Fuel 90 & Trek 8000 -- geometry- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fuel 90 & Trek 8000 -- geometry

Hallo!
    I`m thinking of buying one of those bikes. My problem is that Im 6 foot 4
    and I dont know if 21.5 size frame would fit me. Im scared that would be too smal.
    Please give me some tips.
    Thanks

Dec 2003
    It sounds like you are looking at bikes online somewhere, so I would go to a bike shop and test ride both bikes. Even if the bike is technically the right size for you, you may not like the top tube length, handling, suspension, etc. I wouldn't buy a bike if I wasn't able to at least sit on one before hand. Many different bikes can fit a person, but not all will be as comfortable as others. Just my 2 cents. Hope you find something.

mtbr member
    Thanks for your reply Dudonbike.
    Actually I`m gettin this bike from the local store. The problem is that they don`t have any bike of thit size only smaller. For the 04` season they make a list of buyers so there won`t be any bikes left in the end of the season. That`s economy ha?

mtbr member

I'm 6'2 and ride the XL 21.5

I can ride either the 19.5 or the 21.5 Fuel but went with the 21.5 as it was in stock. I did have to go to a shorter stem as I was stretched out to far but for you it should be just about right.

mtbr member
    Yes I saw that the top tube is longer comparing to the other bikes. Actually I like that. So if 19.5 frame fits you than the 21.5 shoud fit me right?
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Yes I would think so

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

How about for a 5'11" dude?

I ride a 19.5" Attitude hardtail right now. I remember from testing it against a Trek 8000 a few years ago that the 8000 was much more spread out. The shorter top tubeof the Klein worked with my freakishly short torso. I'm thinking of getting a Fuel for the next race season, so here's the question. I figure a shorter stem to compensate for the longer top tube could affect steering in a way I wouldn't like, so at 5'11" should I be thinking about an 18" frame?