Anybody get the Turner repaint and pivot replacement- Mtbr.com
    Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Anybody get the Turner repaint and pivot replacement

They want $250 bones for both the pivot replacement and paint job--any color they have. I am interested in this deal; plus, you send it to a company you can trust to do the job right.

Jaybo

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    sounds like ya save $25 on the pivot kit, dont have to do the work, and save another few bucks on shippin. not bad. but where did ya hear about it?
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    very interesting - where is that listed?

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybo
    They want $250 bones for both the pivot replacement and paint job--any color they have. I am interested in this deal; plus, you send it to a company you can trust to do the job right.

Jaybo
    You can do that or send your frame directly to Olympic PC but you'll have to remove the bushings & headset. You then have to do the replacement of all bushes and pivot shafts.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAPRO
    You can do that or send your frame directly to Olympic PC but you'll have to remove the bushings & headset. You then have to do the replacement of all bushes and pivot shafts.
    Oh yeah, and don't forget to remove the zerks. And one other thing, remember to face the seats where the o-rings sit on the pivots. I learned all of this when I went the do-it-yourself route on my RFX. When I send the Sultan in for a refresh this Winter, I'll let the folks in Murrieta take care of those details. IMO, it's a screaming deal when you factor in the labor involved.

you guys are right! i shoulda mentioned ya didnt have to do all the work. (granted, youll have to deheadsetafy it and strip all the other parts no matter who ya send it to but i assumed everyone knew that) did anyone ask if there was a link yet?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Amphibious Technologies
    Quote Originally Posted by 2TurnersNotEnough
    Oh yeah, and don't forget to remove the zerks. And one other thing, remember to face the seats where the o-rings sit on the pivots. I learned all of this when I went the do-it-yourself route on my RFX. When I send the Sultan in for a refresh this Winter, I'll let the folks in Murrieta take care of those details. IMO, it's a screaming deal when you factor in the labor involved.
    I agree.
    "The best you've ridden is the best you know" - Paul Thede, Race Tech

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Turner paint

I picked up a 5-pack for dirt cheap a while back on ebay and sent it in to Turner for the repaint, polish the stays, pivot replacement and new head badge. For $250, it was a good deal for me. Took about 2 1/2 weeks from me sending it in until I received it back. Bike looks as good as new.

Baked Alaskan
    $250 is an O-K good deal, for me that would be about $75 more than DIY. I had just under $100 total when I refinished the front tri on my ride, that included shipping both ways to Alaska - your prices may be less. Then there's the $75 or so for the pivot kit and some new stickers if you like. Olympic is good about covering all the pivots and the outside of the BB shell so the rebuild was cake.
    The red couch has moved from Alaska to Florida...

Rides like wrecking ball
    It's worth it unless you can't stand to pay a dollar to have someone do work you could do, even if it's a PITA. At today's prices I think I had $200-225 in parts and powderwork when I did the full frame of my RFX. If you told me someone could do the labor [probably better than me] for $25-50 I'd ask where to sign up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

Roy
    mtbr member
    It seems like it's worth it, only if you want one of the current colors.

Daniel the Dog
    Mar 2008

Called Greg in the warranty department

Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    sounds like ya save $25 on the pivot kit, dont have to do the work, and save another few bucks on shippin. not bad. but where did ya hear about it?
    Turner does the pivot replacement and sends it out for painting. I have had the bike for five years--it seems like a good investment for another five years. I'm going to do it once winter hits and slows my riding down.

Jaybo

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    It seems like it's worth it, only if you want one of the current colors.
    Not true. When I had mine done a couple months ago Greg said I could choose from any of the Turner colors or any color from Olympics color chart. That price is good for powder coating the front and rear or powder on the front, repolish and clear ano the rear.
    Also, just an FYI. They don't need the rear shock with the frame so if you are thinking about getting your shock serviced it works out really well. I sent my frame to Turner and my shock to Push and got them back within a couple days of one another.

Roy
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorgie
    or any color from Olympics color chart.
    If true, then it improves the deal substantially.

Now with 3 more inches!
    Hmm, I think I know what my Burner's getting for Christmas now.

a flux?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Now with 3 more inches!
    a flux?
    More likely a Spot. Can't quite swing the trade-in at the moment. Much as it pains me, just had to buy a second car. but a new winter coat would keep the Burner happy for a while.

that still works. take a peek at the olympic site. theres a color chart there that will blow yer mind. i used it to pick the color for my old SPaaNB. heres 2 pics includin the shot that started a war.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

Now with 3 more inches!
    that still works. take a peek at the olympic site. theres a color chart there that will blow yer mind. i used it to pick the color for my old SPaaNB. heres 2 pics includin the shot that started a war.
    Yeah, love that frame and colour CC. Seems a shame not to exploit the rainbow available, but I really love the standard Smoke on the current Spot. Looks very sexy with red ano parts.

Hisforever
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy
    If true, then it improves the deal substantially.
    My .02 is have fun trying to locate olympics color chart! If you can go there in person you are GOLDEN. if not. dont be dissapointed if you pick some color you think you will like, then to have it out looking like Kermit the Frog. boo hoo.

ha ha

Team Sanchez
    Quit showin off your skills CC! 5 foot to tranny never looked so sweet!
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

It's carbon dontcha know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    My .02 is have fun trying to locate olympics color chart! If you can go there in person you are GOLDEN. if not. dont be dissapointed if you pick some color you think you will like, then to have it out looking like Kermit the Frog. boo hoo.

ha ha
    http://www.olympicpowdercoating.com/...lor-chart.html

i got lucky and had a pal send some samples. gotta love good cs! not sure if this is a common thing but you could ask olympic.
    No, I'm NOT back!

jealous, i know. shouldnt have thrown that in yer face. sorry pal.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Hisforever
    i got lucky and had a pal send some samples. gotta love good cs! not sure if this is a common thing but you could ask olympic.
    Damn!!!!!!

They said there were too many problems with colors coming out wrong due to monitor differences etc..... if this were available 1 month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB

ha ha
    Kermit and his orange buddy are cool...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    They did my sultan up a few months back and the job came out Hot! and they had the frame back to me super quick

Before:

after:

I had had them do the front and rear as i like a matching set

mtbr member
    Does this apply to painted frames only or can I send my raw in for the same treatment?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesinmud
    Does this apply to painted frames only or can I send my raw in for the same treatment?
    If anything, your raw would be cheaper to paint; no sandblasting needed

Baked Alaskan
    Quote Originally Posted by ridewithchucky
    If anything, your raw would be cheaper to paint; no sandblasting needed
    Unless its been clearcoated ... and I believe the factory raw finishes do have a clear which would require a bead blast or a finish removal.

Members who have read this thread: 0