66SL PAR settings... How much air? (x-post to shocks)- Mtbr.com
    Too Much Fun

New question here. 66SL PAR settings... How much air? (x-post to shocks)

Yo 66SL heads! I'm dialing mine in after getting new lowers from the shop.

PAR chamber... I never really futzed with it much. What are the rules for dialing it in?

* Note that I'm posting here because the 66SL ratio on the Turner board is just rediculous high.
    - -benja- -

Outcast
    I don't follow no stinkin' rulz!
    But what I do is keep a plastic zip-tie on one of my stantions, to monitor my travel based on my PSI in the two positive chambers, and to monitor what my PSI in the par is giving me in terms of bottom out protection. I have used as little as no PSI for xc'ish trail riding, to 25 pounds for lift assisted dh riding. Put it air in 5 pound increments, and see what it gets you. Add more or less depending on what the zip-tie is telling you.

Too Much Fun

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I don't follow no stinkin' rulz!
    But what I do is keep a plastic zip-tie on one of my stantions, to monitor my travel based on my PSI in the two positive chambers, and to monitor what my PSI in the par is giving me in terms of bottom out protection. I have used as little as no PSI for xc'ish trail riding, to 25 pounds for lift assisted dh riding. Put it air in 5 pound increments, and see what it gets you. Add more or less depending on what the zip-tie is telling you.
    Cool, I've got my fancy o-rings on my stanchions. Thanks for the info.

I spoke to Mike at Marzo a bit and he mentioned deflating PAR, then NEG then POS if I'm dialing them all in at once, then reversing that order for inflation. That was new to me.

I got off the phone and then realized that I couldn't remember shitt about setting the PAR...
    - -benja- -

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by benja55
    I spoke to Mike at Marzo a bit and he mentioned deflating PAR, then NEG then POS if I'm dialing them all in at once, then reversing that order for inflation. That was new to me.
    Yup, that is the order I inflate the fork. My experience has shown me that the positive PSI will allways be within a few pounds no matter how much I put in the negative. I load up the positive, pump up the negative, stroke the fork a few times to get it to setlle, pump more into the negative, stroke the fork again. etc, to get it to settle to the travel setting I want it at. It takes a few minutes for me to get it all set.
    I won't have to go through that routine at all very soon.

Members who have read this thread: 0