Red Shield Warranty Owners - Do you have 3 years or 5 years?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Red Shield Warranty Owners - Do you have 3 years or 5 years?

I just bought 2012 Superfly 100 AL Elite. This is my first mtb with suspensions ever! Can't wait to go out. I also bought red shield warranty (requires for the good deal) for 5 years after pondering 3yrs vs 5 yrs. I just wanted a peace of mind since it was my first mtb. I do not know how well it can take the hit.

I've been wondering what other red shield warranty owners bought theirs, in 3 years or 5 years? What do you have? just curious.

If you own superfly 100 Al Elite, What was your experience like? Any advise I should do or know about the bike? I'm going for tubeless tire. Should I keep same stock tire? (Is it any good?) or get a different one? Also looking for pedal?..no clue in that dept. thanks all
    Last edited by gredodenda; 04-29-2012 at 06:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    5 years on my demo bike.

mtbr member
    I have 5 years. I just busted my derailleur hanger, and they replaced it, included a brand spanking new rear derailleur all covered. They even put on a mid cage instead of the long cage that it came with!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I have 18 months left on a 5 year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gredodenda View Post
    When servicing through red shield warranty, do you have to pay labor charge from LBS? I read some LBS charged when replacing frame. I was told from my LBS that labor is free as long as its red shield warranty claim. Is this right? or is it depends on LBS discretion?
    AS far as I know, there is no charge at all

I've had two chains, a cassette, Derailleur hanger and Derailleur replaced, and I've never been charged a penny. I'm pretty sure that if there is a frame replacement necessary, that would be under warranty, and not Redshield. Some LBS might charge you to have your frame rebuilt with the part swap.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    When servicing through red shield warranty, do you have to pay labor charge from LBS? I read somewhere that LBS was charging customer when replacing frame. I was told from my LBS that labor is free as long as its red shield warranty claim. Is this right? or is it depends on LBS discretion?

Do you always go to your LBS (where you bought your bike) for service? either for red shield claim or just for repair..
    What happends if your LBS closes?

Members who have read this thread: 0