Procaliber? - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Procaliber?

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by brent701 View Post
    I have a 34T chainring on mine. I highly doubt you are gonna want to run anything bigger than a 34t for a SS. My ss is 32/18
    I like a lot of chain wrap. A 36 oval would be all i need.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk
    Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    I like a lot of chain wrap. A 36 oval would be all i need.

chain wrap for what?

32/18, 34/19 is .01 difference.

Use a singulator to act as the derailleur.

I have never skipped or jumped a tooth on my SS, ever. even running a oval
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    i have a 34t chainring on mine. I highly doubt you are gonna want to run anything bigger than a 34t for a ss. My ss is 32/18
    36t

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supercal20077 View Post
    36t
    Maybe the largest that will fit.
    Doesn't make it ideal.
    Too Many .

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by supercal20077 View Post
    36t
    Thanks Billy
    Maybe the largest that will fit.
    Doesn't make it ideal.
    I live in Michigan so sometimes need a 36 ring. Usually race 34/18.

Ill be out riding, youll still be trolling mtbr. Mtbr, where people who dont ride come to pretend they do.

Nov 2015
    For those running a dropper.

Anybody running one external? It says it can be ran either way and i want to be able to take it on and off easy. Not removing the bb every time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    For those running a dropper.

Anybody running one external? It says it can be ran either way and i want to be able to take it on and off easy. Not removing the bb every time.

IT is a pain - but I managed to run my dropper internally without taking the BB off. Use a torch and a hook on a wire and you can grab it through the seat tube.

Is nice to keep it inside away from dirt?

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by doccy View Post
    IT is a pain - but I managed to run my dropper internally without taking the BB off. Use a torch and a hook on a wire and you can grab it through the seat tube.

What would i need to heat up? I cant mess around and mess up the warranty.

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    What would i need to heat up? I cant mess around and mess up the warranty.

A torch of the illuminating variety so as to see with
    Bird Aeris : Remedy 9.9 29er : Procaliber 9.8 SL

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by A-X View Post
    A torch of the illuminating variety so as to see with
    Lol - quite!

mtbr member
    May 2008

So, you can run a dropper post on the Procaliber? I just purchased a 2017 frameset and I'll move over fairly new components from off my older Superfly frame (except for the rear wheel...because of the whole Boost 148 thing!). My LBS didn't know because of the IsoSpeed decoupler. After riding with a dropper on my new Farley fatbike all winter, not sure I can ride without one anymore.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    So, you can run a dropper post on the Procaliber? I just purchased a 2017 frameset and I'll move over fairly new components from off my older Superfly frame (except for the rear wheel...because of the whole Boost 148 thing!). My LBS didn't know because of the IsoSpeed decoupler. After riding with a dropper on my new Farley fatbike all winter, not sure I can ride without one anymore.
    Internal or external. Right on the mfg description.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by tallsteve View Post
    The ISOspeed doesn't have any impact on the seatpost tube internally. You can see how it interacts on pictures.

I hear you re droppers - I have a giant contact on both my bikes now... would feel weird without it.

Nov 2015
    II wouldnt even of gave that bike shop money if they werent sure if a procal can take a dropper.

mtbr member
    The ISOspeed doesn't have any impact on the seatpost tube internally. You can see how it interacts on pictures.

I hear you re droppers - I have a giant contact on both my bikes now... would feel weird without it.
    For the sake of discussion, based on the way the ISOSpeed-majigger works doesn't it have to have some effect on the seat tube internally on some level? The whole idea is that it flexes around the pivot at the top tube/seat tube junction right. So there should be some "bend" in the tube there.

I've been wondering about mine lately. I can look down on my Boone and watch it moving while riding. The Boone has the seat cap so the tube doesn't then have a seat tube installed internally to further stiffen it. The Procal on the other hand has the seatpost down through that area so it doesn't seem to flex as much. It feels stiffer than my Boone and I can't see much movement in that area. I would bet that the length of the seat tube has a lot to do with how much benefit you get from the decoupler due to the fact that it has an internal seatpost as opposed to the cap.

If you have a dropper installed that basically adds a third "layer" to the seatpost so I wouldn't expect to get much movement at all from the pivot. Or am I missing something?

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek View Post
    For the sake of discussion, based on the way the ISOSpeed-majigger works doesn't it have to have some effect on the seat tube internally on some level? The whole idea is that it flexes around the pivot at the top tube/seat tube junction right. So there should be some "bend" in the tube there.

I've been wondering about mine lately. I can look down on my Boone and watch it moving while riding. The Boone has the seat cap so the tube doesn't then have a seat tube installed internally to further stiffen it. The Procal on the other hand has the seatpost down through that area so it doesn't seem to flex as much. It feels stiffer than my Boone and I can't see much movement in that area. I would bet that the length of the seat tube has a lot to do with how much benefit you get from the decoupler due to the fact that it has an internal seatpost as opposed to the cap.

If you have a dropper installed that basically adds a third "layer" to the seatpost so I wouldn't expect to get much movement at all from the pivot. Or am I missing something?
    Don't think of it as a pivot per se.

In very simple terms it's a seat tube that isn't directly connected to the top tube or seat stays by means of the tubes being glued together.

instead the seat tube floats within the area where the top tube wraps around and become the seat stays.

The elastomer is in place to regulate the amount of flex from the seat tube while keeping it a fixed position.

What you essentially have is a seat tube that flexes forward and backward from the bottom bracket so inserting anything to the tube won't have any effect on this movement.

mtbr member
    Don't think of it as a pivot per se.

In very simple terms it's a seat tube that isn't directly connected to the top tube or seat stays by means of the tubes being glued together.

instead the seat tube floats within the area where the top tube wraps around and become the seat stays.

The elastomer is in place to regulate the amount of flex from the seat tube while keeping it a fixed position.

What you essentially have is a seat tube that flexes forward and backward from the bottom bracket so inserting anything to the tube won't have any effect on this movement.
    With the bolt through it there I wonder how much different it is from a pivot there though. I could see what you're saying if the elastomer was the only thing there but there's a bolt holding it all together so there's flex from the BB up but the tube can't physically move backward at the junction between the seat tube and top tube. It can only pivot there.

