Thread: CCDB help

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

CCDB help

I have a 08 rfx planning to buy a ccdb. what spring rate should i get? im 180lbs.

"I'm just a patsy"
    I have an 08 RFX w/ a CCDB, weigh about 180 in gear with a hyrdo pack on and I'm running a 500# spring. The bike feels great to me but I'm thinking of trying out a 450# spring just to see the difference as 450# is the size that I got from an online spring rate calculator for my weight and the travel of the RFX. Calculator is here: http://www.tftunedshox.com/info/spring_calculator.aspx, but I'm sure others on here with more experience will have recommendations for you as well. While how you tune your shock and what type of terrain you ride will certainly affect your choice, I'd be interested to see what works best for you.

Elitest thrill junkie
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I have a 450lb spring and love it. I started with a 500lb it was very noticably stiffer. The 450lb would be my advice. It's super plush. Best $ I've spent on any part yet!

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by .Shawn.
    I have a 450lb spring and love it. I started with a 500lb it was very noticably stiffer. The 450lb would be my advice. It's super plush. Best $ I've spent on any part yet!
    what's your weight?

mtbr member
    Dec 2008

What shock unit? your weight and frame?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I'm about 175lbs with gear on a 08 RFX w/CCDB with almost no preload on the spring

banned
    Sep 2005
    I'm about 175lbs with gear on a 08 RFX w/CCDB with almost no preload on the spring
    This guy weighs 180 without gear. I just tipped the scale at 164lbs today which puts me the same as you. I only recently dropped from the 500# spring because I was closer to his weight.

BTW...don't run a GD without the boot .

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Haha, you saw that huh! I won't run the GD without a boot but it won't be the stock boot that's for sure! I must have missed the 180lb without gear. Well, I guess he has hi answer then

Members who have read this thread: 0