2009 RS Revelation or Talas in 9mm QR?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003

2009 RS Revelation or Talas in 9mm QR?

Well Dave's sale has cost me dearly. I have sent a check to Larry @ Mountain High and have a spot on the way. Now I need a fork. I have been really happy with my Fox offerings in the past, Rockshox seems to have come back strong. I am looking at both's 2009 line in 9mm QR (don't want to do wheels on top of a frame and fork) and am on the fence between the 2009 Talas 140mm and the 2009 Revelation 426 Air U-Turn. If the fox came in black, I would be more excited, but I am not really liking the silver color.

So my question is, does anyone have any thoughts on one over another. I spoke with Turner, they say both are great forks. I spoke to Push, they say both are great, but the guys there are using the Rock Shox forks.

Thanks
    Riding slowly since 1977.

trail fairy
    Congrats on the new Spot, expect pictures soon

If ya can wait for a bit yet its still mid 08, wait until after intebike atleast there will be some more options in that market imo! Save up or a new front wheel atleast! You will only do this eventually anyway its happended allot to people here who underestimte the improvement they get after riding the Spot for awhile and want more from the front end!

I sure you will be rewarded for being patient! Hopefully you have a fork in the mean time if not that makes it difficult, maybe pick up blowout in the mean time and sell it later, plenty of cheap options around, but for the new stuff I'd definitley wait, you may regret jumping the gun
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    I can personally give some feedback on the revelation 426 dual air. I run this fork on my burner and it is the best fork imo for the money. highly tunable and easy to set up. I love the motion control available on this fork and threshold blowoff is cool too. I like the fork in white but of course they have it black also. Both are great forks and I have used fox forks before, but I like the revelation mo betta!

Bite Me.
    I ran the 2007 Talas on the Spot and a 2007 Revelation on the Burner - the Talas was nice because it had a full140mm if you wanted it (which I always did). I think it's a better match for the Spot, but the Revelation is a great fork too if you are ok with a little less travel. It's also much less money. Either one will ride great - the RS models are a little more reliable it seems, but I had no trouble with either. RS customer service is top notch.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by prooperator
    I can personally give some feedback on the revelation 426 dual air. I run this fork on my burner and it is the best fork imo for the money. highly tunable and easy to set up. I love the motion control available on this fork and threshold blowoff is cool too. I like the fork in white but of course they have it black also. Both are great forks and I have used fox forks before, but I like the revelation mo betta!
    Is this a 2009 thru axle with maxle light?

WHERE's the pix SHOCKER

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    My decision may have been made by Rockshox. I called SRAM and they said the 2009 Revelation (140mm) will not be out until September or October. I'm not waiting that long to ride my new frame.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

mtbr member
    If you ain't heavy you could go fox 32. Although i would get a hope pro 2 front hub from larry for $90 ish send him your current front wheel and he'll lace the rim up to the new pro 2 front for a reasonable price and then get a Pike u turn.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by wilks
    If you ain't heavy you could go fox 32. Although i would get a hope pro 2 front hub from larry for $90 ish send him your current front wheel and he'll lace the rim up to the new pro 2 front for a reasonable price and then get a Pike u turn.

Just go straight to the Uturn Pike now 454 air, save the hassle, plus these are good prices right now and will get better that saving could go into the new wheel and hub, just get a maxle light axle in 6months if you must save some weight, $30-40 bucks, it can be pushed for future upgrades! What I'd do!

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

mtbr member
    I woul look into the 2009 Magura Thor if you are ok with few week of waiting.

Members who have read this thread: 0