What seat are you riding??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

What seat are you riding??

The snows a bout gone and it's time to get the bike ready. One short fall with my new Top Fuel 8 is the seat. Not much give on that thing. I just ordered a WTB Pure Race V seat. Just wondering what the rest of you are running.
    Last edited by tailwaters; 04-05-2008 at 05:41 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    currently justthe race lite that came on my EX9. its too narrow for my sitbones and lacks padding, so its going to get replaced soon when i get some more money. I'm thinking of trying out one of bontragers inform saddles, since i can probably get a pretty good deal on one through my shop.

Still running the original Bonty FS2000 that came on my Fuel 90 ..... can't speak for anyone else, but it fits my arse quite well

mtbr member
    I like the stock bonty as well, i tried the WTB rocket V SLT, but i didnt like it : (

mtbr member
    I'm still using the stock saddle that came with my new EX8 and I find it to fit quite nicely. I have tried a couple different seats on my hardtail (currently a selle italia, not sure what model but got it out of a bargain bin at my LBS) and to be honest have never found much difference. After a few hours, they all get to you.

Maybe I haven't spent enough on a good seat but I'm pretty content with what I've got now. Maybe I should be more critical... is it possible to get a seat that isn't going to get uncomfortable after several hours of riding???

mtbr member
    WTB Speed V. Cheap. Simple. Love it.

I ditched the Bont on my new EX8 before the first ride. I was terribly sore after a 40 minute demo.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schweiz
    WTB Speed V. Cheap. Simple. Love it.

I ditched the Bont on my new EX8 before the first ride. I was terribly sore after a 40 minute demo.

imo, its the best saddle ive ever tried. the bontrager that is.

Nightmare on Lyrik st. VI
    I used the stock Bonty Race that came stock. I liked it. Then I tried a WTB Rocket V and didn't like it at all in the first couple of rides. But now that it broke in I won't go back. The Bonty Race is on the secondary rig.

mtbr member
    Stock seat on the EX8... I really like it.. Works much better than any other stock seat I've used in the past, believe it or not.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

Mar 2007
    i rotate out the stock bonti race and my wtb race v

Apr 2008
    I'm using a WTB speed V Comp. The stock seat on my EX8 KILLED after only a quick 30min ride.

mtbr member
    Got my 1st ride of the year in on my new WTB Pure Race and what an improvement. Happy I made the switch!

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    i have the bontrager race lite that came on my ex9 on all of my bikes. it actually feels good. it is on my ex9, hardtail, and roadbike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've always had good luck with the SDG Bel Air.

mtbr member
    Pivot saddle dont know who makes it but I bought onr for my ex9 and I have one on my Rush. Anybody have any more info on Pivot saddles let me know

Feb 2008
    For some odd reason I've loved the WTB Speed V. I have one on every bike. Nice saddle.

mtbr member
    I bent the rails on the original Trek saddle on my 4900 (landed off a jump wrong). I am now running a WTB Laser V Stealth.
    It's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock n' roll...

Oct 2007
    WTB Rocket V.

The stock Bontrager became a thong early in its life (junk) and I was told "it was used off road and jumped" voiding the warranty.

Hmmmmmm? Mountain biking is done off road and sometimes there is no avoiding jumping. Actually when it broke it was either pull up or face plant. I chose pull up - sue me.

Members who have read this thread: 0