dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

2007 Highline post - 19"

Just thought of all the beautyful 2007 Highlines, especially in 19" - feel free and post your pics here!
    Show off with your components and bling bling - thanx!

Besides: What do you think of the Dualrailleur form Wicked Racin?

See: http://www.wickedracin.com/

Ride it like you hate it...!

Chris

Ridin' in iRie meditation
    Don't know about the product, but I think their Flash banner in the middle of the page is hilarious. Note their misspelling of the word "shift".

Hope their product QC is better than that of their web design.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnerFred
    Don't know about the product, but I think their Flash banner in the middle of the page is hilarious. Note their misspelling of the word "shift".

Hope their product QC is better than that of their web design.
    Oh man! I would say good eye, but it is right in your face! Better start bringing Depends on your ride if you run these chainguides

not so super...
    Is this an honest post? Don't we have 2-3 highline picture posts out there?
    Nothing to see here.

Dishwasher Safe
    nevermind

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt
    Ya think?
    I looked at all five of his posts and it seems he is truly interested in the Highline but we already have a few pic threads going. Plus his profile states his location is in Europe - not that that really means anything.

To StealthYeti - please use the search and look in the sticky thread.
    Nothing to see here.

Dishwasher Safe
    Yeah, I checked too which is why I edited my post...

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I think the "dualrailleur" product is the most useless mtb product of the 21st century. How many people here have had their chain jump OUTSIDE of their current front derailleur? I'll guess zero since it's friggin' impossible!

So what's the point of the beefed up design other than adding a ton of unnecessary weight....so you can bust sickgnar front derailleur grinds???

Dishwasher Safe
    That is pretty silly. That's what a bash guard does, which is its only real advantage IMO.

Team Sanchez
    That system is no better than a Heim or Blackspire of MRP LRP, but you are adding twice the weight and bulk, and you are making it harder to clean your front drivetrain. The setup looks more complicated too.

dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

how to...use and so on

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    I looked at all five of his posts and it seems he is truly interested in the Highline but we already have a few pic threads going. Plus his profile states his location is in Europe - not that that really means anything.

To StealthYeti - please use the search and look in the sticky thread.
    jesus - you got it and even people in europe know how to use a forum...search,bla etc.

my intention was to list only 19" Highlines to get an idea what mine could look like...that
    's all!

cheers

chris

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeti
    jesus - you got it and even people in europe know how to use a forum...search,bla etc.

my intention was to list only 19" Highlines to get an idea what mine could look like...that
    's all!

cheers

chris
    I'll post some pic's of mine on Tuesday when she's all built up, 19" raw.

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Inkpad,
    Are you switching back to Turners. I think I bought my first Turner off you. A white '02 RFX with a Romic. Thanks for the great deal. I was so stoked on that bike.

It looks like you have been on Ironhorses and a Nomad lately. What bike will the HL replace? I would love to get a Large HL eventually. Can't wait to see pics.

Hope you are liking Bend.

TG

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-AIR
    Inkpad,
    Are you switching back to Turners. I think I bought my first Turner off you. A white '02 RFX with a Romic. Thanks for the great deal. I was so stoked on that bike.

It looks like you have been on Ironhorses and a Nomad lately. What bike will the HL replace? I would love to get a Large HL eventually. Can't wait to see pics.

Hope you are liking Bend.

TG
    Hey there!

Yep, switching back, slowly ; ) Just can't go wrong with Daves bikes, what can I say! Hopefully I can get my hands on a new large RFX frame soon to make the stable complete??? This bike is replacing my Sunday frame as I'm not doing much racing, unless it's for fun, mostly local & Enduro Super D's (Long), which the RFX would be perfect for. The Highline will be a perfect bike for Falls City & Post Canyon, both are less than 3 hours from here

Bend is awsome

BTW, this the bike you speak of??
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Inkpad,
    Thats the one. I still have that same pic somewhere on my hard drive, from when you emailed it to me. That bike opened my eyes as to what a mountain bike should look, feel, and ride like. It was my first "high end" bike.

My family lived up in Bend for a while. I bummed they moved. Now I have no good excuses to get up there. Very cool town and local scene.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the new rides.

TG

dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

while i am waiting for my Highline...

all right - i have made a decession: I have ordered a Highline in 19", granny smith green from
    our European distributor...let' wait and see!

In the meantime you can have a look at my Freeride Hardtail, Chromag Stylus - simply do it all...

Besides: I have made good experiences with Hadley equipped wheelsets, what do you think?
    And what hub color matches the granny smith green Highline frame best?

Ride on!

Chris

not so super...
    With the green frame stick with black or silver components
    Nothing to see here.

Living the Dream

Actually Gold hubs look good with Granny Green

I have a Granny Green Niner and gold hope 2 hubs. They look pimp.
    "And I shout that your all fakes and you should have seen the look on your face"

FM
    mtbr member
    In the meantime you can have a look at my Freeride Hardtail, Chromag Stylus - simply do it all...
    Sweet Chromag!

I love their bikes. Plus they have probably the best R&D lab in the world right out their back door.

Team Sanchez
    I'll agree with Alp. The gold Hadley's would look sick on the Apple green.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    I think the "dualrailleur" product is the most useless mtb product of the 21st century. How many people here have had their chain jump OUTSIDE of their current front derailleur? I'll guess zero since it's friggin' impossible!

