'02 RFX for sale.- Mtbr.com
    Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack

'02 RFX for sale.

its a sad day but i better get to it. basically i made this post so i could link it from the ad for pics.

heres the MTBR ad:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cactuscorn; 11-04-2006 at 01:26 PM.
    No, I'm NOT back!

more shots
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    as a long time lurker and minimum poster for the last two + years I have to ask a question that has popped into my head everytime I see a post from CC with that bike. What in the blue blazes does SPaaNB mean???

Am I the ONLY 1......

Chris

Arf, he said.
    If you read the ad, you would know it means Six Pack and a Nickel Bag.

rr
    I don't do PC
    CC- you didn't mention the 5ft dock drop

Sorry to see you lose her but your moving on to greener pastures for sure.

Peace & Love
    sweet ride!

well....i guess you gotta sell it to pay for your new XC bike

Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    sweet ride!

well....i guess you gotta sell it to pay for your new XC bike.
    dick!
    No, I'm NOT back!

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    CC- you didn't mention the 5ft dock drop.
    rock drop to some, roll in to me.
    Last edited by cactuscorn; 11-04-2006 at 07:28 PM.
    No, I'm NOT back!

so far so good

in less than 24 hours ive got 2 good bites. 1 from a old pal of ours for the whole shebang, another for the frame.

ps: turtle, you suck! hehe
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cactuscorn
    rock drop to some, roll in to me.
    WHOOOSH, thats the sound of the joke going overhead, I was talkin about the infamous DOCK drop

Everyone rolls that rock in the pic, good job on that, here's a rock drop later in the trail

Peace & Love
    dick!
    LOL

me? do that? yer either really high or i did it in a previous life and i was high. not today pal. nice drop ya got goin there! good to see someones gonna get all of the ride these bikes can offer. and i thought that whooshin sound was a thought formin in my empty head. silly me.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    you're going to miss her and have lots of good times with the new ride .

yer right on both counts. its a excellent ride but just doesnt fit my needs. its a howitzer when i need a pop gun.
    No, I'm NOT back!

THIS JUST IN! its still for sale

well all my scammers backed out and so did my strong lead on buyin the whole bike. i still have 1 guy interested in just the frame but im holdin out for the big fish.

heres the mtbr ad for yer ease of use.
    No, I'm NOT back!

rr
    I don't do PC
    Hey CC, when reading thru the ad it is not entirely clear that the price includes 2 FULL SETUPS for 5" and 6". You might consider throwing 2 complete build shots in the ad and word it a little differently to reflect that, I know you have the parts listed but it may not be completely apparent to some, just a thought, the price ain't cheap for a used bike but it's completely fair IMO for the cond it's in and the fact your getting 2 diff setups with it.

Outcast
    My shipping agent who is a most honorable citizen of your country will be arriving at your location shortly with a cashiers check for $5000.00. Please if you would have the goods ready for him to take into his possession for which he would be his most gratefull.

rr
    I don't do PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    My shipping agent who is a most honorable citizen of your country will be arriving at your location shortly with a cashiers check for $5000.00. Please if you would have the goods ready for him to take into his possession for which he would be his most gratefull.
    In the meantime, please wire the correct change of $2200 to my account in Africa, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by rroeder
    Hey CC, when reading thru the ad it is not entirely clear that the price includes 2 FULL SETUPS for 5" and 6". You might consider throwing 2 complete build shots in the ad and word it a little differently to reflect that, I know you have the parts listed but it may not be completely apparent to some, just a thought, the price ain't cheap for a used bike but it's completely fair IMO for the cond it's in and the fact your getting 2 diff setups with it.
    good call. i changed it up a bit and ill modify further when i get home. for now, iiiiiiiiiiits SHOWTIME! thanx buddy.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Sombody buy this bike

I would but I'm pretty sure I don't need a backup for my 02 RFX. If that thing breaks I've got bigger troubles than my bike.

Outcast
    Quote Originally Posted by artsn
    I would but I'm pretty sure I don't need a backup for my 02 RFX. If that thing breaks I've got bigger troubles than my bike.
    Yup. The '02 RFX is built like a brick shee-it house!

a tad more stout than a giant reign, the bike my last potential buyer opted out for. its been a bad night between all this and the new dog eatin up a crop of new shyt while i was at work. im kinda blown away i still own it but thems the breaks and my luck as of late. someone give me somethin to smile about, ok?
    No, I'm NOT back!

long standing member
    a tad more stout than a giant reign, the bike my last potential buyer opted out for.
    I demo'd a '07 Reign XO over the weekend and did not like the ride much at all. The back end skipped around a bunch when on fast, rocky descents. Plus it wallowed during slow-speed technical riding. May have been the rear shock set-up (LBS had to pump the DHX air up to 300 psi just get the correct sag for my fat azz ), or the tires, or the wet leaves, or the lateral play in the linkage/swingarm, etc. The only place the suspension felt good was on slightly techy climbs, the bike seemed to almost accelerate up the hill. And I never feel like I'm accelerating up hills . Overall, though, thumbs down on the Reign

But made me glad I've got an '02 RFX to build up. (No it's not done yet ).

someone give me somethin to smile about, ok?
    Well, I guess there was no real point to my post other than that the person who snubbed your RFX for a Reign may regret it.

