Anyone knows what's going on with Larry?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Anyone knows what's going on with Larry?

Sorry, this is not "Turner" related but I know a lot of people here deal with Larry so I tought I might ask...

I tried sending him an email for an order but it bounced back two times and his site seems to be down. I guess I'll have to call but if someone has info it could save me a long distance call. I just hope he is still in business and fine.

Thanks.

Lay off the Levers
    The sites up and the phone is working. I just called and got his answering machine. Since it's 10:00am and I'm in NY I assume they haven't opened yet.

Hey M, you know you're always welcomed here.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You're right Z, site is back. I'll resend my email and see if it goes through! I've got an AM1 in that e-mail to him, gonna upgrade the Banzai to 6" for this summer!!! It's probably gonna be a chopper but heck, a fun one! haha

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikezilla
    The sites up and the phone is working. I just called and got his answering machine. Since it's 10:00am and I'm in NY I assume they haven't opened yet.

Hey M, you know you're always welcomed here.

Full Monty Bike Bore
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BanzaiRider
    I tried sending him an email for an order but it bounced back two times and his site seems to be down
    I sent him an email for an order on Wednesday which wasn't bounced. Patience BR, patience, all things come to those who wait.

He's been pretty busy and what with all the new '05 kit I can't blame folk for placing loads-a-orders.

Actually, if I don't hear back by Saturday then I'll be calling direct...

Bodhisattva
    You'd think things would be slow down at MHC this time of year.
    On the contrary...the shop is rockin' & rollin'.
    I'd give you his home & cell, but that might cost me.
    So I'll do the next best thing & let him know you're looking for him.

Feeding your addiction
    Hey Mario. Got an email from you this morning, not sure why yours weren't going through when you tried before.
    Couple of general email notes to anyone/everyone while were talking about that. The attbi.com extension no longer works, they have transitioned fully to comcast.net and are no longer forwarding attbi ones. I have new email also, but will keep the Cocast one going until I stop getting mail on there. New ones are....
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Yeah, it's been chaos as usual around here extremely busy. Trying to keep up with email, but it's tough. If any of you have emailed and it's been more than a few days, sorry for the wait.

Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity". - Dave Barry

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

OK, it was my mistake, well part of!

Larry, and others, I was sending my email to the old @attbi.com address. I had that in my address book and forgotten to change it. That's why it was bouncing back.

Anyway, nice and cool, I wont give details but guys, I had listed the Marzo AM1 in my order and I nearly fell off my chair when Larry gave me the price. I'm always smiling when he sends me back my orders but this time I was REALLY smiling. If any of you is thinking about the AllMountain, try Larry for sure before buying!

So in a few weeks my Banzai will be transformed into a chopper with the 130-150mm AM1 in front. Just have to wait for PUSH to get their act together (haha) and then I'll add a DHX to the back. So my 5spot clone will be transformed into a 6pack clone! hahaha

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventanarama
    Hey Mario. Got an email from you this morning, not sure why yours weren't going through when you tried before.
    Couple of general email notes to anyone/everyone while were talking about that. The attbi.com extension no longer works, they have transitioned fully to comcast.net and are no longer forwarding attbi ones. I have new email also, but will keep the Cocast one going until I stop getting mail on there. New ones are....
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Yeah, it's been chaos as usual around here extremely busy. Trying to keep up with email, but it's tough. If any of you have emailed and it's been more than a few days, sorry for the wait.

Larry Mettler
    http://www.mtnhighcyclery.com

No, that's not phonetic
    Ummm... remind me why you are Pushing the DHX?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well it's not really the pushing, I mean this will be a brand new extremely adjustable shock BUT it's the "clearance mod" that interests me most. From my theoritical measurements, the adjuster cap will hit my down tube like on small 5spot, so I'm hoping that the PUSH mod will make it compatible... I don't have a DHX at hand so I can't be 100% sure it will hit but it really looks like it!

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Ummm... remind me why you are Pushing the DHX?

No, that's not phonetic
    The Banzai takes a 7.875" i2i while the Spot takes a 7.5 (both 2.0" stroke). I don't know if the canister is the same on the two shocks, but if it is, then you have gained 0.375" of clearance on your model over the Spot's, which is quite a bit. Isn't the Pushed one a lot more expensive?
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

Lay off the Levers
    I think the remote resovoir model Push had alluded to, might verywell be costly. BZR, if fitment is your primary concern (as it would be for anyone) you should try to get your hands on an 7.875" shock first. Having been on the DHX I have to say the stock version is superb performance wise. You can always get it Pushed later when they are ready to do it en masse, and you've had time to decide what tweaks you want done.
    Last edited by Bikezilla; 01-07-2005 at 03:14 PM.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

I need to get my hands on one but...

It's not easy where I live. The LBS that I deal with sometimes is stocking only low end bikes and he never has any shocks. Most stuff I have ever bought there was on orders. However, for the last year or so, I've been dealing only with Larry. I don't buy anything locally anymore because they know nothing and most of the time can't even get the stuff I want. For example, I just ordered an AM1 from Larry two days ago. Just for the sake of it, I had called my LBS first to see what he could do. Well, it turns out that the canadian distributor for Marzo has imported only the 130mm model in Canada, not the 150mm! What a bunch of !!!!! So this again convinced me that Larry was the man and I'm always wasting my time trying to deal with my local people.

All this to say that walking in a store that don't know me, asking them to remove a DHX from a bike to try it out on mine and then walking out saying thanks is not very apealing to me. So my intention was to wait until PUSH announces their official canister mod availibility. Then I will order a DHX from Larry, try it out on the Banzai, if it doesn't fit, THEN I will ask Larry to have it pushed for me! Quite a strategy ha!!!

Thanks guys for your interest in my struggles, I appreciate it. I sometimes feel a little lonely in my Devinci world when I see all thsese nice conversations and pictures in the Turner world...

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    The Banzai takes a 7.875" i2i while the Spot takes a 7.5 (both 2.0" stroke). I don't know if the canister is the same on the two shocks, but if it is, then you have gained 0.375" of clearance on your model over the Spot's, which is quite a bit. Isn't the Pushed one a lot more expensive?