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 7daysaweek View Post
    With the bolt through it there I wonder how much different it is from a pivot there though. I could see what you're saying if the elastomer was the only thing there but there's a bolt holding it all together so there's flex from the BB up but the tube can't physically move backward at the junction between the seat tube and top tube. It can only pivot there.
    The bolt does run through but it still allows the tube tube to float within that pinch area due the elastomer. If you removed the elastomer and tightened the bolt your would still be able to flex the tube back and forth.

mtbr member
    Greetings, is this thread still active? I am thinking to buy a Procaliber, just have to decide which one. The new 6 or 8 2018 AL version or a carbon one 2017 or older. Just a question, did the 2018 carbon procaliber frame 9.7 and 9.9 design change from 2017 and older, or is it the same? The new 2018 alluminium Procal frame, is it exactly the same shape - geometry as the carbon one?

mtbr member
    Trek told me the 9.8 and the like retain the same frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EOS_ View Post
    Greetings, is this thread still active? I am thinking to buy a Procaliber, just have to decide which one. The new 6 or 8 2018 AL version or a carbon one 2017 or older. Just a question, did the 2018 carbon procaliber frame 9.7 and 9.9 design change from 2017 and older, or is it the same? The new 2018 alluminium Procal frame, is it exactly the same shape - geometry as the carbon one?
    2016 to current are the same geo. 18 they added alum.

I have a 2016 9.9 SL. I will be more than likely selling the frame though. its a 19.5
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    2016 to current are the same geo. 18 they added alum.

I have a 2016 9.9 SL. I will be more than likely selling the frame though. its a 19.5
    What's up next?

I snagged a leftover 2017 9.9, and have no complaints whatsoever, though my primary use is gravel road riding around here. With our steep gravel roads, a hardtail is the best "gravel" bike made, IMO!
    Whining is not a strategy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kosmo View Post
    What's up next?

I snagged a leftover 2017 9.9, and have no complaints whatsoever, though my primary use is gravel road riding around here. With our steep gravel roads, a hardtail is the best "gravel" bike made, IMO!
    My Slash 9.8 Just got to the LBS.
    I am taking the part off the procal and building a Top Fuel frame set up.

After that. Son gets a Pivot Les 27.5 and the wife gets her Fuel EX8 WSD,

I have thought about building the procal frame up as a CX bike and ride it to work.

Some carbon rims with 40c tires. and drop bars, would be badass
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    My Slash 9.8 Just got to the LBS.
    I am taking the part off the procal and building a Top Fuel frame set up.

After that. Son gets a Pivot Les 27.5 and the wife gets her Fuel EX8 WSD,

I have thought about building the procal frame up as a CX bike and ride it to work.

Some carbon rims with 40c tires. and drop bars, would be badass
    Sounds fun!

I've got some 38c Bonty LT2 tires on the Procaliber most of the time, but stuck with the flat bars.

Also a set of wheels with XR3 front and XR1 rear because, well, sometimes a guy has to go to Bend, and a hardtail is a blast there.

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Sounds fun!

I've got some 38c Bonty LT2 tires on the Procaliber most of the time, but stuck with the flat bars.

Also a set of wheels with XR3 front and XR1 rear because, well, sometimes a guy has to go to Bend, and a hardtail is a blast there.
    I gravel/road mine with flat bars and 2.35 Schwalbe G-One Speed Snakeskin both ends. Bit sketchy on loose bends but road/hard pack they really fly due to low rolling resistance and weight.

Been toying with selling the frame for a longer and slacker trail HT for more 'fun' trail riding but I find the lightweight and speed of the thing addictive and maybe hard to lose.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Been toying with selling the frame for a longer and slacker trail HT for more 'fun' trail riding but I find the lightweight and speed of the thing addictive and maybe hard to lose.
    I went through the same thing before taking the plunge. Turns out I love the nimble feeling. I actually WANT my hardtail to have spirited handling. Ginsu knife vs. Big Wooden Club.

Though if I end up riding it more in the "real" mtb world, I might put a Fox 34 up front, sleeved down to 110 mm (shortest possible on the 34).

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I went through the same thing before taking the plunge. Turns out I love the nimble feeling. I actually WANT my hardtail to have spirited handling. Ginsu knife vs. Big Wooden Club.

Though if I end up riding it more in the "real" mtb world, I might put a Fox 34 up front, sleeved down to 110 mm (shortest possible on the 34).
    Fork has been the other option I've considered. Going to 120mm though and shortening the stem to 65mm and a wider 750mm bar.

Stripping the Remedy down soon for Winter and tempted to try out the DPA Pike on the Procal in 130mm mode with a little extra sag to get a feel as to what a 120mm may feel like and slam the stem down 10mm to compensate for the increase in stack height.

mtbr member

Even on the ProCal? I wanted a Giant (have one on my Yeti and love it) but it loos like 30.9 is all they make and the ProCal is 31.6..........and Trek has told me they wouldn't warranty a frame if I used a seatpost shim.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Anyone have some real world weights of the 9.9 with Stepcast fork?
    Tossing up between this and the new epic hard tail.
    Unfortunately demo hard tail bikes are pretty much non existent so relying on reviews and of course weight..
    2018 Epic

Procaliber- sold
    ASR-C- sold
    ARC Carbon- sold
    SB-95C- play bike- sold

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by m3bas View Post
    Unfortunately demo hard tail bikes are pretty much non existent so relying on reviews and of course weight..
    19.5 with XT pedals and no cages, size 21.5.

Stock wheels, which for 2017 models were the DT Swiss carbon something or others.

Nov 2015
    19.5 with XT pedals and no cages, size 21.5.

Stock wheels, which for 2017 models were the DT Swiss carbon something or others.
    And my friends is 18.9 with xtr pedals, size 19.5, roval control sl wheels, liteskin rocket rons

mtbr member
    2016 9.9 SL, (RS1 build was .70lbs heavier over the SC fork) SC fork. XTR pedals. WTB Pure saddle ( it's heavy) 2 bottle cages. Nox teocalli rims on I9 hubs. ODI lock on grips, Size 19.5, weights at 20.5lbs.

