06 Flux Cracked- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: 06 Flux Cracked

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,129

    06 Flux Cracked

    Today my 06 Flux cracked along the bottom of the weld below the seat tube pivots. Called Turner and left message. Hope I get a quick reply.

  2. #2
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    drag. how long was yer s/post? kidding. really everyone... just kidding.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  3. #3
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    Nah, don't worry. You'll get a call back. They just seem to be up to their elbows in work right now.

    I once sent a message to DT over the weekend about a problem I had. Monday comes around and I figured I'll call at least 30 minutes after the office is up and running. I checked my email at like 1210 (my time) and DT sent me an email asking when I was going to call and they were waiting for me.

    True story.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    74

    Wow nut...

    Can I ask what you were doing when your frame cracked? I just got an 06 Flux a few months ago, and so far I love the bike; rode a bullet-proof Ventana for 4 years prior.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CragRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    219
    Does your Flux have the extra gusset that was added........

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    74

    Hmh...

    Not sure, but I'll definitely take a look at it when I get home. Anybody got pics of the flux with and without the improvement? OR, is it ridiculously obvious to tell?

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbker1224
    Can I ask what you were doing when your frame cracked? I just got an 06 Flux a few months ago, and so far I love the bike; rode a bullet-proof Ventana for 4 years prior.
    Rolling slowly down a mildly bumpy downhill that ends in a steep chute. As the suspension absorbed the chutes rapid increase in momentum, crack! I was tempted to go with the JRA smelling the flowers story but figured the truth will set me free.

  8. #8
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316
    I was tempted to go with the JRA smelling the flowers story but figured the truth will set me free.
    and you have my respect for it. hope yer warranty frame is there for the weekend, nut. now wasnt that easy?
    No, I'm NOT back!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    74
    yeah, I tried a JRA explanation once myself, but my Dr. just wouldn't buy that my collorbone broke into 5 pieces from just falling over! Go figure?

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CragRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    219
    mtbker1224,
    Sorry,i was aiming that Q at bikenut316 wondering if his is the first cracked Flux with the gusset.
    Yes its obvious as there will not be a gusset there if it does not have one..

  11. #11
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    i was jra on a bichin piece of 1 track i knew like the back of my hand, at night without lights cuz the moon was full. i hit a sweet gap jump that leads into a steeply pitched chute with a g out at the bottom. but its perfect cuz that tosses ya up onto a wall once the suspension rebounds. once ya manhandle the bike off the wall into a rock garden 5' below, ya gotta set up for this really nasty 8' to flat rock cliff and if ya dont time it just right ya miss the big boulder in the shadows and it cases between the wheels. can i have a new front tri now? and whos gonna cover my rear wheel from this obvious failure to design a frame that wont fold at the b/bkt causin my wheel to taco? but dont worry guys. i think it was just this one frame that was bad. yer all safe.
    No, I'm NOT back!

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,129

    You Get What You Pay For

    Just got an e-mail and phone call from Turner. The new front triangle is in the mail.
    Broke the frame in the morning, new one on the way in the afternoon.
    You pay for quality, you get quality. Picked orange over polished this time.
    Very satisfied homer. I heard of some replacement front triangles comming with an Rp23, that would be cool.
    Last edited by bikenut316; 10-30-2006 at 03:07 PM.

  13. #13
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    Reputation: cactuscorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    12,942
    consider yerself set.... for free. good one pal!
    No, I'm NOT back!

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: miles e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,022
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316
    Broke the frame in the morning, new one on the way in the afternoon. You pay for quality, you get quality. Picked orange over polished this time.
    Good deal. Beware the riser bars this time.
    ''It seems like a bit of a trend, everyone trying to make things longer over the last couple of years" Sam Hill

  15. #15
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,457
    Quote Originally Posted by bikenut316
    Just got an e-mail and phone call from Turner. The new front triangle is in the mail.
    Broke the frame in the morning, new one on the way in the afternoon.
    You pay for quality, you get quality. Picked orange over polished this time.
    Very satisfied homer. I heard of some replacement front triangles comming with an Rp23, that would be cool.
    Don't think you'll get a new shock out of this for free, since the RP3 is there, fits, and works. Valved for the bike anyhow, and it's still a top end shock.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Velo_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    67
    I cracked the seat tube on two differnt frames. The first one was without the extra gusset and then a few months later I cracked the warranty replacement.(I was told the new batch of Flux triangles had a stiffer (thicker?) seattube. When I received the 2rd warranty front triangle it weighed exactly the same as the old one so im not sure if I have one of the new or not. I did notice that the ST diameter is slightly larger on the new one, so who knows.

