Advice on buying a RP23 for a 5 Spot- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Advice on buying a RP23 for a 5 Spot

I thinking of getting an RP23 to replace my DHX Air on my 5 Spot as I get through the mid stroke quiet quickly.
    I have on order some new Push Rockers and thought I would change the shock aswell, but I can't get a Pushed RP23 in the UK at the moment so will have to get a stock shock for now. There seems to be diffrent models of RP23 with light, medium or hard settings and large or standard air cans, what would be best?
    Thanks

Team Blindspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Roy
    I thinking of getting an RP23 to replace my DHX Air on my 5 Spot as I get through the mid stroke quiet quickly.
    I have on order some new Push Rockers and thought I would change the shock aswell, but I can't get a Pushed RP23 in the UK at the moment so will have to get a stock shock for now. There seems to be diffrent models of RP23 with light, medium or hard settings and large or standard air cans, what would be best?
    Thanks

I would go with light. I ran the Pushed Rockers with a Pushed RP23 at the THC in Moab, and I never turned on the PP.
    Astigmatic Visionary

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Push recommends "light" for their rockers on a Spot.

Flyin Canine
    If you ordered direct from turner, I would think you would get one that is setup for the bike pretty well. Is this correct?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Rp23

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    Push recommends "light" for their rockers on a Spot.
    Dusty, how will you know if the RP23 is Light, Medium or Hard when you purchase one?
    What are the indicators? Thanks!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    The propedal level indicator is on the shock's sticker. You can see 3 vertical bars (low, medium, high)

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I got a PUSH'd version with standard air can, seems fine with PUSH rockers here.

PSI
    I want that one
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Roy
    replace my DHX Air
    if you wanna sell your dhx air im interested, please pm me

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    The propedal level indicator is on the shock's sticker. You can see 3 vertical bars (low, medium, high)
    Dude, they are talking about the range of adjustments based on an initial factory setting. The lever has 3 different settings but it's the range within which the lever operates that is being dicussed here. Fox sets them up different for different styles of bikes.

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by shanedawg
    Dude, they are talking about the range of adjustments based on an initial factory setting. The lever has 3 different settings but it's the range within which the lever operates that is being dicussed here. Fox sets them up different for different styles of bikes.
    I replied to this post

Quote Originally Posted by znarf420
    Dusty, how will you know if the RP23 is Light, Medium or Hard when you purchase one?
    What are the indicators? Thanks!
    So the 3 levels of factory propedal (the 3 RANGE bars), which is what matters when buying the shock, affect the level of damping that the 3 positions on the lever have, just as I said...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by crisillo; 10-25-2006 at 01:39 PM. Reason: add image

mtbr member
    Iíve just switched from a DHX-A to standard RP23 (its medium with a standard air can) with push rockers.

Only had 58km ride time; but I love the propedal on\off and the push rockers totally sort the geo with the pike.

Members who have read this thread: 0