Burner is a great 24 hr bike!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Burner is a great 24 hr bike!

I just finished my first 24 hour solo race on my Burner and must say it performed beautifully! The race was in Wilkesboro, NC and it was all climbing and descending, no flat sections. No mechanical issues (I didn't even take out one tool)...just lubed the chain once in awhile and I was good to go. My back and neck (normally my problem areas for these races) caused no issues for the first time in awhile (my last bike was a SC Superlight). If it weren't for food poisoning starting in the first 2 hours of the race I would have done better than my 15th out of 31 placing. Next race is in 3 weeks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Waiting to exhale.

whoa

dude,
    how much do you think your bike weighs? mines about 30lbs...i have been debating racing my 24lb hardtail and just making it on the DH or take my spot and suffer a little on the ups. how did you feel with the weight of the bike? thanks dude
    Quite possibly the slowest single speeder on earth.
    Now skating 'cause its cheaper.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Bike weighs about 25 lbs

I've built the bike up fairly light...to about 25lbs or so. FSA Carbon Cranks, FSA Carbon Bar, FSA Stem, King/317 disc wheels etc.....basically a true cross county set up. I need to worry more about my body weight!!...not the bikes.

Trail rider and racer
    Nice effort despite feeling ill or whatever. I bet the burner is quite a good bike for the longer races for sure...

FWIW, I think it takes longer than 2hrs for food poisoning to take effect.
    Trev!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Food Poisoning

The food poisoning wasn't from food intake during the race....I am pretty sure it was the Burger King breakfast I had that morning!!! I know, I know, I shouldn't be eating that before a race but unfortunately I forgot to pack a bunch of my food and was in a bit of a bind for breakfast food. Oh well!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by sperky
    The food poisoning wasn't from food intake during the race....I am pretty sure it was the Burger King breakfast I had that morning!!! I know, I know, I shouldn't be eating that before a race but unfortunately I forgot to pack a bunch of my food and was in a bit of a bind for breakfast food. Oh well!!
    Probably wasn't food poisoning but a simple response by your body to the grease!!!! Really, even when I ate like crap all the time (pizza, burgers, hot dogs, etc., three meals a day), a breakfast at BK made me feel nausious (not to mention what it would do to the other end). Real food poisoning hits about 4-6 hours after you eat and involves spending a lot of time on a toilet with a trash can in front of you.