Anyone rockin a new 66SL ATA Yet?- Mtbr.com
    Living the Dream

Anyone rockin a new 66SL ATA Yet?

That 525-565mm AC height adjustment has me super stoked. go from a 69HA for traills to 67 for the descent and you even have ETA for the Steep Climbs.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

mtbr member
    May 2006

I just got mine on Monday...........

Its going on my Alutech,waiting for a headset.I'll keep you posted.Can't wait to ride this fork(and the rest of the bike)

Living the Dream

Are you still riding the 6.6?

I just looked up Alutech on google. How did you come across them. I've never heard of them. Definately post your impressions of the 66sl.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

No, that's not phonetic
    Knolly just posted some thoughts on the Shocks forum. We tried one on the Delirium at IBike. Look for that too.
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Knolly just posted some thoughts on the Shocks forum. .
    Tscheezy, which thread please? I looked briefly, but didn't see it. Excuse my apparent laziness, but I'm on dial-up right now. Thanks!

Living the Dream

From one lazy man to another

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Tscheezy, which thread please? I looked briefly, but didn't see it. Excuse my apparent laziness, but I'm on dial-up right now. Thanks!
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...erium+66sl+ata

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    great info. thanx guys.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Outcast
    Thanks Alpenglow. The '07 ATA is my top contender for now, unless avalanche comes out with a single crown travel adjustable 7 inch freeride fork that weighs 5.5 pounds or less. I've dropped the rockshox line from my view. A bit O.T., , I had the opportunity to get a parking lot test on an 8 inch travel dh oriented Bionicon bike, with an inverted fork. The compression damping of the fork was absolutely focking incredible, like a factory race motocross fork. Light years ahead of any mtb fork I ever felt.

No, that's not phonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    ...parking lot test... was absolutely focking incredible
    You ARE a Homer! Yeah, brother!

Outcast
    You ARE a Homer! Yeah, brother!
    Ssssshhhhhh!!!!!! Please Tscheezy, don't spread that around, It will ruin my reputation.
    You guys have no idea how much $$$$ Homer UGI I have planned for this winter.
    You won't recognize my RFX in a few months.

Peace & Love
    Knolly just posted some thoughts on the Shocks forum. We tried one on the Delirium at IBike. Look for that too.
    indeed Noel did.....

i got mine today (though I dont have a bike to put it on and never ride anyway so who cares)

chad also got one for himself and plans to ride tomorrow morning on it....

El Beastro got his today and put it on his current bike......

should be some ride reports coming shortly! the way i am going, i am thinking about waiting for the 2008 model!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i got mine today...
    Wait a minute...you got an '07 66SL for your RFX? I thought this was a "budget build"?

Well, at least you didn't get a Totem, so you spent less $$$ and will actually have a fork that performs well.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Wait a minute...you got an '07 66SL for your RFX? I thought this was a "budget build"?

Well, at least you didn't get a Totem, so you spent less $$$ and will actually have a fork that performs well.
    it is a budget build. i will be running an X7 rear derailleur. of course that was because the X9 does not come in all black oh yeah, and the Hone cranks are relatively budget....i think they look cool though so i am happy with them.

long standing member
    it is a budget build. i will be running an X7 rear derailleur.

...of course that was because the X9 does not come in all black

oh yeah, and the Hone cranks are relatively budget....i think they look cool though so i am happy with them.
    I didn't know you were so concerned about appearances.

Team Sanchez
    My 66SL should be here by Monday. I'll post a review of it, and the Avid Codes late in the week next week.

Feeding your addiction
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    My 66SL should be here by Monday. I'll post a review of it, and the Avid Codes late in the week next week.
    Actually they'll both be there on Friday of this week Check your email for the tracking notice from UPS.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Larry check your emails.

Living the Dream

I'll be Rockin One Shortly.

I just found out about a Marzocchi Crash Replacement Program. Great deal if you have an old Marzocchi lying around. I turned in my 05 AM1 and I'm getting and 07 66SL ATA for $600.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Many of us Bigger Guys will be waiting for the Bigger Guy Review.
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    When did everyone arrive at the negative consensus with the Totem, and/or the entire new RS line? Are there some kinks in the new line? Please report. Thanks.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    When did everyone arrive at the negative consensus with the Totem, and/or the entire new RS line? Are there some kinks in the new line? Please report. Thanks.
    only "objective" issues reported that I have paid any attention to are with the Lyrik 2-step where either stick up or stick down has occured in some. However, post September production version have supposedly addressed this issue so no worries anymore as far as i am concerned.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpenglow
    I just found out about a Marzocchi Crash Replacement Program. Great deal if you have an old Marzocchi lying around. I turned in my 05 AM1 and I'm getting and 07 66SL ATA for $600.
    Any old Zoke gets you a discount on any new one?

