mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Burner - how much is it worth these days?

Unfortunately, I need to get rid of my Burner, but I have no idea how much it's worth. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I plan to list it on eBay and the local DORBA site here in Dallas once I have an idea how much I can get for it.

19" Frame
    King Headset
    Manitou Minute 2:00 fork
    Manitou Swinger on the back
    Full XTR - levers and shifters and rear derailleur are from 2001 or so. front derailleur is from 2005.
    FSA crankset
    Disc-O-Tek wheels w/ Kenda tires
    Avid mechanical disc brakes
    Thomson Masterpice seatpost
    Selle Italia SLR saddle

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    about $13.77
    whatever...

how heavy are you ??
    List it on MTBR classifieds!
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like, A BIT*H?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'll definitely list it here as well, I just don't know what to ask for price.

Official Member
    I've seen some pretty nice Burners go for about $1000. Having parts from 2001 (although nice) might hurt your cause a little.

Have you tried a Fox RP3 or RP23 shock on that thing? I could never get the Swinger dialed in, while the RP3 was perfect from the start.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll start it around $750 and see if I get any movement on eBay and go from there.

I didn't try anything other than the Swinger, unfortunately. It's sad to say, but I never really got the chance to ride it that often. It's, maybe, seen good trail time a handful of times since I built it.

mtbr member
    I have just my Burner frame for sale with little or no interest. I think they are a tough sell right now. I cannot let it go for less than $500US as that is what I will get for it on trade in, but no one seems to even nibble at anywhere close to that number...

Buzz

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I'm wondering if it's just a bad time of year to try and sell it since it's about to start getting cold. I'll post it, I guess, and see if anything happens. If not, maybe I'll try again in the early spring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    I have just my Burner frame for sale with little or no interest. I think they are a tough sell right now. I cannot let it go for less than $500US as that is what I will get for it on trade in, but no one seems to even nibble at anywhere close to that number...

Buzz
    While they are great frames being 5 years old, shorter in travel and a lot being relatively cheap to begin with in 2004 they don't sell for that much now.

If you aren't happy with what you can get for it, then maybe hold on to it until you need a trade, or build it up as a winter bike with lesser bits etc.

Personally I like the winter option as thats what I'd like to do if I could find a large 04 Burner in good condition...
    More bikes than you can point a broken spoke at...

mtbr member
    I agree with everything you say. I am happy to hold on to it for trade in for the $500, but would also like to see it go to someone who would actually ride it since it is still in fantastic shape! I just disassembled it to try and thin the herd, so I dont want to build it back up again as a winter 'beater'. I guess we will see...

Cheers

Buzz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz
    I just disassembled it to try and thin the herd, so I dont want to build it back up again as a winter 'beater'. I guess we will see...
    Well stripped down at least they don't take up much room.

After going through a really wet winter here and having enough lesser components to build up a winter bike I'm warming to the concept (mainly to save the more expensive components than anything else). Turner frames of any type are just a little thin on the grond in this part of the world though .
    More bikes than you can point a broken spoke at...

Members who have read this thread: 0