So what's the point of the beefed up design other than adding a ton of unnecessary weight....so you can bust sickgnar front derailleur grinds???
    Well guys I guess you have it all figured out..... not so much. There are reasons that the Dualrailleur is better then the other mentioned products and it is not that it keeps the chain from jumping over the bash ring. If you just want to bash it that is fine but at least know what you are talking about. If you are interested there is a mini review on MTBR's coverage of Interbike they seem to think it works.... Link
    Thanks
    Mark
    Last edited by wickedracin; 11-06-2007 at 04:19 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedracin
    Well guys I guess you have it all figured out..... not so much. There are reasons that the Dualrailleur is better then the other mentioned products and it is not that it keeps the chain from jumping over the bash ring. If you just want to bash it that is fine but at least know what you are talking about. If you are interested there is a mini review on MTBR's coverage of Interbike they seem to think it works....
    Thanks
    Mark
    sorry for bringing this up but,it looks like your gonna have some clearence issues on some bikes at full compression.

and that video demonstates how well a shimano front mech works wonderfully,but dont show how well your guide is actually helping.

sorry im not a hater but there are some good inventions and there are some bad inventions,i will let you decide which.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konut
    sorry for bringing this up but,it looks like your gonna have some clearence issues on some bikes at full compression.

and that video demonstates how well a shimano front mech works wonderfully,but dont show how well your guide is actually helping.

sorry im not a hater but there are some good inventions and there are some bad inventions,i will let you decide which.
    The video is of the earlier design and that issue has been address but thanks for the post. Here is the video that explains it in more detail if you are interested. Wicked Racin at Interbike

dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

the dualrailleur

Well guys I guess you have it all figured out..... not so much. There are reasons that the Dualrailleur is better then the other mentioned products and it is not that it keeps the chain from jumping over the bash ring. If you just want to bash it that is fine but at least know what you are talking about. If you are interested there is a mini review on MTBR's coverage of Interbike they seem to think it works.... Link
    Thanks
    Mark
    Well - i do agree with Mark, he is the first with this design, no doubt about it - but it is always in the details, so, you guys should have a close look and a test ride before...

Chris

dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

joint venture - did you know?

just a hint: Mark from Wicked Racin also loves Turner:

http://www.sequoia-sports.de/index.p...d=46&Itemid=72

Cheers,

Chris

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well - i do agree with Mark, he is the first with this design, no doubt about it - but it is always in the details, so, you guys should have a close look and a test ride before...

Chris
    It's almost as if the benefits of the DR are some closely guarded secret. If someone could explain the benefits over a standard front derailleur, I'd be happy to listen. I've been riding 8" travel bikes with front derailleurs for a loooooong time and have yet to have a chain jump magically outside the cage. If you already run a lower guide and a bash, I simply don't see the benefit to encasing an FD in a bunch of plastic.

But I'm all ears!

dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

the secret...!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Bottoms
    It's almost as if the benefits of the DR are some closely guarded secret. If someone could explain the benefits over a standard front derailleur, I'd be happy to listen. I've been riding 8" travel bikes with front derailleurs for a loooooong time and have yet to have a chain jump magically outside the cage. If you already run a lower guide and a bash, I simply don't see the benefit to encasing an FD in a bunch of plastic.

But I'm all ears!
    Just have look at the gap between the Dualrailleur and the baseplate...

http://reviews.mtbr.com/interbike/wi...icked-racin-3/

mtbr member
    still aint gonna make no difference.

and like i mentioned earlier your gonna have clearence issues on a lot of bikes,as all that you have seem to do is extend the front mech by another 10-15mm.

and if mark likes turners so much how come he has a nomad,wouldnt be nothing to do with the amount of turner riders in this forum would it.

and i still aint seen a single bloody bike yet,this is spam.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by konut
    still aint gonna make no difference.

and like i mentioned earlier your gonna have clearence issues on a lot of bikes,as all that you have seem to do is extend the front mech by another 10-15mm.

and if mark likes turners so much how come he has a nomad,wouldnt be nothing to do with the amount of turner riders in this forum would it.

and i still aint seen a single bloody bike yet,this is spam.
    It alway surprises me how fast some people jump to calling it spam when I just tried to answer a question you posted..... you don't have to like the product or even look at it that is your progitive Oh yea the bike.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

FM
    mtbr member
    [/B] Oh yea the bike.....
    Speaking of which, how is the boxxer on there? Is that with a 8.5" rear shock (7" travel set-up?) zero-stack headset, 203mm boxxer? I'd love to hear any comments about the effect on the geometry, BB height etc.

As for the dualrailer, the concept makes sense enough to me. Who hasn't lost their chain to the inside on a rough trail? Having that extra coverage on all sides can't hurt. If a front derailuer alone did the job, why would chain guides exist at all?
    Last edited by FM; 11-07-2007 at 09:39 AM.

dust'n bones
    Oct 2007

hold the line

It alway surprises me how fast some people jump to calling it spam when I just tried to answer a question you posted..... you don't have to like the product or even look at it that is your progitive Oh yea the bike.....
    money walks bullsh*t talks - any way:

This is a cool product and first of all you should have a ride with it, otherwise it is just gabbling...sorry guys.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM
    Speaking of which, how is the boxxer on there? Is that with a 8.5" rear shock (7" travel set-up?) zero-stack headset, 203mm boxxer? I'd love to hear any comments about the effect on the geometry, BB height etc.
    I got the bike on loan from DT with a 7/7 setup and rode it for awhile of really like it .... did a lot of riding at Northstar and Mammoth but the trails we ride here have a lot of big drops 7' up and with my weight at 185 I decided to switch it to a 8/8 so I took my VPFree apart and set it up as you see it, and I really like it. The boxxer is great and after a little tuning I got the rear air to really work great. The bike seems bottomless and so solid for the big jumps even if you don't land straight. I also like the BB a little higher!

Members who have read this thread: 0