I've got an mx and a destroyed 99 z1 lying around.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    only "objective" issues reported that I have paid any attention to are with the Lyrik 2-step where either stick up or stick down has occured in some. However, post September production version have supposedly addressed this issue so no worries anymore as far as i am concerned.
    OK cool, I'm not interested in the air versions of the new RS line. I am however, hypersensitive to creaking stanchions & clicking spring travel. Any reports of these issues?

~~~~~~~~
    so it sounds like the used market should be flooded with 06 66sl's here soon...

as for the totem.... I'm probably not heavy enough to comment on any increase in torsional rigidity, and I would need to get back on a 1.125 66 to actually make a comparison, but a couple short rides on the coil version has made me realize how nice the stroke is/was on my SL. The auto travel adjust and oil geysers I experienced are going to be hard to forget.... now I'm just waiting to hear from Marz HQ (I hope they like the snacks/bribe I included ).

banned
    There are some oem 1.5 66 crowns floating around out there, ya know...

Team Sanchez
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Actually they'll both be there on Friday of this week Check your email for the tracking notice from UPS.

Larry
    Mountain High Cyclery
    larry@mtnhighcyclery.com
    If I were a gayman, I would have posters of Larry all over my garage.

El C.

No, that's not phonetic
    I just found out about a Marzocchi Crash Replacement Program. Great deal if you have an old Marzocchi lying around.
    I also wonder how old/hosed the fork to be turned in can be?

Living the Dream

I don't know

I also wonder how old/hosed the fork to be turned in can be?

I found out about this through a post on here the other day and called up the Tech Dept. today. Talk to Ronny or Mike and mention either the crash replacement or Fork upgrade program. Then mention the fork you have and what your interested in getting.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...upgrade+66rc2x

This guy upgrade an AM3 to an 06 66RC2x for $540. I guess they are just rewarding loyal Marzocchi customers. It's a good deal and probably easier than selling the fork. I got my AM1 on closeout for $350 and used it for 14 months. I can probably get an 07 66SL ATA for $750 from one of my favorite online shops. So I guess I'm getting $150 turn in for it. Could I sell the fork for that much? Maybe, but this is a lot less hassle for me. I imagine I could have gotten more substantial savings had I gone for an 06 fork. I was almost gonna keep the fork if I could get an RC2 cart for it, but they said that it wouldn't work. I still think it would, but what do I know.

I'm kind of Bizarro Tscheezy when it comes to bike parts. I have a couple of bikes, but I don't like having a ton of extra shocks, forks, or tires around. Not that I don't appreciate the test and reviews you provide, but I was happy to have someone pay me to take a fork off my hands that I no longer needed.

Team Sanchez
    Alp, a few years back I turned in a 2001 Z-1 MCR for a 2004 Z-1. Back then they only charged me $350 for the new fork. The tradein program has been around for a while, but they really don't promote it very much. It's a great way to get some cash for a beat up old fork.

Peace & Love

El C.
    its a good thing you have never posted anything on mtbr to lead us to believe you were

No, that's not phonetic
    I wonder how $toked they would be on my '98 Z.3?

mtbr member
    I wonder how $toked they would be on my '98 Z.3?
    They just quoted me a very good price on a '07 66 RC2 ETA, sending in an old Z.4 Flylight. Unfortunately, as much as I like the looks of that fork I don't have any use for it, or really any of their forks for that matter, and they won't trade a rear shock for a fork (my real reason for calling).

I wonder how many calls they'll get due to this thread?
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

Outcast

El C.
    Boy, it's a ggod thing I'm at home on snail paced dial-up right now, or I'd be cutting and pasting pics left and right, to embelish your statement El C. Consider yourself lucky.

Everybody else, pleas feel free to act upon this.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Sounds like the perfect fork, BUT WHITE ONLY?

Ugh.
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo
    Sounds like the perfect fork, BUT WHITE ONLY?

Ugh.
    Hell ya! Didn't anybody tell you white is the new red? Pooftas unite!!!

im with ya kos. the white doesnt do it for me. almost thinkin of swappin forks just so i can have black. drag cuz i really thought tst-5 and ata would be the way for me to go. i may end up settlin for a extra 1/2lb, eta and tst-2 just so i can be stupid enough to have the color i want. guess i could pc it but what a hassle that is.
    No, I'm NOT back!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashTheDOG
    Hell ya! Didn't anybody tell you white is the new red? Pooftas unite!!!
    Uhhhh....hold on a minute! White is the new poofta?

AA where was that PC shop where you got your fork done?
    Nothing to see here.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    im with ya kos. the white doesnt do it for me. almost thinkin of swappin forks just so i can have black. drag cuz i really thought tst-5 and ata would be the way for me to go. i may end up settlin for a extra 1/2lb, eta and tst-2 just so i can be stupid enough to have the color i want. guess i could pc it but what a hassle that is.

hahahaha! FoShizzle Jr.
    Nothing to see here.

youll see why a white fork simply would not work on my bike in due time. for now, just envision a bronze anno rfx with all semi-gloss-ish black anno bits and a gloss white fork. more heinous than ta's white diety stuff on his otherwise beautiful green anno rfx.