    When I purchased the Flux I chose the polished frame, (which looks great) but after cracking this one and waiting for the repalcement front triangle, Tuner called and told me I would have to wait an extra week or so because they accidentally dipped the polished frames in the blue annodizing tank. They said they were going to toss out these frames and I would have to wait for another polished one. I said woah woah woah there....I asked if i could have a blue one and they said sure....So I have one of six blue Flux's !
    Untill I cracked this frame...I was all sad because I thought they would only replace my frame with a polished on or the burnt pumkin one....but alas Turner pulled through and said, "sure we'll annodize one blue for you at no extra charge! Unreal

    The customer service has been second to none! I will be a loyal Turner customer for years to come.

    Thanks Dave and everyone at Turner Bikes.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    Don't think you'll get a new shock out of this for free, since the RP3 is there, fits, and works. Valved for the bike anyhow, and it's still a top end shock.
    wishfull thinking I supose.

  18. #18
    Time flies...
    Reputation: xjbebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo_1
    I cracked the seat tube on two differnt frames. The first one was without the extra gusset and then a few months later I cracked the warranty replacement.(I was told the new batch of Flux triangles had a stiffer (thicker?) seattube. When I received the 2rd warranty front triangle it weighed exactly the same as the old one so im not sure if I have one of the new or not. I did notice that the ST diameter is slightly larger on the new one, so who knows.

    When I purchased the Flux I chose the polished frame, (which looks great) but after cracking this one and waiting for the repalcement front triangle, Tuner called and told me I would have to wait an extra week or so because they accidentally dipped the polished frames in the blue annodizing tank. They said they were going to toss out these frames and I would have to wait for another polished one. I said woah woah woah there....I asked if i could have a blue one and they said sure....So I have one of six blue Flux's !
    Untill I cracked this frame...I was all sad because I thought they would only replace my frame with a polished on or the burnt pumkin one....but alas Turner pulled through and said, "sure we'll annodize one blue for you at no extra charge! Unreal

    The customer service has been second to none! I will be a loyal Turner customer for years to come.

    Thanks Dave and everyone at Turner Bikes.
    Blue Flux??? I'll believe it when I see it....

    *subtle hint / request for pictures...
    ...every day sends future to past...

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Velo_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    Blue Flux??? I'll believe it when I see it....

    *subtle hint / request for pictures...
    Ok how much ya got?? Come on, put up or...

    Seriously its blue anno.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Velo_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by xjbebop
    Blue Flux??? I'll believe it when I see it....

    *subtle hint / request for pictures...
    One blue Flux


  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,129

    Not Too Shabby

    New front triangle is here.
    Monday morning - frame cracked
    Monday afternoon -called Turner
    Wednesday afternoon - new frame arrives
    No questions asked, Thanks DT.

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    256
    Why is it these frames seem to crack at this place, is it the stress the linkage puts on the frame in compressing the shock?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CragRat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    219
    Bikenut,

    would you mind posting a pic of that orange?

  24. #24
    Time flies...
    Reputation: xjbebop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Velo_1
    One blue Flux

    ...sweeeeeeeet!
    so I guess that's going to be one of the standard colors for 07. My friend has a spot that color...it's very nice!
    ...every day sends future to past...

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    37

    cracked flux

    Hope im doing this right.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by CragRat
    Bikenut,

    would you mind posting a pic of that orange?
    Sorry I did'nt post a picture. That technology is beyond my limited computer knowledge. Glad someone else did though.

  27. #27
    what...?
    Reputation: jmtbkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    695
    Dewd.....
    are those Nobby Nics? What size and how do you like them?? need input.....
    Without love in a dream it will never come true

  28. #28
    Obsessed
    Reputation: santiago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtbkr
    Dewd.....
    are those Nobby Nics? What size and how do you like them?? need input.....
    I use Nobby Nics on my current hardtail and will be using them with my new Flux as well. I run the 2.1 non-UST version and am very happy with them. They offer a nice balance between quick-rolling and grippiness. I'm really happy with them.
    Confit de canard

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.