Any forking suggestions?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Any forking suggestions?

I'm shopping for a new fork for my 06 Flux. Before, when I had originally planned to purchase a 5-spot, I was pretty much sold on the Revelation, but now I require a fork with less travel. I currently ride a Marzocchi MX Pro w/ETA, but I now question the fork's stiffness. I've had a few riding buddies suggest that I look at a REBA; anybody have input to offer?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    the reba works. so does a fox. ya wanna keep it about 100mm and adjustability is cool for climbs. i dug my talus rlc on my flux and id do it again. enjoy!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks cactus, u seem to be quite a guru at the fine art of mountain biking!

DD1
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I have two weeks on my new Flux with a Talus RLC fork. I started with the bars set too high and at 120mm. Had to lower the bars and go with 100mm to get that Flux quickness and flow. I love it. The 120mm is great on longer rocky downhills. The bike starts out great and only gets better. Have fun!

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbker1224
    I'm shopping for a new fork for my 06 Flux. Before, when I had originally planned to purchase a 5-spot, I was pretty much sold on the Revelation, but now I require a fork with less travel. I currently ride a Marzocchi MX Pro w/ETA, but I now question the fork's stiffness. I've had a few riding buddies suggest that I look at a REBA; anybody have input to offer?
    Im happy with my 100 mm Float RLT, the bike feels very balanced, but if the Flux was my one-bike I would go with the Talas like CC said. I had a old Psylo on it for a while and it felt like a lighter version of my 5 Spot.

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    I've been riding a Reba for about 2 years and it's holding up well. I think the Team Air U-Turn is a good place to go if adjustable travel is important.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbker1224
    Thanks cactus, u seem to be quite a guru at the fine art of mountain biking!
    ive got this guy fooled dont i? naaaa, mtber, im just another moron with way too many bikes that never get ridden. turns out i scored this fork just before i got the flux and as i was orderin it, dt told me about the bennies of adjustable travel on that frame and to keep the fork. he told me to try roughly 85mm on climbs, 100mm on the flats and twistys, 120+ on the downs. ive even run it low on fast smooth 1 track and fire roads durrin a race or 2. his idea was most excellent and ive glady accepted some of the trade offs like the extra weight and some brake dive, all countered with some rider input. maybe the best fork for this frame as it allows all the diff personalities to shine on a wide variety of trails.
    No, I'm NOT back!

NDO
    Kiwis can fly - briefly!
    What 2TurnersNotEnough said...I also have a Reba U turn on the Flux and it works fine.

The adjustable travel Reba and Talas seem to do the business. There have been lots of posts on this. Do a search if you want chapter and verse...

Ndo
    Kia ora (Good health)

Members who have read this thread: 0