Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

on the bike digi case

ive been lookin for a suitable case for my cannon sd400 over the pasr few years and nuthin quite did what i wanted. some came close but in the end they either were too hard to get to quickly, got in the way of my arm movement or fell off so i got to work down in my newly referbished man cave the other night.

this is a old gu bucket that fits in a h2o bottle cage. i modded up a dense foam insert from a old eggbeater sl box and cut off a few inches of nylon cord scavenged out of my BoB bag. 1/2" of pad on the bottom and 1" on either side and up top should do the trick.

havent used it on the trail yet but ive put it through a barrage of lab testing and it looks very promising. now if i can only find my tripod ill fit it in too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    looks good, CC!

I use a camelbak cell phone pouch to carry the P&S on the camelbak strap... handy but out of the way

mtbr member
    I have been using one of these for years:

http://www.accucase.com/camera.html

It clips onto the chest strap of your camelbak, and you can grab it and snap a shot in about 5 seconds once you have stopped. Have you looked into these CC? They are about $22 for the small (for my old Canon Elph S230) and maybe $30 for the larger one?
    Not sure which would fot your sd 400...

Cheers

Buzz

FM
    mtbr member
    you need one of these

It's carbon dontcha know.
    I use a Lowepro case, not sure if it's this exact model:
    https://www.lowepro.com/Products/Cam.../D-Res_8M.aspx

The main strap is velcro/hook and loop. So I fix it around the shoulder strap, above the sternum strap on my camelback.

Gorillapod then goes in a jersey pocket or the webbed pocked on the CB.

No, that's not phonetic
    The LowePro D10 fits the SD Canon line perfectly. They also fit nicely in these hard shells which are a paltry $8 at REI:

My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr platinum member
    I bought one of these cell phone cases at the Home Depot and used the belt clip and a zip tie to attach it to my shoulder strap, which has worked great for 2+ years. The sides are stretchy fabric and the front and top flap are Cordura nylon. Fits the SD series cameras very well. Recommended for dry climates only. Only cost me $6, and it holds gels when I don't have my camera along.
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100588254
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I stopped driving my bike into my garage - I'm now protected with Roof Rack Ranger app for my iPhone.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    all good ideas guys. thanx for the suggestions. the prob with those is they seem to hit my arms when i move around and that bugs me. maybe fm's bag would avoid that, looks too big though. what else do ya carry in there, yer vagisil?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0