Another dumb question- Mtbr.com
    Time flies...

Another dumb question

How come the rockers (all of them, it seems...) are always black?
    Never painted, PC'd, ano'ed (other than black), raw, whatever. Nothing against it, I've just wondered for some time now why no one ever 'colors' thier rockers?
    ...every day sends future to past...

... I guess you won't be
    I know a Powdercoater who could really jazz up your rockers.....no - forget I even mentioned that....

nerfherder
    Streamlined production? Avoid the hassle of having to have rockers painted different colors for different color frames? Just a guess.

I saw some Chumba proto rockers in ano pewter. Looked pretty sweet. But they were talking about how they didn't look good in all colors so they also had to have polished silver, too.

Time flies...
    Quote Originally Posted by jokermtb
    I know a Powdercoater who could really jazz up your rockers.....no - forget I even mentioned that....
    Hey Joker...ya havin' any luck salvaging yer Kawi-spot?
    ...every day sends future to past...

Alaska Turner Mafia
    Does this do anything for ya?

Rando
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Deceleration Trauma is my middle name

banned
    I saw some rockers from some other companies, Chumba included, in silver and they look pretty bad. Gives the frame a cheap, unfinished look, as if it was a prototype mock up or something.

Now as far as PC goes, the thrust surfaces have to be kept free of the PC=labor and the pc could be compromised in that area. The flat black also reveals the small machining marks left behind. Someone like me appreciates that.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

yep

what Mr. Chicken said.

banned
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I saw some rockers from some other companies, Chumba included, in silver and they look pretty bad. Gives the frame a cheap, unfinished look, as if it was a prototype mock up or something.

Now as far as PC goes, the thrust surfaces have to be kept free of the PC=labor and the pc could be compromised in that area. The flat black also reveals the small machining marks left behind. Someone like me appreciates that.
    Not sure what you mean when you say chumba annodizes in "silver"...i know for a fact my evo bell cranks weren't annodized..but like scruffy, i think the pewter ones look really good on the evo..

Members who have read this thread: 0