I could get it down more, just don't care too lol
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Good grief! My XL carbon 9.6 has SixC carbon bars, Reba fork, XR3/XR1 tire combo on Kovee 23 carbon wheels, X0 carbon cranks and XT pedals and a Chinese carbon seatpost.

It still weighs 25 pounds. Is the SL frame really THAT much lighter???
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Good grief! My XL carbon 9.6 has SixC carbon bars, Reba fork, XR3/XR1 tire combo on Kovee 23 carbon wheels, X0 carbon cranks and XT pedals and a Chinese carbon seatpost.

It still weighs 25 pounds. Is the SL frame really THAT much lighter???
    Your frame, fork, wheels, crank, tires, pedals are all heavier. Didnt even mention the drivetrain or brakes/rotors. Strictly compared to Brents rs1 build 9.9 that he listed i can show you the 5 pounds pretty easy.

mtbr member
    I just read the review for Procaliber 8 2018 (AL frame) on BikeRadar: Trek Procaliber 8 review - BikeRadar
    There they write: "Weíve previously noted on higher end carbon Procaliber frames that when the power is down at a grinding low cadence the seat would noticeably bounce underneath you. The Procaliber 8 doesnít suffer this to the same extent, and I was only able to detect the slightest movement when I was focused on finding it."
    What does that mean, when power is down, low cadence and seat would bounce underneath you? Could it be possible that the new 2018 Procaliber alluminium frame is better than the Carbon frame?

Nov 2015
    I just read the review for Procaliber 8 2018 (AL frame) on BikeRadar: Trek Procaliber 8 review - BikeRadar
    There they write: "Weíve previously noted on higher end carbon Procaliber frames that when the power is down at a grinding low cadence the seat would noticeably bounce underneath you. The Procaliber 8 doesnít suffer this to the same extent, and I was only able to detect the slightest movement when I was focused on finding it."
    What does that mean, when power is down, low cadence and seat would bounce underneath you? Could it be possible that the new 2018 Procaliber alluminium frame is better than the Carbon frame?
    Only if you like 28 pound hardtails. I think testers must have been in Colorado. Ive spoken with dozens of elite/pro riders asking if they can make the isospeed decoupler move under pedaling force. They said no. If anything what the tester felt is the isospeed doing its job taking the edge off small bumps. If the seat was bobbing on the bike path that would be a problem. If it was moving on a trail hitting bumps, well duh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    There they write: "Weíve previously noted on higher end carbon Procaliber frames that when the power is down at a grinding low cadence the seat would noticeably bounce underneath you.
    Well, I'm 190 pounds, and don't lack for power, and have never noticed this.

But I may not be as discerning as pro bike testers....

Nov 2015
    Well, I'm 190 pounds, and don't lack for power, and have never noticed this.

But I may not be as discerning as pro bike testers....
    If you read the article a couple points...

They said the trail was super rough

They said low speed grinding

Leads me to believe that they were grinding through a bumpy technical section, possibly even uphill

Aluminum flexs way more than OCLV.

The aluminum probably sends more energy into the frame meaning the more pronounced need for the isospeed to take the edge off.

On the carbon frames those forces are absorbed before the isospeed needs to even work

Its my mtbr amateur conclusion that the frame is actually taking more force and is more "flexy" leading to a false sense of feeling what the tester is describing

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    When I had my carbon Procal (sold it) I never noticed it on the trail, but really really noticed it on the road. Obviously it's a mountain bike, not a road bike, so no biggie. But it was enough that I decided to not make it into a gravel grinder kind of hardtail like I had considered before parting with it. Also, I had a Syntace P6 post on it which very likely magnified the effect.

mtbr member
    Aluminum flexes way more than OCLV carbon??? I am deciding which Procaliber to buy. I never had a carbon bike before, I wanted to get a carbon Procaliber, but this review and their review for carbon procaliber which scored less made me more unsure.

mtbr member
    Aluminum flexes way more than OCLV carbon??? I am deciding which Procaliber to buy. I never had a carbon bike before, I wanted to get a carbon Procaliber, but this review and their review for carbon procaliber which scored less made me more unsure.
    Can you test ride them? That's what convinced me. I took a carbon pro-cal out for a test ride and was convinced almost immediately.

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Not ridden the Aluminium Procal but ridden plenty of Aluminium hardtails to know I'd much prefer my Carbon Procal. I'm 200lbs and haven't noticed any issues with the backend moving under low cadence power. The trails I ride are generally pretty root infested so any issues like would no doubt show up. Carbon all the way if you have the budge and no regrets.

mtbr member
    Your frame, fork, wheels, crank, tires, pedals are all heavier. Didnt even mention the drivetrain or brakes/rotors. Strictly compared to Brents rs1 build 9.9 that he listed i can show you the 5 pounds pretty easy.

Yes, I already acknowledged the frame was heavier. But his RS1 and my Reba are within a few grams. He listed an Ardent 2.4 front which is heavier than my XR3 2.3 front but his Ardent 2.2 is marginally lighter than my XR1 2.2 rear, so tires seem to be a wash.

A quick search shows his NOX wheelset is 90g lighter, XTR pedals are 40g lighter. So far only a .29# difference.

I don't see where he has listed his cranks to even compare, but lets assume they're Next SL and a svelt 440g. My X01 is only 464g. So another 24g puts us up to a total of .34# different.

The actual frames (no one weighs XL frames, guess that would scare weight weenies off) 17.5 VS 17.5 are a pound different. So there's a total of 1.34# difference.

If all that is left is drivetrain, is he running a SS setup? If not, what drivetrain would be a full 3.75 pounds lighter than a GX 1x11? Upgrading from GX shifter and derailer to XX1 only saves ~35g. GX to XX1 cassette would save 60g. Total difference now would be 1.5#.........still looking for that other 2.5#.

With the info provided above plus whatever I am clearly missing I would love to know where the extra 2.5 pounds are!

