mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Anyone own a DW Spot & Sultan

I spent ages at the beginning of the year deliberating whether to but a Spot or Sultan. I ended up with an XL Spot and built it up Lyrics/Flows and other AM components.

While I love it and think its the best bike I have owned, I fancy something for long XC runs/marathon rides and keep going back to a Sultan built up light. I definately want to keep the Spot but wonder if the DW Sultan is too similar or whether they will be different horses for diffrerent courses.

Looking for opinions on anyone who has ridden both or even better owns both. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugs
    I spent ages at the beginning of the year deliberating whether to but a Spot or Sultan. I ended up with an XL Spot and built it up Lyrics/Flows and other AM components.

While I love it and think its the best bike I have owned, I fancy something for long XC runs/marathon rides and keep going back to a Sultan built up light. I definately want to keep the Spot but wonder if the DW Sultan is too similar or whether they will be different horses for diffrerent courses.

Looking for opinions on anyone who has ridden both or even better owns both. Cheers.
    It may be a little redundant, but, I own both. I only have two rides on each. I ended up with both because the 2009 closeout prices. The spot is built with burly rims, and it is 3-4 pounds heavier than the Sultan. If you love the Spot, you will love the Sultan. The Sultan geometry lends itself to an XC machine. You will not be disappointed. I will post again after more time in the saddle.

Hate Costs Money

I'm more of a dog person
    i think as long as you build the Sultan up light and xc oriented like you said, it will be more like different horses for different courses than redundant.

Members who have read this thread: 0