Any reviews / first impression on 2007 5.5 Spot- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Any reviews / first impression on 2007 5.5 Spot

Hi! I know this is kind'a early. I just hope to get some info and first ride impression on this new frame of Turner. There are treads on the new RFX so i hope we can also have the same thing with the 5.5 Spot.

thanks!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Did DT even have a 5.5 Spot at Inter Bike? I'm not sure and if not, it's probably running a little behind the new RFX design. I'm curious to see what the reviews are like. I'm quite sure people will like it more since it is stiffer and lighter and probably tracks better due to the stiffer/new rear triangle/rockers. Other than that, the goes is essentially the same- maybe a mm off here and there.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    he had one on THC. sorta. i think it was a '06 with '07 rockers. he kicked my ass and the asses of many others. i guess its a ok bike. the rockers are indeed much stiffer in all directions, up to 109% and as little as 50 some odd %.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    up to 109% and as little as 50 some odd %.
    109% ? Hahahahahahahahaha.

banned
    Take a math and stat course, dusty.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Take a math and stat course, dusty.
    Your motion has been seconded, sir!
    Whining is not a strategy.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    as dusty continues to plummet down the turner waiting list, i saw the numbers, i saw the program. 109%. but it only affects tnt rears as hl's are already perfect and need no changes. dont bother askin for one dursty labotomy. not only do ya not need it, i hear the '07 spot rocker list has grown quite long. i know of a hundred guys who are already ahead of ya... that is as soon as they order em up.
    No, I'm NOT back!

banned
    Maybe I need some 5.5 rockers nestled in between the 5.3 and the RFX plates I have.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    as dusty continues to plummet down the turner waiting list, i saw the numbers, i saw the program. 109%. but it only affects tnt rears as hl's are already perfect and need no changes. dont bother askin for one dursty labotomy. not only do ya not need it, i hear the '07 spot rocker list has grown quite long. i know of a hundred guys who are already ahead of ya... that is as soon as they order em up.
    Hahahahahaha, I wouldn't be caught dead riding stock rockers.

mtbr member
    I have gone from 06 rockers, dhx air & i30mm fork, to the 07 rockers, rp23 w/140 mm fork. Put the rp23 on first & instanlty enjoyed the bike more. Next was the fork change. Added 5lbs. air to adjust for the slacker angle. Put on the new rocker & lov'n the bike that much more. Even at 145lbs. noticed the increase in stiffness. Left the air the same & back to full travel w/that nice 5spot(5.5) balance. For me it made a great trail bike just a bit better, another nice improvment to a great bike. Just keep get'n that little bit better! If I can pull myself of the bike for a bit, next will be sending the forx & shock to Darren

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Hahahahahaha, I wouldn't be caught dead riding stock rockers.
    Or with a bike that says "Turner" on the downtube, or anything without VPP, for that matter.

Members who have read this thread: 0