5 pack fork- Mtbr.com

Thread: 5 pack fork

mtbr member

5 pack fork

Anyone know the geometry (specifically HA, SA, and BB height) of a large 5 Pack running an '04 Talas fork (125mm travel)?

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by noosa2
    Anyone know the geometry (specifically HA, SA, and BB height) of a large 5 Pack running an '04 Talas fork (125mm travel)?
    The specs for the 5 Pack given here assume a Pike up front (~518mm a2c at 140mm travel). They're showing 68.5* HA, 72.5 SA and 13.5" BB. With a 125mm Talas you're shortening the a2c by almost an inch so assume a relative steepening of the HA and SA (maybe 0.5* to 1.0*) and a lowering of the BB height. If you call CC they may have that info. That's all I got, sorry it's not more specific.

Patrick

mtbr member

close to spot numbers then

Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    The specs for the 5 Pack given here assume a Pike up front (~518mm a2c at 140mm travel). They're showing 68.5* HA, 72.5 SA and 13.5" BB. With a 125mm Talas you're shortening the a2c by almost an inch so assume a relative steepening of the HA and SA (maybe 0.5* to 1.0*) and a lowering of the BB height. If you call CC they may have that info. That's all I got, sorry it's not more specific.

Patrick

If cc numbers are good and PC's guess is good then that will put my 5 Pack very close to my 5 Spot numbers for HA and SA. I am a bit concerned as CC has the BB height at 13.5 with a Pike and if I am shortening the a2c by almost an inch I wonder how low the BB will be. The Spot, at 13.25" BB is as low as I like to go.

mtbr member

I don't really have the cash for a new fork but this one seems super cheap and would be perfect on my 5 pack.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/15549-315_ROC456-3-Parts-59-Forks/Accessories/Rockshox-Pike-454-U-Turn-Suspension-Fork-'07-offerIN050BB1.htm?zmam=3075515&zmas=1&zmac=20&zmap =15549

long standing member
    I don't really have the cash for a new fork but this one seems super cheap and would be perfect on my 5 pack.
    That is a good deal. And would be perfect for the 5 Pack. Just remember to figure in the cost of a new 20mm thru-axle hub/wheel if you don't already have one.

Patrick

Members who have read this thread: 0