Any Beta on Blacx Adjustable Seatpost?- Mtbr.com
    Moosehead

Any Beta on Blacx Adjustable Seatpost?

Saw this on the Ells forum, looked interesting and has 27.2 option. Anyone test drive one of 'em?

http://www.blacx.eu/blacx/

FWIW, the 2010 Ells look sweet. Yea, yea, it bobs like a school girl on prom nite, the rockers look like a diving board, and you'd get sold down the river on CS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Beta on Blacx Adjustable Seatpost?-img_0461_1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    They do look nice! I want to give one a shot, but not having any adjustable seatposts, not sure how I would give a very accurate comparison. lol.

banned
    Mar 2009
    I just don't like the "bulge" in the middle. I like how CB and Specialzed have the telescoping section blend better with the post. But, I guess if it lacks the wiggle of the CB, and drops more than 3" it has a shot and being a good product. The RASE seems hit and miss, and GD is just so damn ugly... best functioning, but UGLY

Outcast
    I'm waiting on Fo's definitive review before I get interested.
    It's allways something; some hate the boot on the gd, others will hate the bulge on this post. I have two gd's, and I swear, as hard as I try, I can't see the boot when I'm riding the bike.

Moosehead
    Jeebus Rene, you're not gettin any better lookin.

MTBeyotcher123 may start filing patent suits if you guys keep stealing avatars.

I hear through influential MTB channels that Pro Bore Review was pretty excited by "a mighty impressive 3" bulge".
    Last edited by moosehead; 01-12-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by moosehead
    Jeebus Rene, you're not gettin any better lookin.

MTBeyotcher123 may start filing patent suits if you guys keep stealing avatars.
    Maybe not better lookin, but I sure can ride procoretarded now!

mtbr member
    Is there color Black for this Adjustable Post?

mtbr member
    It is out in black and they are going to add colored accents. We are going to demo one next week. I will post the results.

Hate Costs Money

mangai.rollin
    My company is the US distributor for Blacx. The next shipment should be stateside in early April. You can subscribe for info on Blacx reviews, availability, etc on the mangai.rollin site - link in sig below - and I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.
    .matthew
    '10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

mtbr member
    Did those Blacx seatpost ever come in? It would be awesome to get one.
    Looking for a Medium Scott Scale frame, preferably a 2012 in 26.

locked - time out
    Jan 2010
    I'm wondering too. Any pricing???

Ridin' in iRie meditation
    +1. Anyone know the price?

mangai.rollin
    The latest round of prototypes have been distributed worldwide for distributor testing. The US batch will be shortly dispatched for third party reviews.

MSRP will be at $350. Sizing will still be 27.2, 30.9 & 31.6.

'10 Ibis Mojo SL
    www.mangai-rollin.com We are hiring
    pdx mtb

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mcewan13
    The next shipment should be stateside in early April. .. I will be happy to answer any questions that I can.

Quote Originally Posted by mcewan13
    The latest round of prototypes have been distributed worldwide for distributor testing. The US batch will be shortly dispatched for third party reviews.

So what happened?

mtbr member
    Can I get one in all silver? My bike is pink and silver and I would hate to through off the motif.

mtbr member
    We just received posts for testing here in Australia. Will post a review soon.

melon farmer
    Just met a guy who has been testing one of these posts (supplied to him direct from the manufacturer) for a few months so far and he wasn't overly pleased with the action and reliability. He had two posts on two different bikes and both had same issues... may have been prototypes, but he suggested he wouldn't pay for one if it was available.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_dukakis
    Just met a guy who has been testing one of these posts (supplied to him direct from the manufacturer) for a few months so far and he wasn't overly pleased with the action and reliability. He had two posts on two different bikes and both had same issues... may have been prototypes, but he suggested he wouldn't pay for one if it was available.
    That's too bad. The one thing this post has going for it over almost every other post on the market is that the cable connects near the seat collar (into the bulge), which means no cable loop to interfere with anything when the seat is dropped.

mtbr member
    I agree. I really like the look of these things and the idea that it works with magnets. Cable alignment is good for sure too, and it seems to have a decent remote.

mtbr member
    I've been testing a couple here in Australia and I'm uber impressed! I'm finding them very good. You do have to follow the manufacturer's guideliness for seat post clamp torque force, otherwise it affects the action of the post. Once set properly, they work excellently. I will do a proper review shortly, with pics etc.

Members who have read this thread: 0