scared now? you've dominated the turner forum with your constant gnar bs while calling out other riders that they aren't hard core enough or shouldn't ride an rfx. (according to you) why tuck your tail now? you're in the spotlight just like you so obviously want to be. don't defer to other forum members now. man up. don't be a pu$$y. take some of your e testosterone and general gnar badassness and say what you are after. you've een all over the place. trying to get a chumba dw. to slagging dw. to calling tnt the best. to saying you can't wait for the new rfx. make up your frigging mind. say what yopu want douche. stop wasting everyones time. i really can't recall a more universally despised member than you.

the way you called out your canfield buddy and said his life plan sucks. coming from a convicted felon, that's pretty rich. grow some balls. stop copping out and answer dt or go away.
    I answered DT...just not here.

I did not say that supra's life plan sucked. If anything I support what he is doing as long as he is happy. He's got a good face for the sport and pretty down-to-earth personality. However, he has been pushing my buttons and calling me out for weeks and he can't back up any of his garbage. You would have to know the history, but he brought it on himself. The net is no place to hang dirty laundry and that's why there were no details. He's the one that brought up "life plan". I only pointed out that it's pretty late in life to try to succeed as a pro and one should consider what that kind of commitment can do to family life. I have no doubt that Ricky will succeed. He's got some "fire" in him thats for sure. I''m not sure that the catalyst is challenging me or himself .If it is the former it's meaningless. He has the potential to offer a lot more.

banned
    Sep 2005
    That is the dumbest thing I have read on MTBR in a long time! Don't let the door hit ya....
    As much as DT/DW are defending the DW link, I would think they were more hard up for cash than to turn away someone with an opinion. For someone with such strong emotions for the success of the brand, you and DT are sure doing a number on future customers.

I'm going to make a prediction that something/someone is going to flame a few hot coals in this thread and it will be deleted.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    As much as DT/DW are defending the DW link, I would think they were more hard up for cash than to turn away someone with an opinion. For someone with such strong emotions for the success of the brand, you and DT are sure doing a number on future customers.

I'm going to make a prediction that something/someone is going to flame a few hot coals in this thread and it will be deleted.
    I've been in business a LONG time, managing multi-millions of dollars in annual sales...and I can tell you, there are some customers you do NOT want. You, for certain, are one.

IMHO, you have done far more damage to any potential sales (if indeed MTBR is a viable marketing tool) than anyone EVER before you. Whether or not I agree with DT's contribution to this thread (from his business vantage point), I applaud him for "keeping it real".

banned
    Sep 2005
    I've been in business a LONG time, managing multi-millions of dollars in annual sales...and I can tell you, there are some customers you do NOT want. You, for certain, are one.

IMHO, you have done far more damage to any potential sales (if indeed MTBR is a viable marketing tool) than anyone EVER before you. Whether or not I agree with DT's contribution to this thread (from his business vantage point), I applaud him for "keeping it real".
    So, in your vast experience does business exist to satisfy the customer or does it exist to satisfy the pockets of it's shareholders. DT started this thing with a business model in mind. IMO he has strayed. It's no longer a grass roots atmosphere in here and the products are questionable all the while customers are paying 25% more. The QC has gone downhill too. DT steps in now and again to "play good guy" or to sick the dogs. I don't know if the industry has calloused him, but his demeanor has changed. Something is askew.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    So, in your vast experience does business exist to satisfy the customer or does it exist to satisfy the pockets of it's shareholders. DT started this thing with a business model in mind. IMO he has strayed. It's no longer a grass roots atmosphere in here and the products are questionable all the while customers are paying 25% more. The QC has gone downhill too. DT steps in now and again to "play good guy" or to sick the dogs. I don't know if the industry has calloused him, but his demeanor has changed. Something is askew.
    WTF? You really need to take a step back & read some of the posts you "contribute" with here. Shareholders? LOL...and who would these shareholders be? Have you perhaps observed the current American business model in the global economy? We'll be paying alot more than 25% before all is said & done.