It's too bad you weren't selling SPaaNB a few months ago, I would have bought it instead of the frame that I bought. Anyway, good luck with it, someone will snatch it up.

cheesey really liked the one in vegas but we all have different styles. 1st thing i think of when i see it is how long will that lower shock mount last? it reminds me of kids arms out the school bus window in nyc traffic.

i dont think he snubbed me as much as he found somethin he thought would suit him better. maybe its the price overshadowin the ride. these are not cheap bikes we ride guys. all i really care about is the guys happy in the end.

hope to see ya on the thing soon pc. drag our timein sucked but i had no intention of sellin it till sept 31st 2006 at about noon. what bits do ya still need to finish it up?
    No, I'm NOT back!

long standing member
    cheesey really liked the one in vegas but we all have different styles.
    Yeah, plus I probably outweigh him by like 80+lbs.

Unless I'm wrong, it looks like Giant increased the travel on the Reign (to 6.7") but kept the same 2" stroke shock. That makes for a pretty high leverage ratio. Fine for normal-sized people, but not us large 'uns.

1st thing i think of when i see it is how long will that lower shock mount last? it reminds me of kids arms out the school bus window in nyc traffic.
    Agreed. Plus it looks bad (imo). There's like this big gaping hole in the middle of the the downtube. Uh-gly.

i dont think he snubbed me as much as he found somethin he thought would suit him better. maybe its the price overshadowin the ride. these are not cheap bikes we ride guys. all i really care about is the guys happy in the end.
    Snubbed was probably too harsh a word, but I couldn't think of a suitable synonym. People should go with what they like best (or can afford) regardless of brand.

hope to see ya on the thing soon pc. drag our timein sucked but i had no intention of sellin it till sept 31st 2006 at about noon. what bits do ya still need to finish it up?
    Wow, you know that date and time specifically, huh?

I still need lots of bits. I could finish it quicker if I used some stuff from my HT, but I want to keep my HT up and running, so I'm waiting till I've got all the funds to do it up right. Not blingy, but functional. So I still need: wheels, tires, tubes, saddle, seatpost, brakes, derailuers F & R, shifters, cassette, chainguide, chain, pedals, housing/cables and to PUSH the Vanilla RC.

Likely wont' be finished until next spring. Hopefully in time for my a little spring break trip down to GA.

Patrick

check my ad. maybe ill part it out for ya. got a set of bb7's and a ton of other stuff i might be willin to sell if it helps you and gets me closer to my frame.
    No, I'm NOT back!

trail fairy
    CC nice ride I do like that blue pity it has to go shes the real mcoy, but I been there dude, all good bro
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

rr
    I don't do PC
    I ride with 2 guys who beat the snot out of their Reign and Trance, very solid rides. Some guys refuse to spend $1500+ on a frameset, of course they will spend top dollar outfitting it though, I'm kinda the other way around.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Hey Tom....FYI, the use of quotation marks in your title (5" & 6") renders the link to your picture inoperable. If you can modify the title line at this point, I would do so.

thanx jay. fixed it.
    No, I'm NOT back!

gawd im gettin tired of this crap!

"Hello seller am interested in buy these product for sale It\'s been some time now that i have been looking for this kind of prodcut,which am showing interest in it But i want to ask this question,Are you the owner?is it in good condition?can you tell me more about it i will
    love to see the pics?and above all how much do you want to sell it and the last price you will be willing to sell it for me?MAIL ME BACK ASAP?try and send the information below.

(1)full name.......
    (2)contact address........
    (3)mobile phone number...
    (4)country.......

further discussion.Awaits your urgent response as soon as possible for us to talk more extensively about this transaction johnson_godson007@yahoo.ca
    regards..."

dear johnson,
    go pound hot sand up yer ass!
    love, tom
    No, I'm NOT back!