Nov 2015
    Yes, I already acknowledged the frame was heavier. But his RS1 and my Reba are within a few grams. He listed an Ardent 2.4 front which is heavier than my XR3 2.3 front but his Ardent 2.2 is marginally lighter than my XR1 2.2 rear, so tires seem to be a wash.

A quick search shows his NOX wheelset is 90g lighter, XTR pedals are 40g lighter. So far only a .29# difference.

I don't see where he has listed his cranks to even compare, but lets assume they're Next SL and a svelt 440g. My X01 is only 464g. So another 24g puts us up to a total of .34# different.

The actual frames (no one weighs XL frames, guess that would scare weight weenies off) 17.5 VS 17.5 are a pound different. So there's a total of 1.34# difference.

If all that is left is drivetrain, is he running a SS setup? If not, what drivetrain would be a full 3.75 pounds lighter than a GX 1x11? Upgrading from GX shifter and derailer to XX1 only saves ~35g. GX to XX1 cassette would save 60g. Total difference now would be 1.5#.........still looking for that other 2.5#.

With the info provided above plus whatever I am clearly missing I would love to know where the extra 2.5 pounds are!
    His frame is over a pound lighter alone, his fork is more like 50 grams, his wheels, his pedals, we are at two pounds, his brakes and rotors, his whole drivetrain, his handlebars and stem, maybe his seatpost, maybe his grips, the amount of sealant in tires, the bottle cages. It all adds up.

Your crank is not 464. I need to see that on a verified scale. More like 525-540.

I see you edit your post. Im pretty sure Brent had full xtr. Not xx1

mtbr member
    Where are you getting the info on the weight of his brakes, rotors, bars, stem, etc?

Crank weight:
    https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb12390004/p4pb12390004.jpg

Nov 2015
    Where are you getting the info on the weight of his brakes, rotors, bars, stem, etc?

Crank weight:
    https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb12390004/p4pb12390004.jpg
    Well ya, you dont have a chainring. My bike is lighter without wheels too lol.

I was assuming it was the stock build. Which is rs1,xtr full drivetrain. And he upgraded the wheels.

He has the stepcast fork it says. Not the rs1. So thats another pound alone.

Just the frame fork are about 2.2 lighter alone.

mtbr member
    Like I said, the crankset is 464. Not the crank plus ring.

Page 2 he said RS1.

Nov 2015
    Like I said, the crankset is 464. Not the crank plus ring.

Page 2 he said RS1.
    I cant argue ill get banned again and never let back this time. We don't have enough info. I have weighed a lot of 18... and 19... pound procaliber 9.9s. Maybe they have a sensor that fools the scale. I dont know. I think we can move on in peace though. Cheers.

mtbr member
    I wasn't trying to argue, just looking for suggestions on the "easily identifiable" 5 pounds.

"Not enough info" what what I was trying to state all along. But I was hoping you had real input or knew more about the guy's bike than I did and could point out something tht hadn't been posted.

Nov 2015
    I wasn't trying to argue, just looking for suggestions on the "easily identifiable" 5 pounds.

"Not enough info" what what I was trying to state all along. But I was hoping you had real input or knew more about the guy's bike than I did and could point out something tht hadn't been posted.
    I have a tendency to argue. Nothing perosnal. Im trying to act a certain way on the forum compared to before where i would argue about little things on and on.

mtbr member
    Here ya go

Setup
    2016 9.9 SL
    Fox Factory SC fork
    XTR drive train and dirt
    XTR race brakes 160/160 ice tech rotors
    XTR pedals
    Next SL cranks
    AB 34t oval
    2- bottle cages
    a bell
    That setup was 2.4 EXO ardent front
    2.35 Ikon EXO rear
    Nox rims Teocalli 2.0/1.8/2.0 spokes
    I9 hubs
    Xxx seat Post
    Evoke Ti saddle
    Xxx bars 720mm ok on grips

I can change the seat back to stock change tires back to the 2.20 and be around the low 20lb mark

Friend has a Stache 9.8 SS that's around 19.5 lbs
    Owner of the shop I ride for has a 2018 Procal 9.8 SL 18.5" nearly same setup as mine but XX1 Eagle and is right at 20lbs even, if I recall him telling me correctly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Thanks Brent. That gives me some good ideas should I want to upgrade things.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    That's what's killing me about this bike. I rode a Procal 9.9 and liked it, but the new Sworks Hardtails are coming out well under 19# out of the box. I'm shopping for a Hardtail to add to the stable for 2018 and I just wish Trek made two Hardtails like they make 3 road frames. An Emonda-like HT would go up against the Epic HT and Scott HT perfectly. Alas, I'll probably end up on a Specialized or ugly orange Scott
    -DC, just some XC Bum in Sfla...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkpowa View Post
    That's what's killing me about this bike. I rode a Procal 9.9 and liked it, but the new Sworks Hardtails are coming out well under 19# out of the box. I'm shopping for a Hardtail to add to the stable for 2018 and I just wish Trek made two Hardtails like they make 3 road frames. An Emonda-like HT would go up against the Epic HT and Scott HT perfectly. Alas, I'll probably end up on a Specialized or ugly orange Scott
    If I was given a Epic HT that was as light as they can get and it was free. Iíd sell it or it would never leave my garage

Too Many .

Nov 2015
    If I was given a Epic HT that was as light as they can get and it was free. Iíd sell it or it would never leave my garage

Exactly. I just deleted a post that would probably have got me banned. Please go buy that epic lol.

mtbr member
    Donít get me wrong. The Epic is a great light XC machine.
    The Geo yo me just sucks

Friend that owns a shop that sells them. Had one. Hated it.
    3 our if the 6 races was sent over the bars in it. Nearly made him hate riding.
    Went to a different bike. Loves riding again

Iíll stick with my procal. Light fast and fits me

Too Many .

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I cant argue ill get banned again and never let back this time. We don't have enough info. I have weighed a lot of 18... and 19... pound procaliber 9.9s. Maybe they have a sensor that fools the scale. I dont know. I think we can move on in peace though. Cheers.

