1st ride in 4 weeks!!- Mtbr.com
    not so super...

1st ride in 4 weeks!!

It might even have been longer since I threw my leg over the Sultan but all this rain we've had has me delirious. I used today as a travel day from my business trip and managed to get home around 1:00 and was not going into the office because it was 55 and sunny. My bike had been sitting in the basement gathering dust and I really wanted to get out and test ride the new I9's and try out this sweet GoPro camera the wifey and kids got me for xmas.

I threw the suitcase in my room, suited up and grabbed the bike for the drive to the trailhead. I spent a good bit of time getting the camera ready for a great POV for all the video I was going to shoot, aired up the tires and the shocks then hit the trails. I stopped to glance at the map to plan a route trying to stay high on the mountain since we have had so much rain and avoid the really muddy stuff.

I hit the warm-up trail before getting to the spot I wanted to start shooting the vids. The dirt was tackilicious providing great grip with just a bit of drift on the wet leaves in the corners. I got to the start of the planned vid zone and clicked the power button on the camera and took off. When I reached the bottom, after waht I felt was a great run, I went to turn the camera off and the power light was already off. Huh, wierd! I clicked it and it popped on again but then went off just as quickly. FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK K!!!!!!!

I guess rechargeable AAA batteries don't hold a charge sitting on a dresser for a 2 week period. NO VIDEO, No Pics no nothing!!!!!!!!!! It was still a great ride and I will be trying to sneek in another before the predicted rains begin tomorrow afternoon.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

One word:

Eneloops.
    Who's in charge, the thinker or the thought?

Captain Underpants
    I guess if you say the ride happened . . .

Dishwasher Safe
    I had similar thing happen to me. I mounted my P&S camera to my bars and rode a 5 minute, fast, rocky descent. Other than having it pointed too low, it worked flawlessly. On the second try I went down a rather steep trail, I started to lose it at a particularly steep section and started flat-tracking it (on a straight), dragging my right foot like an anchor while the back of the bike was trying to pass the front. I'm braking as hard as I can but just not slowing down at all. I ultimately high-side and go tumbling down the hill and into the brush, laughing hysterically the whole way!!! I run back up to the bike to check the video and NOTHING! Somehow it shut off shortly after I started. Totally bummed...

I've tried a couple times since and as I soon as I get to any fast rocky descents it shuts off.

MK_
    carpe maņana
    Quote Originally Posted by deadbolt
    I've tried a couple times since and as I soon as I get to any fast rocky descents it shuts off.
    It's probably the battery losing contact. It may be worth a try to put a little spring between the terminal an the battery.

_MK

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by a*holes

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Drivel
    I guess if you say the ride happened . . .
    but I tried to get proof!

Nice captain underpants avatar.
    Nothing to see here.

Lay off the Levers
    Yeah, whatever. This still needs to be said:

I'm close to 4 weeks now too. I think I've lost my perspective.
    Faster is better, even when it's not.

not so super...
    I even bought "special" 1000 mAh NiMh rechargeables and the matching charger. Juicing up the 2nd pair for another try tomorrow.

Also, I9 + 29'r = Rule!!!
    Nothing to see here.

Big Wheel Homer !!
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    I even bought "special" 1000 mAh NiMh rechargeables and the matching charger. Juicing up the 2nd pair for another try tomorrow.

Also, I9 + 29'r = Rule!!!
    I just checked the radar and it looks like we will miss the first front coming through and should be able get in a ride. Do I need to bring som extra batteries?

banned
    1,000's? HAH, I'm running 2700's right now for my Hope Vision 1 and other devices.

trail fairy
    Hell I think I have the dubious record for longest off the bike at the present and even I show moar picc's than Ssinga
    Even his I9s were half shotz

Double that Zilla, things getting slack around here where's a MOD to shut this thread down LOL..
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

not so super...
    Nothing to see here.

trail fairy
    Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    Nice picc of the Sulty and the leaves, diggin it can't watch the vid's
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck