07 RFX specs...- Mtbr.com

Thread: 07 RFX specs...

Rolling

07 RFX specs...

Can someone point me to a thread or something....Search is not working for me.

And I presume this is why the 06 models were going for $1400 then $1200 (Beyond bikes)?

Lidarman also wonders if Dave would take his burner and $600 for one if there were any around?

oly
    mtbr member
    that 3 letter limit on search is annoyoing.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    ....Specs HERE. From THIS THREAD.

banned
    Specs:
    -it is a new item
    -it is new bling
    -it's new bling that will accept the new bling forks
    -it's got these (new) bling rockers
    -new (bling) rear shock size
    -new (bling) rear end
    -it is new

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    '07 RFX v.3 Specs (according to my research)

Size Large
    Top Tube 23.8"
    Head Tube 5.25"
    Head Angle 68
    Seat Tube 19"
    Seat Angle 72.5
    Chainstay 17"
    BB Height 14.5"
    BB Width 73mm
    Standover 32"
    Headset 1.125"
    Seat Post 27.2mm
    Travel 6.4"
    Wheelbase 45"
    Weight (Air) 7.35# Approx (subject to change on actual production frame, could be lighter)
    Weight (Coil) 8# Approx (subject to change on actual production frame, could be lighter)

Your best bet for RFX geo searching is to search for Dave Turner posts.
    Last edited by SilverSpot; 10-27-2006 at 10:52 AM.
    MCM# 2007.1

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    make that 7.1lbs for a med pre production with dhxa, paint and no refinement to the stays. this will get lower with anno and cleanin up the rear end machine work. a little bird told me a small change may happen and bring it down even more than originally thought when production starts.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

blimey cc, care to pump the little bird for more info?

with anno, 'refinement' and a 'small change' that's surely going to drop the weight under 7lb. and if you could spec it with a rp23 then it would be very much in 5spot territory, and the perfect bike to upset people like faux with regards 'intended use'

right, i'm going to hook up with a rfx, some lycra, and 150mm franken-SIDs. and a GD.

~~~~~~~~
    If you didn't see the FAQ sticky then it's a lost cause and I'm giving up ...

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    i have the info, well most of it anyway, but the little bird will surely peck my eyes out if i say more. youll just have to wait along with me and see if it happens at all.
    No, I'm NOT back!

banned
    I think this is why the Highline "lite" is being configured. There seem to be some lines of XC and trail being blurred to encompass riding that is way above the seemingly antiquated terms we used to use. So now we have the newer, lighter RFX designed for people like me that primarily ride XC, but do a heavy duty version of it with jumps, rocks, logs, and downhills. I could see what he was thinking, geometry-wise. Personally, I'd run the new one with a coil and the reduction in weight is only nominal. If I outdid anything the V.3 RFX would allow, then it's time for a Highline lite.

banned
    Perhaps this is an issue DT couldn't make everyone happy with no matter which direction he went into.

Let's say the V.3 RFX is as strong as the V.2, only lighter and slightly reworked geo. As far as abuse goes, if I was outdoing what either RFX was allowing comfortably, that truly means I do need to go to a Highline and I do need that weight to put up with it. Unfortunately, everyone would love the fabled hucker or freerider that is in an XC weight and can stand up to the abuse, but it won't exist for a very long time or be in a package we can afford to ride on. The convenience of the lower weight is just that, while the heft that comes from building a bike for its intended use is necessary.

Members who have read this thread: 0