That sucks that you got banned. You were one of the more interesting and informative posters. You are a lot less fun now.....j/k.
    Good to see you back.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestmtb View Post
    That sucks that you got banned. You were one of the more interesting and informative posters. You are a lot less fun now.....j/k.
    Good to see you back.
    To be fair, i was warned a few times, then banned. I deserved it. Plan on being a better poster, delivering my point without being a jerk. Hope you are well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    The Geo yo me just sucks

Not to necessarily defend the big, bad S

But aren't there major changes to the Epic HT's geo for this model year?

Or was that last year, and the geo is still questionable?

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    To be fair, i was warned a few times, then banned. I deserved it. Plan on being a better poster, delivering my point without being a jerk. Hope you are well.

I dunno. I think people can get overly sensitive on a forum.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by midwestmtb View Post
    I dunno. I think people can get overly sensitive on a forum.
    Lets not take it down that path. I get what you are saying but there are certain rules i violated, its their rules and their forum so i have to follow them.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    The Geo yo me just sucks

I got to take a lower end Epic HT for a week since I'm thinking about getting one. I thought it was a great bike and if anything, the front end seemed too slack compared to my Top Fuel. I'm really curious how someone can be thrown over the bars that many times. But people's body types are different so I guess you just have to find a bike that works for you.....

mtbr member
    Not to necessarily defend the big, bad S

But aren't there major changes to the Epic HT's geo for this model year?

Or was that last year, and the geo is still questionable?

Itís more of the feel of the bike for me

It feels like it has a 80* HA when riding.

Great feel for climbing but suck it on the DH which is my faster area of riding lol

Too Many .

Nov 2015
    Procal vs epic isnt apples to apples really.

Ones a extremely lightweight xco bike.

Ones a lightweight carbon hardtail with versatility.

I wouldnt buy an sworks because its not as comfortable over probably two hours and the sworks is so light its probably* less durable. Thats my reasoning. Not specifically because of the brand.

The scott he also mentioned and i think thats as good or better than the procal. Much more of an apples to apples bike. Its probably as comfortable in all conditions, slightly lighter, more expensive, less dealers. It all balances out.

mtbr member
    All others mentioned are missing the ISO. Personally Iíd sworn off hard tails until I rode a ProCal. I had to have one after a demo ride. Iíll take the extra weight for the comfort of a 6 hour ride that doesnít send me to the chiropractor. At 25# it could be lighter, but itís still better than trying to put 30+ miles on my 31# full suspension Yeti.

Now if youíll excuse me Iím off to make it 26# by adding a dropper post.

Nov 2015
    All others mentioned are missing the ISO. Personally Iíd sworn off hard tails until I rode a ProCal. I had to have one after a demo ride. Iíll take the extra weight for the comfort of a 6 hour ride that doesnít send me to the chiropractor. At 25# it could be lighter, but itís still better than trying to put 30+ miles on my 31# full suspension Yeti.

Now if youíll excuse me Iím off to make it 26# by adding a dropper post.
    Now this we can agree on. Thats why i was saying it wasnt apples to apples. Ones a "marathon" bike. Ones how light and fast can i go in circles.

To be fair the specialized pros at iceman had droppers on their epic ht so they must not care about weight. You definitely dont need a dropper at iceman and they must not have been fussing over the added "grams man"

Personally, i have a 2.5 pound frame, and its a SS and its about 23 pounds, lol. Dropper, fox 34, 28 internal nextie, bar ends, xtr brakes.
    I also had the same bike weighing 17.9 with one cage rigid.

Swapping fork, tires, seatpost, wheels i can drop 5 pounds in ten minutes. So its not like i dont have that option. Lighter isnt always better. Its always lighter though for sure.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I get what ya'll are saying about the weight vs the Epic HT. The thing is, I've got a 23.0# Top Fuel 9.9 (XL), so if I'm getting a race HT it's for going "fast in circles" i.e. short track races or ITT's etc. The 2016 Procal 9.9 I rode was sub 20 with heavy XTR and an RS1, so I believe you can get them pretty light with XX1 and Fox SC. But if we're talking about a 1200g frame vs a 900g frame, I mean, there it is right?

A couple guys this season have picked up the new Epic HT and they're in the 17# range out of the box (for kids sizes like 17" lol), I just wish Trek would come out with a competitive non-ISOspeed HT to compete in that space with Spec and Scott. Get the frame around 900-950g and give clearance for a 40t ring and I'll buy it. And make it with stranglehold dropouts so I can run it SS like my Superfly, is that too much to ask

Nov 2015
    I get what ya'll are saying about the weight vs the Epic HT. The thing is, I've got a 23.0# Top Fuel 9.9 (XL), so if I'm getting a race HT it's for going "fast in circles" i.e. short track races or ITT's etc. The 2016 Procal 9.9 I rode was sub 20 with heavy XTR and an RS1, so I believe you can get them pretty light with XX1 and Fox SC. But if we're talking about a 1200g frame vs a 900g frame, I mean, there it is right?

A couple guys this season have picked up the new Epic HT and they're in the 17# range out of the box (for kids sizes like 17" lol), I just wish Trek would come out with a competitive non-ISOspeed HT to compete in that space with Spec and Scott. Get the frame around 900-950g and give clearance for a 40t ring and I'll buy it. And make it with stranglehold dropouts so I can run it SS like my Superfly, is that too much to ask
    They make that bike, its called the Trek Crockett

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    They make that bike, its called the Trek Crockett

Crocket Frame weighs 900g? Impressive feat with Aluminum...

Nov 2015
    Crocket Frame weighs 900g? Impressive feat with Aluminum...
    I was trying to be funny. Im not sre how to express that without starting an argument. It probably weighs 4lbs, i was more saying that from the joking side paraphrase what someone at Trek would say. They would say in 2018 hardtails are gravel bikes and path bikes and for entry level riders, ss is dead, aluminum sells, what you want is a niche, etc. Thats not my opinion. I would have two of the bike you described, maybe 3. Just like a 120/120 xc bike. Instead we have what they make. Which seems more and more to be tbings they think we need.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Yeah I'm interested to see what the next generation of Trek Hardtails looks like. With Eagle being the standard I know alot of racers who could get away with a 40t ring. The Procal has been around a few years and aside from the half dozen or so I've seen crack seatstays this year overall people really like em. I might just hold out till 2019 with my fingers crossed, cause that orange Scott is just ugly...

