Beyond Bikes = No Turners- Mtbr.com
    MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004

Beyond Bikes = No Turners

So, am I the last to notice that BB no longer carries Turners? I was in the shop last week picking up some brake pads and noticed there were no Turner frames on the wall. I asked the girl where are the frames? She knew nothing about it. Shocking.

I checked their website today and Turners are no longer the menu. What gives? Not that I like the shop (I don't), but they happened to be the nearest Turner dealer to my house. Who else sells them in San Diego?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTP
    So, am I the last to notice that BB no longer carries Turners? I was in the shop last week picking up some brake pads and noticed there were no Turner frames on the wall. I asked the girl where are the frames? She knew nothing about it. Shocking.

I checked their website today and Turners are no longer the menu. What gives? Not that I like the shop (I don't), but they happened to be the nearest Turner dealer to my house. Who else sells them in San Diego?
    Yes, no turners. Apparently one of the employees was letting frames go for much less they were supposed to. DT found out and pulled them from beyond's lineup. There's a place in otay off of H street next to pep boys that carries turners and mostly road bikes, however I'm having a moment of senility. I'll post back the name later.

mtbr member

Time flies...
    There were lot's of good reasons for Turner to dis-associate from BeyotchBikes...

Anyway, Call Joe @ http://www.bigringcyclery.com/
    In La Mesa right across the corner from Performance...

mtbr member
    Selling any reputable bike brand at Beyond Bikes is like hookers selling fine jewelry at a truck stop.

mtbr member

Poor Customer Service = Beyond Bikes

I never like their customer service from the day one I walked into their store and never will again. Specially the D--K head store manager I think called mike, the guy with the goatie.

Don't worry, there are other Turner dealers in town. I will try to post a few links of stores carrying the legendery Turner on my next posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP

THOSE WHO KNOW, RIDE TURNER

mtbr member

SD Shops

Also check out...
    Big Ring Cyclery
    8691 La Mesa Blvd
    La Mesa, CA 91941
    619 463 2453
    Talk to Joe or Manny

Bodhisattva
    Quote Originally Posted by Jratt
    Also check out...
    Big Ring Cyclery
    8691 La Mesa Blvd
    La Mesa, CA 91941
    619 463 2453
    Talk to Joe or Manny
    I recently bought a road bike from Joe at Big Ring Cyclery.

He rocks.

i can't type the letter s
    Quote Originally Posted by Jratt
    Also check out...
    Big Ring Cyclery
    8691 La Mesa Blvd
    La Mesa, CA 91941
    619 463 2453
    Talk to Joe or Manny
    Triple Ditto for Big Ring Cyclery, now known as BRC.

mtbr member
    Yes, this is the newest customized shop opend in Chula Vista. They carry high end road and Mtn bikes.

Last time I was there, the owner was talking about bringing Turners. I should check it out myself.

It is called Pulse Sports. Nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by protocol_droid
    Yes, no turners. Apparently one of the employees was letting frames go for much less they were supposed to. DT found out and pulled them from beyond's lineup. There's a place in otay off of H street next to pep boys that carries turners and mostly road bikes, however I'm having a moment of senility. I'll post back the name later.
    THOSE WHO KNOW, RIDE TURNER

Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
    Hell, living in San Diego, just roll up 15 and see them in person.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6packguywith5spot
    Yes, this is the newest customized shop opend in Chula Vista. They carry high end road and Mtn bikes.

Last time I was there, the owner was talking about bringing Turners. I should check it out myself.

It is called Pulse Sports. Nice people.
    yeah, they have a few of them out on display in the back of the store. my brother in law informed me they were quoting him Non 20% off pricing, perhaps they didn't get the memo from DT. Anyhow, a pretty shop it is.

Time flies...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain
    Selling any reputable bike brand at Beyond Bikes is like hookers selling fine jewelry at a truck stop.
    Thanks for the new sig line...
    ...every day sends future to past...

MTP
    Nothing to see here
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueMountain

LOL. Hear that. But I must defend the young lady who rang up my last purchase. She was very nice, I had never seen her working there before (which explains why she is still nice), and she noted she works for the water sports portion of the business.

Also, I got a killer deal on new SIDIs there in June via a discount on top of a sales price configuration to the tune of over $130 off!

Yeah, I don't usually like their service, but sometimes I just can't pass up the deals...

Members who have read this thread: 0