mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone really want to post a Yellow or Blue Flux/Spot/RFX

I'm sure I'm being a bit of a pain. I've just got to see some good pics of the Yellow and Blue powedercoat colors- please!

I saw a yellow in a post (along with a green) but it looked like the pic was enlarged and there was some splotchiness to it.

This will all be worth it and you guys like posting pics of your bikes anyway. I've seen some large and clear pics of the grey, black, green, and red but the blue and yellow remain. Thanks for the help and happy 50th to Fo.

mtbr member
    Here's a yellow spot. It's got a black Pike on it now..........Looks even sweeter.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Holy Mother!! That color looks hot. It would be such a close call between that and the Green.

No, that's not phonetic
    gmats, could you tell us specifically what color that is (the exact name or number, and through which powdercoater)?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Obsessed
    Wow, that yellow 5-Spot is a realy beauty. Congrats.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Here I was thinking that the Yellow was the Turner PC (Speedo Yellow). The Turner Yellow is probably a brighter shade.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    gmats, could you tell us specifically what color that is (the exact name or number, and through which powdercoater)?
    That is the stock PC Yellow from Turner. 2005 model. It's not mine, it is my friend's. We both decided we wanted spots at the same time so I ordered a black and he ordered a yellow. That is his build.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Blue...

Last edited by Dusty Bottoms; 09-18-2006 at 02:33 PM.

aka DJ Papi

My Yellow RFX

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    I'm sure I'm being a bit of a pain. I've just got to see some good pics of the Yellow and Blue powedercoat colors- please!
    Here is my Yellow Pack/RFX (used to be Grey) - although, she wasnt painted from Turner - our local painter here did the job for me - she looks better in person though, kind of a real pale/light shade of yellow sealed in with clearcoat & Chrome Turner decals...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

nice paint

local painter in the philippines are great! They can do any kind of color right!

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Here ya go Flyer, powdercoated blue....bought in Nov '03, it was one of the stock colors for the 2004 models.

Rando
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Gawd! These are nice. The pics help though I will be considering a Turner PC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    EndoRando- that is a beautiful blue. Do you know if Turner still makes the same blue in their custom colors? It looks the same or very close but I prefer the black decals on the blue. The white decals don't have the same effect.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/ht...ve_colors.html

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Do you know if Turner still makes the same blue in their custom colors? It looks the same or very close but I prefer the black decals on the blue. The white decals don't have the same effect.
    I'm not sure if this powdercoated version is available any more or not. The Turner website lists the same non-stock color options for the Flux, Spot, and RFX, and blue is one of them, but it may only be offered in anodized treatments. Not sure, but a quick phone call to Jarrett will answer that.

Mine originally came with light grey decals, and I wasn't too fond of them either. My original Turner was polished with the black logo, and the black just stuck with me. I've done the same with my white Pack, the logo just seems to "pop" compared to the outlined letters.

If you're leaning towards blue, and the powdercoat isn't available any more, I have to admit the blue ano really looks sharp. I've seen it in person and much prefer it to the lighter blue I have. If I was in the market for a new Spot these days, that would be my choice no doubt. Check out Darren's pdf for installing the PUSH rockers, there's a ano blue Spot in the photos.

In the end you'll learn to live with whatever color, you're not looking at it when you're riding!

Rando
    Last edited by EndoRando; 09-18-2006 at 08:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you click the link I posted above, you will see the powdercoat options for 2006. The blue looks very similar to your blue. I bet it's the same. Where did you get the black Turner decal though?

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    TS, I would contact Olympic PC in Santa Ana, CA. They will know excatly what number that yellow color is on the '05. It is darker than the "new" Turner yellow which is a brighter shade of yellow.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Alaska Turner Mafia
    I Where did you get the black Turner decal though?
    I had them made locally at a sign shop, but I have seen them on ebay. There's a guy in Canada that cuts them for a reasonable price, handle is 302zapper.

Here's a couple just to show how the black logos appear in a natural setting. First one is with Nels last Oct at the start of a Gooseberry ride with Team Sanchez. Next one is my Pack from last week here in Alaska.

Rando

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks for posting these pics. They certainly help. Bikes look classic!!

I have to make it to Alsaka next summer. I am constantly amazed by the stunning natural beauty there.

mtbr member
    Here's a PC bluey...
    • File Type: jpg dt.jpg (153.8 KB, 243 views)

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Blue...

Sweet. It even says "Turner" on the downtube.

Members who have read this thread: 0