Nov 2015
    Yeah I'm interested to see what the next generation of Trek Hardtails looks like. With Eagle being the standard I know alot of racers who could get away with a 40t ring. The Procal has been around a few years and aside from the half dozen or so I've seen crack seatstays this year overall people really like em. I might just hold out till 2019 with my fingers crossed, cause that orange Scott is just ugly...
    It seems to me they arent going to put much tech into updating the procal. Its their hardtail for the masses. We are 1pct. They probably feel the 1pct are all riding top fuels anyways. The procal is for sales, while still being a pro level or low level hardtail. Trek is more focused on how they can eliminate dealers altogether than multiple hardtail offerings. Once they eliminate dealers they will either spend that money making all kinds of new models to fill every niche, or make someone rich. The destiny is probably pretty easy to see.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Have that many really cracked? I'm close to buying one from a local pro who had it built up for worlds and hasn't ridden it since- XTR di2, Fox 32 IRD, and cheap.

Not so cheap if it cracks on me in a few months with no warranty!
    Ive managed to need a warranty on 3 Yeti's in 5 years so sensitive to this...

And I also have been tossing up between the procal and new Epic HT, geo doesn't look too different, just the extra 250/300g for isospeed. One wonders if putting something like a syntace hiflex post on an epic would give 90% of the compliance the isospeed does. Unfortunately no demo HT's around, plenty of duallies though which is what 90% of people ride now.
    And I've had a Domane Koppenberg road bike so know how well it works.
    2018 Epic

Procaliber- sold
    ASR-C- sold
    ARC Carbon- sold
    SB-95C- play bike- sold

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've personally seen 2 crack this year and heard of 3 others in the Florida XC race circuit. Not nearly as bad as Cannondale Scalpels 😂🤣😂🤣

mtbr member
    Cracked stays on the Procal? Never seen or heard. Now crack stays on the Stache when people run them in SS I have seen lots of
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Maybe it's a Florida thing. Talk to racers and see what your local guys and girls say. The new 2018 replacement frames look cool though, silver on matte black instead of the white on gloss red. Trek was quick to replace my Top Fuel when it cracked last month, no problem.

mtbr member
    Maybe it's a Florida thing. Talk to racers and see what your local guys and girls say. The new 2018 replacement frames look cool though, silver on matte black instead of the white on gloss red. Trek was quick to replace my Top Fuel when it cracked last month, no problem.
    Most pro's around here are on Scott's, Top Fuels and specialized.
    No cracked stays on the Trek side. some have Procal's
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Not a Pro or if that is even relevant, but I cracked a 2016 9.8 frame in 1.5 months of use. Trek was really good about sending a 9.9 other than the month and half it took to get it to me. Still a great bike. I am curious where these other frames broke at on the stays. Mine broke on the right side seat stay. Do you know if the frames that are breaking are being ran ss? I was afraid that if I said it was used for ss they would not warranty. I cannot say enough good about the procal. Just got a new dropper for it and it should be even better!
    If you do something often enough it tends to define you.

mtbr member
    A bit off topic question, yesterday I bought the Procaliber 9.7 2017. Could 29+ tyres fit into the Procal frame? Since it is boost, should be wider. Front depends on the fork, so that should not be a problem. But the rear, does it have enough space for a 3.0 tyre? If not, then at least 2.8? Has anyone tried it? I like winter riding, I would get a second wheel set with 29+ tyres.

mtbr member
    A bit off topic question, yesterday I bought the Procaliber 9.7 2017. Could 29+ tyres fit into the Procal frame? Since it is boost, should be wider. Front depends on the fork, so that should not be a problem. But the rear, does it have enough space for a 3.0 tyre? If not, then at least 2.8? Has anyone tried it? I like winter riding, I would get a second wheel set with 29+ tyres.
    I strongly doubt it. I have a 2.2 on the back right now at it looks like the most I could go is up to a 2.4.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I strongly doubt it. I have a 2.2 on the back right now at it looks like the most I could go is up to a 2.4.
    Same. No way on a 29+. brent701 might have stuck a 27.5+ in there once, IIRC.

Nov 2015
    Same. No way on a 29+. brent701 might have stuck a 27.5+ in there once, IIRC.
    Ive seen a 27+ rigid procaliber

27.5x2.8 chupacabra front and rear and the bowie+ fork on the line pro wheels.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by butryon View Post
    Not a Pro or if that is even relevant, but I cracked a 2016 9.8 frame in 1.5 months of use. Trek was really good about sending a 9.9 other than the month and half it took to get it to me. Still a great bike. I am curious where these other frames broke at on the stays. Mine broke on the right side seat stay. Do you know if the frames that are breaking are being ran ss? I was afraid that if I said it was used for ss they would not warranty. I cannot say enough good about the procal. Just got a new dropper for it and it should be even better!
    The two I saw cracked this season were geared 1x11, drive side seatstay right around where it says Boost 148 I think?

mtbr member
    NO, a 2.35 in the back is about as wide as it will go. The non SL frames I guess can hold a larger tire 2.40, 3" won't fit.
    The SC fork if that's what cam eon it won't fit a 3" i rub on a 2.4 under hard riding

If's its a rockshox, they usually list the tire size on the leg somewhere
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Just took a closer look, the largest that will fit are 2.3+- max. I was only hoping that since it is boost that there would be this option. I see that it is constructionally impossible. Either the chain/seat stays would have to be longer or BB wider which is nonsense. I will get 2.3 for rear and probably 2.4 front. Few pics. Current set up is RS1, American Classic carbon wheels and Eagle X0 1x12. XTR brakes and pedals. Got it second hand - big bargain, but I don't know if I will keep this setup. I do not need such top end stuff. Last pic is next to my Superfly 5 - 2014 frame 18,5. This Procal 9.7 is size 19,5. I measured them to compare and it is just what I wanted. It is 2 cm longer than the Superfly but standover clearance is only between 5-10 mm higher. I need a long frame to fit me, that is why I chose TREK. I did not get the Superfly size 19,5 because from that size up the head tube is 12 cm (instead of 10 cm on 18,5 and down) which brings the top tube significantly higher and I was a bit tight on standover height. This Procal 19,5 is perfect for me (head tube is 10 cm long).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Procaliber?-img_1099.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_1101.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_1103.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_1104.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_1115.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_1116.jpg  

mtbr member
    I just measured inside the stays where the tire crosses and thereís 2.8Ē of clearance top and bottom. So a 2.4 should have .2Ē per side of the wheel is perfectly centered.

