MOO
    mtbr member

New question here. rear triangle fuel 90 2003

Anyone know where I can find a new rear end for a Fuel 90 2003 and how much it costs? Does Trek have a crash policy and how effective is it?
    Thanks
    Moo

mtbr member
    what happened to it? and it could be warranted?

if not ebay is normally cheapest

Kick Start My Heart

Lifetime Frame Warranty

If it wasn't crashed and burned, wheel it down to the local Trek dealer, be nice, and let them know you have a cracked frame. They may ask for an original invoice, or not, . I'll warn you I waited almost 4 weeks, but I paid $30 install when I lost the swingarm on my 2004 Fuel 70. That's it. The replacement part seems to be engineered different as well. One guy on here got the replacement arm, and it was carbon!

Quote Originally Posted by liam2051
    what happened to it? and it could be warranted?
    Yeah, if you're the original owner, Trek will likely warranty it, unless you did something really awful to it (i.e., ride outside the design parameters of a xc bike.....)....in which case, they might offer crash replacement ("reduced" price ???) for it.

Quote Originally Posted by liam2051
    if not ebay is normally cheapest
    Ebay is a possibility, or perhaps check classifieds here and elsewhere for someone selling one for whatever reason.

Haven't needed it yet, but my understanding is that Trek is very good about warranty stuff.....if you're the original owner, that is If you bought it used, I wish you luck (perhaps they might still sell ya one as "crash replacement," but a used one would be cheaper, and possibly dicier as you don't know the previous ride history of the used triangle. Good luck

Members who have read this thread: 0