Anyone seen this yet??? Discuss

So they were talking about Eurobike stuff in the WW forum and Cloxxi mentioned that this was the highlight of the show for him. Anyone care to take a guess what it is???
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hydraulic rear mech

Bodhisattva
    hydraulic actuated RD?

Bodhisattva
    Ebm ?

Give up yet??? Its obviously a derailler, but the whole system is hydraulic. Below is a link to the rest of the pics.

Hydro Shifters

I imagine they would be a lil pricey. But good idea if implemented right or the next Airlines???

Think it looks pretty sweet in an industrial sort of way...

EDIT
    Ok you guys are quick, replied before I even got the second post up

Outcast
    Hydro sex-spur device. The old lady straps one to each ankle for hanky-panky excitement. She can either spur you manually, or hydraulicly, depending upon position, etc.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDtofer
    Anyone care to take a guess what it is???
    Ugly? Great - more lines to bleed. I'm holding out for fly-by-wire digital shifting.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Lay off the Levers
    Y'know what would be cool? Coaxial hydo lines so they only need one run. I'd be a beyotch do do the fittings though.

Come to think of it, why couldn't they use a single run, push line like they use on the brakes and let the return be spring driven like a standard der?
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Why is there no upper pulley wheel?

EDIT: Ooops. Now I see it. I'd like to see that with a chain running through it; the pulleys must run vertically, but it doesn't look like it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    Y'know what would be cool? Coaxial hydo lines so they only need one run. I'd be a beyotch do do the fittings though.

Come to think of it, why couldn't they use a single run, push line like they use on the brakes and let the return be spring driven like a standard der?
    Yeah, two lines (four total for both F and R derailleurs) seem odd, but OTOH, I guess that you'll say goodbye to ghost shifting. I'd say they look promising.

What I don't like is the shifter design. It seems like you'll need two finger in order to grab and actuate it, rather than 1 as most of current designs (being the SRAM Twisters the exception)

Lay off the Levers

shut up and pedal
    Jan 2004
    pretty cool..

Internal hub makes more sense, they just need to work on the weight and power lost due to friction.

SASQUATCH!
    I think you've got a good point for sure Zilla, but what would be even cooler would be a system that uses something lighter, simpler, more reliable, only takes one line, is cheaper, and is dead easy to replace/maintain/adjust....

....like a fricken cable.

Sure hydro solves ghost shifting. But I dunno, to me it seems an awful lot like whacking yourself in the head with a hammer to kill a fly. Any other advantages to this setup?
    Last edited by big_olly; 09-08-2006 at 11:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    And internal gearboxes even better. Nicolai are bringing out the Nucleon AMX - a 5 inch travel gearbox frame that they claim should be buildable to under 30 lb. 'Only' going to cost around 5000 Euro...

Lay off the Levers

If it Ain't Broke...We'll Fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by big_olly
    ...it seems an awful lot like whacking yourself in the head with a hammer to kill a fly.
    I agree. I don't get ghost shifting anyway....and to continue with the headwacking,

Shimano apparently is making a pneumatic hammer...uh derailleur.

Since the both the hydro and the pneumo ders both hang in the same precarious location, the only thing that changes is the cabling... BFD.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 09-08-2006 at 11:13 AM.

Student
    thats way to cool, but problems....lines to bleed(pain in the a$$)and what the heck are they going to carge for the unit, seems like it would be very expensive, i thinki'll stick with my cables.
    The secret to mountain biking is pretty simple. The slower you go the more likely it is you'll crash. ~Julie Furtado

SASQUATCH!
    Hehe! I'm rolling my eyes over here!

Still, I think at least the Shimano der itself is kinda sexy in a chunky, compact kinda way.

banned
    It's gonna cost a ton and it's still not going to be bulletproof.

If I were to spend what I think it would cost, I would rather go for a Rohloff and solve all the other problems this thing WON'T address.

Outcast
    Oh yea, I wanna buy something that costs hundreds of dollars, and I want to bolt it to my bike, with one bolt, inches above the ground, and ride rocky terrain! Bring it on!
    The last derailleur I bought cost me 30 bucks. It works well, with no bleeding.

Doh!!!

So I thought I would look through the rest of the website (in German) Good news is its all really light. Rear derailler quoted at 161grams!

Bad news is the whole set up isnt a couple hundred bucks....more like 905 Euro for the rear and shifter or 1505 for the complete set!!!

At least if I am reading that right (and there is a good chance I am wrong)

So who's the first to step up and try it out.

Lay off the Levers
    <TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px solid; WIDTH: 745px; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica" align=right width="49%">1,505.00 EUR </TD><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 24pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica" align=middle width="2%">=</TD><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Helvetica" align=left width="49%">1,907.50 USD</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nice price....does it come with a Totem?

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Oh yea, I wanna buy something that costs hundreds of dollars, and I want to bolt it to my bike, with one bolt, inches above the ground, and ride rocky terrain! Bring it on!
    The last derailleur I bought cost me 30 bucks. It works well, with no bleeding.
    Why not just get it over with in one fell swoop?
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat
    Why not just get it over with in one fell swoop?

I did say in my second post that I thought it would be a 'lil' pricey...

No, that's not phonetic
    HBM (hydraulic ball massager)?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Members who have read this thread: 0