now i either gotta get over my moronic swayin of needs vs wants or send the lowers to olympic. i guess i have time. then again i could just keep the 36 and say phulk it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    youll see why a white fork simply would not work on my bike in due time. for now, just envision a bronze anno rfx with all semi-gloss-ish black anno bits and a gloss white fork. more heinous than ta's white diety stuff on his otherwise beautiful green anno rfx.

now i either gotta get over my moronic swayin of needs vs wants or send the lowers to olympic. i guess i have time. then again i could just keep the 36 and say phulk it.
    CC - beleive me, I have been trying to envision that. I have the white fork and I want the Bronze ano RFX. No way could I even think of a TST-anything AM1 on it. Paint the lowers or order new black ones.
    Nothing to see here.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Uhhhh....hold on a minute! White is the new poofta?

AA where was that PC shop where you got your fork done?
    hell no! white is NOTthe new poofta, cause if it is, i need to completely change my order!

not so super...
    hell no! white is NOTthe new poofta, cause if it is, i need to completely change my order!
    Afraid so - and it fits you so well!
    Nothing to see here.

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Afraid so - and it fits you so well!
    no way man....i will tell you what poofta is.....its those new lame colored Magura Venti rotors....my plan was going so well, until i saw TrailAdvents post matching up King red hubs against the venti rotors.......looks HORRIBLE!!!!

as such, my brake order has been changed as of this morning

and dude, whats up with never being on Yahoo messenger anymore? wheres the love?

maybe yer right pal. that and some i9's while im at it. i think youve got me close to convinced to try some but itll have to wait till i can EP em, win the lottery, or both.
    No, I'm NOT back!

not so super...
    no way man....i will tell you what poofta is.....its those new lame colored Magura Venti rotors....my plan was going so well, until i saw TrailAdvents post matching up King red hubs against the venti rotors.......looks HORRIBLE!!!!

as such, my brake order has been changed as of this morning

and dude, whats up with never being on Yahoo messenger anymore? wheres the love?
    That's what you get for ordering those old 90's technology CK hubs

I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9

I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    I9 I9 I9 I9
    Nothing to see here.

long standing member
    ...until i saw TrailAdvents post matching up King red hubs against the venti rotors...
    Fo, you're getting King hubs? I thought this was a BUDGET BUILD?!?!?

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Just minor glitches like the Highline chainstays, nothing to be concerned about. You should definitely get one.

it is. just dont ask WHOS budget.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Peace & Love
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Fo, you're getting King hubs? I thought this was a BUDGET BUILD?!?!?

yeah....it still is a budget build. like i have said over and over, the rear derailleur is an X7.

besides, the key to a budget build is defining what your budget is relative to. compared to a Jeff Jones it is an incredibly cheap bike.

as for the Kings...yeah, i really do wish i went with I9s now instead....but that is ok, i will settle for kings on this one. It just evolved from a uber cheap wheelset that chad was gonna do....to hopes with DT 5.1s.....to now (still DT 5.1s....just modified a tad ), and i never really stopped to think about I9s since i had brainwashed myself to thinking of the bike as budget build....and i just wanted to keep the wheelset in-house with Chad and besides, with the heavy duty steel axle (that I dont need) it becomes a relatively heavy hub which is a plus. Ultimately however, it is still cheaper than I9s so by going with King i retain my ability to call it a budget build

though in fairness to myself, the bike is still only a smidgen above what i sold my X5 for which stokes me......thanks Chad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, that's not phonetic
    If anyone wants to dump their white 66SL lowers, I can swap you for my custom metallic metal-flake charcoal gray ones.

Outcast
    If anyone wants to dump their white 66SL lowers, I can swap you for my custom metallic metal-flake charcoal gray ones.
    Tscheezy, p.m. coming your way.

No, that's not phonetic
    Oh no it's not. My box is full.

Outcast
    Oh no it's not. My box is full.
    I know.

Outcast
    Sooooooo, are you making some room in your inbox?

No, that's not phonetic
    Oh, okay. I guess.

not so super...
    LOL - Custom for sure!! Still wouldn't go good with a bronze ano.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

What crash replacement program.. I looked on their site and couldnt find any info.

Thanks
    T

err, 27.5+

El C.

So long as I am reading an old thread, might as well add something constructive right
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by miles e
    They just quoted me a very good price on a '07 66 RC2 ETA, sending in an old Z.4 Flylight. Unfortunately, as much as I like the looks of that fork I don't have any use for it, or really any of their forks for that matter, and they won't trade a rear shock for a fork (my real reason for calling).

I wonder how many calls they'll get due to this thread?
    What's a very good price?

Team Sanchez
    Ouch! Nice work!
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Members who have read this thread: 0