Edit: That said, I believe it would depend on the tire and truth to width as well. For instance, my XR3 2.3 only measures 2.25

mtbr member

Little pro tip: a shop vac and some bailing twine are the magic answer to cable housing routing. Feed the twine into the cable port at the head tube with the shop vac running and sitting on the seat tube opening neck. Works every time!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Any recommendations for lightweight rear thru axles? Unsure what type the Trek uses.
    Thanks
    2018 Epic

Procaliber- sold
    ASR-C- sold
    ARC Carbon- sold
    SB-95C- play bike- sold

A-X
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Any recommendations for lightweight rear thru axles? Unsure what type the Trek uses.
    Thanks
    Trek use DTSwiss which is excellent quality. Otherwise Rockshox Maxle Stealth is a good option.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks, ordered a Mt Zoom, looks good for the price

2018 Epic

Procaliber- sold
    ASR-C- sold
    ARC Carbon- sold
    SB-95C- play bike- sold

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Finally put my "big" wheels on the Procaliber yesterday.

Line Pro 30s shod with XR4 front and XR3 rear, both in 2.4 inch size.

Plenty of clearance, but I wouldn't go any bigger. Sorry, no pics.

mtbr member
    Last edited by 7daysaweek; 12-20-2017 at 10:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Finally put my "big" wheels on the Procaliber yesterday.

Line Pro 30s shod with XR4 front and XR3 rear, both in 2.4 inch size.

Plenty of clearance, but I wouldn't go any bigger. Sorry, no pics.
    Which bike do you have? Pics would be useful. Those are 29mm inner rims.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Which bike do you have? Pics would be useful. Those are 29mm inner rims.
    2017 Procaliber 9.9 RSL.

No pics, sorry.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    2017 Procaliber 9.9 RSL.

No pics, sorry.
    Use your phone. please.
    There're 2 Procaliber carbon frames available. The SL came first by a year and has a little less standover based on the geo charts. So they're not out of the same molds. One weighs 250g less with different cable routing.
    But do they have the same tire clearance dimension at the seatstays and chainstays?

I just measured inside the stays where the tire crosses and thereís 2.8Ē of clearance top and bottom. So a 2.4 should have .2Ē per side of the wheel is perfectly centered.
    Which frame is this, too? And pics would be great.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    Which frame is this, too? And pics would be great.
    Mine is the 9.6, so non-SL. I can post pics later, but I just have an XR1 29x2.2 mounted out back so the pic will only show tons of clearance.

mtbr member
    Yes, pls. send some pics, no matter how you will take them, I am also interested. I measured seat/chain stays on my 9.7, at the point of tyre clearance it is app. 7,5 cm. I got a 2,35 tyre for Rear and 2,6 (Schwalbe NN) front. The 2,6 I just placed the front wheel in the rear and the 2,6 tyre still had some clearance.

k^2
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Crankset and chainline question here.

Just got a used Procal, a 9.9 frame with bunch of other components. The crankset is Sram X1-1400. I was contemplating to upgrade to Race Face Next SL to shed some weight. I know some of the high end Procals came with that crank. However the Procal being being boost it requires/is preferable a 3mm offset on the chain ring. I know that SRAM has that option. However Race Face does not. Does anybody here has Race Face Next Sl crank on his Procal? Was wondering how does the chainline work on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by k^2 View Post
    Crankset and chainline question here.

Just got a used Procal, a 9.9 frame with bunch of other components. The crankset is Sram X1-1400. I was contemplating to upgrade to Race Face Next SL to shed some weight. I know some of the high end Procals came with that crank. However the Procal being being boost it requires/is preferable a 3mm offset on the chain ring. I know that SRAM has that option. However Race Face does not. Does anybody here has Race Face Next Sl crank on his Procal? Was wondering how does the chainline work on it.
    You can either get a race face boost offset spider or a wolf tooth (or other aftermarket brand) direct mount with boost offset.

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/...ace-face-cinch

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Ď16 procal 9.8sl

Been a good fast bike so far. Done some local cat 2 racing, and LT100. Still tryng to shave weight, but think im at a stand still. Just on a luggage scale was about 21lbs.

Got a 10:17 finish in Leadville last year with it on a 32t 11-42 xtr. This year i just swapped in xx1 eagle, and hitting the training a bit harder to shave an hour+ off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Procaliber?-098092dd-b49d-41d9-a88d-10f53ad8ceb5.jpg  

Procaliber?-bda2a292-a47f-4c87-a0ff-9cea3263fb78.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 911xj View Post
    Been a good fast bike so far. Done some local cat 2 racing, and LT100. Still tryng to shave weight, but think im at a stand still. Just on a luggage scale was about 21lbs.

