Thread: 2012 5-spot ?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

2012 5-spot ?

looking at selling my 5-spot to fund new RFX, you can see pictures on pinkbike under buysell. search 2012 5-spot, really don't know what to ask for it so any help from you guys would be appreciated, listed it for $2000

anyway, I would do turner for tuner like I did last time and sell parts but who wants anything 26" anymore

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
    who wants anything 26" anymore
    Me,,,,,,,,,,

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    It will help if you list the components. It is going to be painful, but you will probably only get $1300-1400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I hate to break it to you but older 26" frames don't sell for much second hand.

My lad rides my old 5 spot and loves it but i tried to sell it about a year back and got absolute zero interest. Actually did me a bit of a favour as i said the boy rides it and turned down the ofer of a new bike for his birthday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    What do you want?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks for the responses, I just don't have the room for this bike around the house and I could use the little bit of money for the new bike, just don't know exactly my best course of action, if I had room I would probably just keep it because I know I will never get near what I have in it all because its a 26" ha ha... this new bike will be my first complete bike since I have been building all my last bikes from old parts and just upgrading frame ect. if i just trade in frame for the $600 or whatever turner would give I wold be stuck with a pile of parts that would be hard to get rid of to and not get much for.......decisions,decisions

mtbr member
    Been going through the same thought process between my trusted ol' 08 RFX vs a 4.0 RFX; leaning towards keeping the 08 till it breaks. Built a Flux 3.0 a few years ago the RFX is still my go to bike. I'd have to get rid of at least one if not both to afford a new build. I know all the nuances of my old bike this makes it very difficult to get rid of just for upgraditis.
    Too fat for XC, and not skilled enough for FR

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jet fixer View Post
    Been going through the same thought process between my trusted ol' 08 RFX vs a 4.0 RFX; leaning towards keeping the 08 till it breaks. Built a Flux 3.0 a few years ago the RFX is still my go to bike. I'd have to get rid of at least one if not both to afford a new build. I know all the nuances of my old bike this makes it very difficult to get rid of just for upgraditis.
    I didn't go from RFX to RFX but did go from an 08 TNT Spot to a 2014 Burner 3.0. I wasn't expecting much difference but the DW Link, plus tweeks in geometry and stiffer frame made a substantial difference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD so please forgive the typos that occur when typing with two fingers.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I feel your pain. I'm sitting on a 2011 Flux that nobody here local seems to want. I may end up keeping it instead of insulting the bike and selling it cheap. Damn kids and their big wheels.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    yea, I have a feeling mine might be a keeper too...