Anyone ever try this brand of brake pads?- Mtbr.com
    Lay off the Levers

New question here. Anyone ever try this brand of brake pads?

These guys are based in Ohio and are suprisingly inexpensive($5.99/pr)...but do the work??
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

~~~~~~~~
    I've been using them for over a year, no complaints, maybe they wear a little faster, can't compare because that's all I've been using and at that price it doesn't matter. I buy the 4 pack.

mtbr member
    I've used their pads for Avid juicys with no problems. Pads were sintered and my riding is dry weather.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Shoot, I just bought some Formula pads. Which compound are you guys using? I have Oro K24's and do not see the sintered pads but the hard ceramic seem to be close in performance.

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Internat...ompounds.html_

mtbr member
    I've had good experience with the Formula Oro pads, prices are great & shipping has always been prompt

Appalachian Singletrack'n
    Iíve wondered about those too. I can burn a set of Code pads in 2 hard weekends of riding on the Highline. That breaks down to $10 in brake pads a day with the stock Avid pads. Those Ebay pads where so cheap I was skeptical. Maybe Iíll give them a try.

Large member
    Just a thought, but are brakes really the place to economise? Perhaps if sir went for 22 carat instead of 24 carat gold frames sir could afford decent slowing-down material?
    Last edited by Tidybeard; 07-17-2009 at 11:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    interesting. especially appropo since I just replaced the brake pads on my spot with organics b/c the original ones were sooo squeaky! Apparently I shouldn't have broken them in at demo b/c they were glazed.

anyhow -- I guess the question this brings to my mind (noob here) how often DO you replace your brake pads?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Once a season. But I'm not airwreck. I imagine dragging a 35 lb rig down from high speeds in wet/muddy conditions is about as different from my gently braking my 27 lb Burner on dry trails as can be.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

~~~~~~~~
    I definitely replace my pads more often now that I'm using the cheapies. I used to run them down to the metal. Riding the trails at home my pads last quite awhile, riding whistler it's likely to burn through them in a week. I've never had much luck reviving pads that are glazed either.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I run Marta's and need to pick up a set or two of spares. Is it necessary to get the sintered (pros, cons, etc.) and what compound would you suggest. Mostly midwest ST and about 90% dry conditions.

Moosehead
    Just mounted a set of the red compound (hard ceramic) when BZ sent this thread out. They mount up well in the Formulas, seem to last, and are reasonably quiet - but they do not have the same grip as the stock pads. I'm going to give the sintered version a go next.

Lay off the Levers
    I just ordered 4 pair for the mega/one last night. They only have one kind. I believe they are sintered. I'll let you know how it goes.

mtbr member
    I got 4 pairs of the sintered (F1) ones in the mail last week for my Juicy's. Ill let you know how they are as well.

Buzz

Team Sanchez
    I got some of these pads on Ebay for my Codes and love them. Quiet, powerful, and inexpensive. A good combo if you ask me

No, that's not phonetic
    Here's a thread I started about 1.5 years ago on the brakes forum covering these pads:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=366878
    My video techniques can be found in this thread.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Used them on my ones.Seem to last about the same as standard genuines.But a lot cheaper.

Lay off the Levers
    Quote Originally Posted by tscheezy
    Here's a thread I started about 1.5 years ago on the brakes forum covering these pads:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=366878
    Figures. IBP is $4.00 less than what I just orderd from Bikefridge.
    Tnx Ts... welcome back.

Members who have read this thread: 1