Got a 10:17 finish in Leadville last year with it on a 32t 11-42 xtr. This year i just swapped in xx1 eagle, and hitting the training a bit harder to shave an hour+ off

Nice! Medium frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

mtbr member
    So, yes.

mtbr member
    Procaliber?-c90a9ca4-5e16-4430-b103-cab22ad47440.jpg
    New to the 18.5Ē world

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azille View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C90A9CA4-5E16-4430-B103-CAB22AD47440.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	292.1 KB 
ID:	1203014
    New to the 18.5Ē world
    That a Ď19 or an Ď18 Europe model?

mtbr member
    This is a 2018 9.7 procal frame, put it toghether last night. I m in Argentina so

mtbr member
    This is a 2018 9.7 procal frame, put it toghether last night. I m in Argentina so
    Looks good, wish theyíd sold that frame here in the states!

mtbr member
    Wondered what the weight of the frame 9.7 is. Any difference in terms of weight compared to the 9.9?
    Curious if is there anything 2019 procaliber related, frame changes or geometry...

mtbr member
    Wondered what the weight of the frame 9.7 is. Any difference in terms of weight compared to the 9.9?
    Curious if is there anything 2019 procaliber related, frame changes or geometry...
    A friend of mine was wanting to build a Project 1 recently and his dealer specifically told him to wait for the 2019 release. I'd assume changes are coming.

mtbr member
    A friend of mine was wanting to build a Project 1 recently and his dealer specifically told him to wait for the 2019 release. I'd assume changes are coming.
    Letís hope. Trek has been losing in the weight category.

mtbr member
    That would be great, no feather weight frame so dar, like scott or Specialized

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zgxtreme View Post
    Letís hope. Trek has been losing in the weight category.
    Worth it in spades for the compliance of the isospeed decoupler, IMO!

mtbr member

sensitive content

Procaliber?-specivstrek.jpg
    I searched a lot for this frame. I thought 18.5" procaliber frame was larger, after some measurements the only big difference is the 18.5" length seat tube compared to my actual 17" epic. feels a lot more comfortable indeed.

mtbr member
    Here is my custom Procaliber 9.7 2017:
    1x11 drive train with Garbaruk 10-50 11sp cassette and Eagle GX RD
    XT BR-M8000 brakes
    Wheel set: Novatec 711/712SB, Stan's Notubes ZTR Crest MK3 29"
    fork: Fox 32 Float Step-Cast Performance FIT4, 100mm, boost, 51mm offset
    grips: Specialized Contour BG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Procaliber?-img_5203.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_5199.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_5198.jpg  

Procaliber?-img_5208.jpg  

Ruckus99ss
    I love my procaliber. Finally got it at a semi good race weight. Few tweaks I could get it down a little and Iím sure a bath would help it also

Procaliber?-762e2c44-2439-4e95-a18d-bd60eb1bdb1c.jpg

Procaliber?-b63a43b0-3424-4095-bb9f-13ae701c91f6.jpg
    Project One Trek Madone 9
    Trek Top Fuel 9.8
    Pivot Les

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Is it worth to replace 2014 Superfly 6 with 2019 Procaliber 6? I am tempted by Eagle, ability to install dropper post, Isospeed and Boost. My concerns are Bontrager wheels and fork downgrade from Reba to Judy Gold.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafu View Post
    Is it worth to replace 2014 Superfly 6 with 2019 Procaliber 6? I am tempted by Eagle, ability to install dropper post, Isospeed and Boost. My concerns are Bontrager wheels and fork downgrade from Reba to Judy Gold.
    Frame wise yes but I wouldn't get the 6. I would at least upgrade to the carbon.

The Procal is a awesome XC race bike.
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    I look for a updated procal and top fuel in the spring

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 F2000SL View Post
    I sure hope so
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 F2000SL View Post
    That is true. Procal has the same geometry as my Superfly, which is not bad but some improvements are welcome.

@brent701

Thanks for the input. I am considering also 9.6 and alloy TF but only if they will add XXL in MY 2020.

mtbr member
    Has anyone gone to a 120mm fork on their ProCal? Reviews? Opinions?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Has anyone gone to a 120mm fork on their ProCal? Reviews? Opinions?
    Close. I'm currently running a 34 Stepcast @ 110 mm. Love everything about it, from the mild change in geo and BB height, to the stiffness and performance of the fork compared to the 32SC.

All I did was remove a 5 mm headset spacer from under the bars, to keep them close to my preferred level.

mtbr member
    Thanks, that's actually why I was asking. There are some good deals on the Boost SC 34 120mm. The 100mm SC is harder to find though.

mtbr member
    Thanks, that's actually why I was asking. There are some good deals on the Boost SC 34 120mm. The 100mm SC is harder to find though.
    Iíd snag the 120 while you can then reduce the travel. Last I knew there wasnít a 100 you could purchase as is.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafu View Post
    I think it is worth to make that replacement. I replaced my custom built 2014 Superfly 5 with Procaliber 9.7 2017 year ago (I posted it here 06/2018, few posts above). Riding is better (for me). Do not expect any dramatic improvement, but you will feel the difference. The ISO speed decoupler does make some difference. It is still a hard tail, but just like they write in the reviews, I feela bit less beaten after riding the same trails as before. Beside that, Procal frame design compared to Superfly has 0,5 cm lower BB and the head tube is 10cm long even for the 19,5 size!!! I am 179cm tall, 81cm inseam, I had the 18,5 Superfly frame, did not get the 19,5 because from that size up the front tube is 12cm long which brings the top tube signeficantly higher and I would not have enough standover clearance. 18,5 Superfly, I had maybe too much clearance, so one was too small and the other too big. The Procaliber 19,5 frame is just between those two, so perfect for me. Also consider this frame dimensions difference when swaping Superfly for Procaliber. You can get the Procaliber 6 and then swap a few "low end" components, but I also recommend to go for the carbon frame, it depends on your budget.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Has anyone put a non boost xx1 quarq 32T on? im assuming it will fit?

mtbr member
    fit it will, BB width is the same as on nonboost bikes. Question is, will it be exactly in the center of the cassette, will it shift good enough?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    fit it will, BB width is the same as on nonboost bikes. Question is, will it be exactly in the center of the cassette, will it shift good enough?
    Is chainring/chainstay clearance also a concern?

I've got a boosted 36t on mine, and it clears, but not by a lot.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    fits the bike..

went through the gears, just had to adjust the cable tension a few turns. seems ok... still need to test ride

took off a boost oval 32t
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Procaliber?-f2eb8fdc-46ad-4c14-a07f-ea945c0837fe.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    chainline will just be 3mm off, probably fine-ish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12