Hey guys,

After taking my 5 spot on the beach a couple of times last summer, it performed better than expected on a set of WTB 2.5s and there was plenty of room left in the frame and fork which got me wondering how large a tire I could squeeze in there...

I just picked up a set of New-Old stock Duro Razorback DH 26x3.0 for cheap and they fitted... Just ... They are very heavy and I don't think they would be as nice on trails as the Minions I am running now, but they should give an improvement for cruisey rides on the beach...not as good as a fat bike but better than 2.3...I tested them at 15psi and they were still pretty solid with no noticable squirming when cornering hard on concrete, I will need fatter tubes to try lower as the 2.1-2.35 tubes I have don't fill out the tyres properly any lower than that...

I am running them on 28mm rims which are the minimum listed for the tire and a lot less than a genuine plus bike, but if I went any wider, it would rub on the frame and chain...If it works, I may try a lighter set of plus specific tires and see if they work... Although with thinner sidewalls they my become to squirmy on narrowish rims...

Here it is with a Minion 2.3 on the front and the Duro on the back for comparison...

And here it is with both on...

And this is the tiny amount of clearance left