deez nuts

CCDB as option on 07 RFX?

Has anyone heard if the CCDB will be an option on the 07 RFX? I think I remember DT saying something about how impressed he was with that shock.

Elitest thrill junkie
    It would probably jack up the price a few hundred dollars.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

aka...appBLING72
    It should be. It makes the bike feel amazing!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Wouldn't count on it.

I guess the guys at Turner tried to get a couple for some bikes around there and they were to expensive even for them.

No, that's not phonetic
    I think they are missing a good marketing opportunity there. The Homers are unabashed slaves to upgrading, and we are vocal about it too. Half of mtbr comes by to see what we bolted on yesterday. Gravity Dropper did themselves a real favor by putting the first posts on the Turner interbike demo rigs two years ago. If CC wanted to expand market share it would make sense for them to discount a few shocks for Turner.

If you want the word to get out, hand the swag to a Homer.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    I think they are missing a good marketing opportunity there. The Homers are unabashed slaves to upgrading, and we are vocal about it too. Half of mtbr comes by to see what we bolted on yesterday. Gravity Dropper did themselves a real favor by putting the first posts on the Turner interbike demo rigs two years ago. If CC wanted to expand market share it would make sense for them to discount a few shocks for Turner.

If you want the word to get out, hand the swag to a Homer.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

sad but true
    Nothing to see here.

Am not, had mine removed.
    I think the problem is that the CCDB is closer to the "custom" side of production, as in Avy, than mass production of say Fox. I guess they could do it, but it would take them a big run to get up to steam.
    Last edited by markz06; 08-25-2006 at 01:18 PM.
    You want to ride behind someone who does something that?

770-271-9506

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aappling72
    It should be. It makes the bike feel amazing!!
    And compared to the 6.6 with CCDB?

locked - time out
    What the Hell is a CCDB???

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Other than the fun of jawboning......

Why even ask this on a forum? Just call Turner Monday morning.

I bought my 06 RFX with CCDB as an upgrade through Turner by asking nicely, waiting patiently, and not arguing about the upgrade cost. I'm sure I got a reasonable deal, and DT may have made a few bucks also, but I KNOW I spent a couple hundred bucks less than if I'd just bought the RFX w/o shock, and purchased the CCDB directly from CC for retail price.

Interestingly, though the shock was sold to Turner for a bike, Malcolm at CC was more than glad to discuss shock setup, etc. directly with me.

I love the thing, and it is absolute cake to readjust it for use on the 5-Spot. Dunno if it is THAT much better than the DHX-C, but it was to me (I was able to ride both, back to back, a couple of times).
    Whining is not a strategy.

RaD
    Trampelpfadbenutzer
    Quote Originally Posted by moment
    What the Hell is a CCDB???
    Cane Creek Double Barrel

Later
    RaD

locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by RaD
    Cane Creek Double Barrel

Later
    RaD
    THANKS

mtbr member
    May 2006

Jacked Up A Few Hundred?

Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    It would probably jack up the price a few hundred dollars.
    This shock retails for 650.00 850.00 with a ti spring,that's HUGE cash I know I have one on my 6-pack.I would think that theres no way this could happen.Not for only a few more hundred anyway. But than again what the FU@K do I know. >>>>>>>Other than it is the sickest shock I've EVER ridden.

No, that's not phonetic
    Well, the assumption is that they would subtract the price of the DHX coil and then add the price of the CCDB. The diff is probably around $300 (retail).

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Well, the assumption is that they would subtract the price of the DHX coil and then add the price of the CCDB. The diff is probably around $300 (retail).
    And I can hear that,but that's based on Turner's deal with fox,I don't see Turner and Fox's deal(dhx coil or air) being anything close to what Turner can do with Cane Creek. Am I making any sense? I'd think before you say yes. I'm not to famous around here for making sense. HaHa.

No, that's not phonetic
    Fred, I have to commend you on your perspicuity. I had actually not really considered the volume discount angle.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Initialy, I was skeptical of how good this could be. Now I understand though I have not ridden one. CC formed a "technology partnership" with Ohlins. Well, no wonder the shock is amazing. Nobody does shocks/forks like Ohlins. They are totally dominant in the motorcycle world and their shocks and forks are the most sought after upgrade. Progressive competes very well but Ohlins is the simply the best.

I can hardly wait for them to start making more inroads into the mountain bike industry. Look out RS and Fox- and everyone else.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Why even ask this on a forum? Just call Turner Monday morning.

I bought my 06 RFX with CCDB as an upgrade through Turner by asking nicely, waiting patiently, and not arguing about the upgrade cost. I'm sure I got a reasonable deal, and DT may have made a few bucks also, but I KNOW I spent a couple hundred bucks less than if I'd just bought the RFX w/o shock, and purchased the CCDB directly from CC for retail price.

Interestingly, though the shock was sold to Turner for a bike, Malcolm at CC was more than glad to discuss shock setup, etc. directly with me.

I love the thing, and it is absolute cake to readjust it for use on the 5-Spot. Dunno if it is THAT much better than the DHX-C, but it was to me (I was able to ride both, back to back, a couple of times).
    DOH!!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    [QUOTE=FlyerNobody does shocks/forks like Ohlins. They are totally dominant in the motorcycle world and their shocks and forks are the most sought after upgrade. Progressive competes very well but Ohlins is the simply the best. [/QUOTE]

Bing.

Go!

Airshock for the Spot, anybody (I believe they have one in the works)?

Whining is not a strategy.

Members who have read this thread: 0