Once again, you come charging in with your own set of emotional opinions...demanding the right to vocalize them on a public consumer board...all the while acting as if you are indeed the standard of truth in every position you stake. You attack the erudition of any who would debate you (including the very designers/engineers of the brand) as a red herring to cover your own impotence. Have you not noticed there isn't much agreement with your opinions? You've stated your opinions...move on. Why do you feel the need to wage your own personal crusade against the popular consensus? A consensus reached by virtue of a quorum of happy Turner owners...dw or otherwise. You're like a little child who continues to annoy all in the room, despite their obvious objection...simply for the attention you're getting.

Honestly, you've done little more than completely undermine your own credibility with your inane/ incessant drivel.

banned
    Sep 2005
    WTF? You really need to take a step back & read some of the posts you "contribute" with here. Shareholders? LOL...and who would these shareholders be? Have you perhaps observed the current American business model in the global economy? We'll be paying alot more than 25% before all is said & done.

Once again, you come charging in with your own set of emotional opinions...demanding the right to vocalize them on a public consumer board...all the while acting as if you are indeed the standard of truth in every position you stake. You attack the erudition of any who would debate you (including the very designers/engineers of the brand) as a red herring to cover your own impotence. Have you not noticed there isn't much agreement with your opinions? You've stated your opinions...move on. Why do you feel the need to wage your own personal crusade against the popular consensus? A consensus reached by virtue of a quorum of happy Turner owners...dw or otherwise. You're like a little child who continues to annoy all in the room, despite their obvious objection...simply for the attention you're getting.

Honestly, you've done little more than completely undermine your own credibility with your inane/ incessant drivel.
    Ah... the best way to start a fire is to "flame" the embers.

Your right my use of the word "shareholder" as definined by Wiki would be incorrect. Would you agree that more that one person benefits finacially from the success of Turnerbikes? I think the answer is yes. My personal take on shareholders/stakeholders are those that share the "wealth" of a company or business. It's a bit unorthodox to you, but a perfectly logical definition for me.

Back to my question. Should business exist, first, for the consumer or it's owners/shareholders profits? You can't have one without the other. So it has to be one or the other, right. A lot of small business, not corporations, die from attempts to emulate the corporate business model. Which, ironically, puts more stake in it's shareholders. You can only survive in this way by stockpiling money and staging "takeovers"...basically eating up the competition and forcing consumers to buy your products. I get a feeling like DW is more of a "corporate" guy in sheeps clothing. Whereas DT finds value mostly in the consumer. Specialized is a good example of the corporate model. Now, based on this assesment, which I got from the people on this board, I have been a proud Turner owner. There are benefits to both and as a consumer I chose to spend the least amount of my money with corporations...meaning I hold them to much higher standards when it comes to warranties/craftmasnship, etc... I expect to be pampered when I spend my $$$ with them. After all, an unhappy consumer in this day and age is a thorn in the side and face it, they can afford it and they deserve it. However, I see the small busines owner as a necessary balance to keep these guys in check. You know the mom and pop grocery store down the street where the coffee is fresh and the donuts warm and free When I spend my money with these guys I do expect quality, but I expect to pay a little more because I feel like a shareholder. It's my investment and the coffee and donuts are always free if I "need" them. That's called loyalty. Does DT want to sustain a business where the coffee and donuts are free, or, does he want the customers who don't feel like stakeholders and would just as soon take them for everything they can squeeze out of them? DW has staged a corporate take over with this patent...IMO Rest assured, there are people working hard to prove that.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    My take on this thread was that DT was tired of having a "loyal" Turner Bike owner post constantly, and I mean constantly, telling everyone how much he was displeased with the DW change.
    It did not matter what the original thread topic was it always came around to the TNT / DW change.
    This really seems like personal vendetta against a brand or man. If not, why wouldn't one just find another brand that fit your preferences.
    From DT perspective, how can you give your customer what they want if they don't know themselves. How do you satisfy a customer that whole existence revolves around being dissatisfied.
    Perhaps DT should consider producing a 2010 Limited Edition MT123 with the exact spec. 123 wants. Let see how fast they fly off the shelves.......
    That way 123 has his perfect bike, the rest of us can read positive posts again on the Turner forum that doesn't turn into a dw debate.
    Kona bikes look really nice....
    Last edited by sideup; 12-29-2009 at 08:05 AM.

Large member
    Goodwin's Law? GOODWIN'S LAW?.

I believe you meant Godwin's Law? I love correcting people from a long distance. It makes me more attractive to women than Sex Panther.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

I thought you were an edumacated man, Doctor - clearly you have been hanging out with the fivehead too long. I suggest that you, sir, are a Nazi and a Communist, probably a Fascist and almost certainly a Campanologist.

.........unless you cunningly added the extra "o" to empathise with the original "Nazzi" allegation, in which case, kindly disregard all of the above and go back to cruising.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruising_(film)

Yes, I have been drinking.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Yo Mtn. Biker123

Just STFU already. S T F U.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcguy
    Just STFU already. S T F U.
    Quoted for truth. 123, you need to re-read JNC's response and your quickly followed regurgitated s1ht below it; you're not saying anything new, you're not presenting any additional support for your opinions yet being blinded by your own self righteous opinion of the view point(s) you've posted on this board. You've voiced them at length dozens upon dozens of times. Many disagree with them, it should be obvious at this point to anyone with half a brain that you're not going to change anyone's mind who doesn't agree with you already. Do you have half a brain? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do despite your best efforts to convince the Homer populace otherwise so this should be more than obvious to you. Move on and quit phocking up this place more than you already have, you sound like a whining attention starved preteen.
    in fact for trail type bikes I am tired of QR roady shite in general. Lets move on.

banned
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkty14
    Quoted for truth. 123, you need to re-read JNC's response and your quickly followed regurgitated s1ht below it; you're not saying anything new, you're not presenting any additional support for your opinions yet being blinded by your own self righteous opinion of the view point(s) you've posted on this board. You've voiced them at length dozens upon dozens of times. Many disagree with them, it should be obvious at this point to anyone with half a brain that you're not going to change anyone's mind who doesn't agree with you already. Do you have half a brain? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you do despite your best efforts to convince the Homer populace otherwise so this should be more than obvious to you. Move on and quit phocking up this place more than you already have, you sound like a whining attention starved preteen.
    Please reread the opening sentence

mtbr member
    123 should be ignored. His best posts barely achieve mediocrity and all he does is derail threads. The DWL was an incredibly smart and well-timed move by DT. DT should not lower himself by directly addressing guys like 123, who don't really matter here or anywhere. Good God, even DC makes 123 sound boring and negative.

mtbr member

Kona!

Quote Originally Posted by sideup
    My take on this thread was that DT was tired of having a "loyal" Turner Bike owner post constantly, and I mean constantly, telling everyone how much he was displeased with the DW change.
    It did not matter what the original thread topic was it always came around to the TNT / DW change.
    This really seems like personal vendetta against a brand or man. If not, why wouldn't one just find another brand that fit your preferences.
    From DT perspective, how can you give your customer what they want if they don't know themselves. How do you satisfy a customer that whole existence revolves around being dissatisfied.
    Perhaps DT should consider producing a 2010 Limited Edition MT123 with the exact spec. 123 wants. Let see how fast they fly off the shelves.......
    That way 123 has his perfect bike, the rest of us can read positive posts again on the Turner forum that doesn't turn into a dw debate.
    Kona bikes look really nice....
    Great idea! Biker123 can get some Turner stickers an put it on a Kona frame!

Brilliant! Problem solved.

Recently I was checking out an Audio / Video Consumer Review site and saw a thread stared by a user Audio123.

He wants Sony to bring back 8track tapes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

It's too bad you feel that way. On some of the other boards the manufacturer took action to get people banned. DT just wrote a tongue in cheek (IMO) rant which seemed to be more humorous rather than malicious.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeZee
    Great idea! Biker123 can get some Turner stickers an put it on a Kona frame!
    Or put some Huffy stickers on a Turner, only a moron would do that so it should work for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0