Displaying UGI Symptoms
    Hey CC:

I think I got that exact same email back when I was selling my Giant VT. SCAMMERS SUCK! Good luck with the sale - beautiful bike!
    24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
    - Stephen Wright

ive gotten it about 8 or 9 times now, maybe more. i told this last yahoo to "go away, stay away." its either some kinda formated deal or the same group behind this. and thanx murphy. it is pretty nice huh?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Outcast
    dear johnson,
    go pound hot sand up yer ass!
    love, tom
    Now that's rude! I was going to make you a decent offer!

ok then, maybe this is more to yer likeing....

dear renny,
    go pound hot sand up yer johnson!
    a$$hole

hehe
    No, I'm NOT back!

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Unless I'm wrong, it looks like Giant increased the travel on the Reign (to 6.7") but kept the same 2" stroke shock. That makes for a pretty high leverage ratio. Fine for normal-sized people, but not us large 'uns.

Patrick
    PC,

There's now two frame versions of the Reign for '07. The 6" version with a 2" stroke shock is the same as the older versions and the new "Reign X's" that have 6.7" of travel and a 2.25" stroke shock.....(I believe). Also, the Reign x's have a bigger hole in the downtube to accomodate for piggyback shocks. Agreed that it looks like the shock ends up being a mud catcher for the front tire. I saw where a guy on the giant board manufactured some mud guards that cover the hole up with....

Regardless, it sounds like guys.....ummmmmm.....your size should go with the coil version so they can adjust the sag with spring weight vs. having to pump the dhx air up that much. 300 psi seems like it's not going to ride very well.

As for the ride, I just got an older Reign and it feels great so far. One thing I noticed is how the sag really affects the ride quality. I suppose this is true of any bike because sag determines how much shock you're ultimately using, but once I got the sag in the 25-30% range, it handled much better than when I had it too firm/soft. I'm still tinkering with it though, but it's a fun bike so far. I'll be curious to see how it holds up to some abuse.....my old "AM" bike was virtually bomb-proof......of course, the frame weighed 10+ lbs.

EB

CC, sorry to further derail your "RFX sale" thread.

heres the latest one:

Good Day,
    I deal with (BMW) as I was just searching by for (BMW).I saw your sale and I am very much interested in it so I will like to know the cost of the (Boat Equipment) so as to start the transaction immediately I will also like to know the present condition of the (BMW) and mind you I will be paying by a certified cashier check . As per the shipping I have a reputable shipper who will come for the pick-up after this transaction.Thank you for your understanding.
    Your urgent respond is higly
    needed.ASAP.

dear mr james,

1st off, i love yer songs and you continue to suprise me with yer amount of writing creativity. 2nd, ill be glad to sell you my bmw. just have yer shipper stop by tomorrow with the check. ill be home tomorrow night after work. i have a class i need to teach to the local fbi fraud squad at 4pm so me and some of the guys will be here havin a few beers after i stop and pick up my new gun. i cant wait to try it out! we should all be here about 6pm. just ask for detective mcconnell or my wife, sergeant mcconnell. email me back if this works for you and yer shipping agent as id love to meet you both face to face.
    No, I'm NOT back!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme
    PC,

There's now two frame versions of the Reign for '07. The 6" version with a 2" stroke shock is the same as the older versions and the new "Reign X's" that have 6.7" of travel and a 2.25" stroke shock.....(I believe).
    Ah...that makes sense. I tried out the Reign XO. I guess it had 6.7" travel with the 2.25" stroke shock. Still a 2.98:1 leverage ratio...too high for a guy my size. Like you said, maybe with a coil shock, if anyone actually manufacturers a coil with a spring rate high enough (I doubt it).

Regardless, it sounds like guys.....ummmmmm.....your size should go with the coil version so they can adjust the sag with spring weight vs. having to pump the dhx air up that much. 300 psi seems like it's not going to ride very well.
    I stopped back in the LBS this evening to give the owner some feedback on the demo, and he told me that when they set the shock up the needle was off the guage on the shock pump. So the DHX air was running at 300+ psi. Not good. I'm suprised they even let me take it out for I ride (I wouldn't have if I were them). It never bottomed, but the biggest hit it saw was a 2.5' drop, so it really didn't get tested in that regard. The owner offered to set the shock up better (fiddle with the compression and rebound settings) and let me take it out again, but given that I wasn't really interested in a purchase I declined.

CC, sorry to further derail your "RFX sale" thread.
    Yeah, I'm sorry too. At least it keeps getting inadvertantly bumped.

Patrick

im not worried about it guys.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Yep, I've seen lots of those kinda messages-sometimes I think there's no way they can be serious. Hey, have you posted an ad on Ridemonkey yet-just an idea.

not yet oh shelled one. i may do that after i try another idea in a few days. thanx.
    No, I'm NOT back!

Members who have read this thread: 0