mtbr member
    Feb 2005

100 -130mm travel bike

I have a fox talas 05 that I love. Would this be okay on the spot dw? I don't want 140mm forks as I'm an xc man really. Maybe the flux?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    great on the flux, not so much on the spot. in reality, those only got 120 - 125mm travel tops. loved mine on a '05 flux!
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Wonder what Dave Turners take on using 125mm on the flux would be though? I would have it at 105 or something most of the time and use the full 125mm for the downs. That's what I've done on my current old Tracer which is designed for 100mm and it's worked a dream having the extra travel even though the designers never meant it to be.

Moosehead
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    great on the flux, not so much on the spot. in reality, those only got 120 - 125mm travel tops. loved mine on a '05 flux!
    +1 to that.

also suggest that the dwl rigs deserve upgraded fork tech. for instance, on the newer talas, the 3-stop index adjust is much nicer IMO than the older screw till you're tired adjust (pun intended). then there's bigger axles and more refined tuning, etc.

mtbr member

If you like a slightly steeper bike

If you can handle the geometry change and less absorbant front suspensionit should be fine. I agree with moosehead, don't skimp on the fork unless you have to. If it's a $$$ choice I understand and I think 130 would work with a comprimise in riding style. I think you'll decide to go with a bigger fork eventually.

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    dt is the guy who suggested i use a talus on my flux. yes, youll use 100mm about 80% of the time, crank it up for the downs just like ya said, and dial the sucker down for long smooth climbs or fast stuff like a xc race. thats what i did anyway.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0