2019 Remedy? - Page 2- Mtbr.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Remedy?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    I have the 8, so no thru-shaft, and I don't think I'd say it sits higher in its travel. It's definitely stiffer in the back end in general, but it actually feels more supple higher in its travel - which I'm guessing is the Debonair spring on the Deluxe.

Can you post a pic of that specifically? Something has to be routed wrong, or maybe just too much slack pulled to the back of the bike, there's no way you should be having that.

Apprecitae any help...looks like Silverfern had to do the same thing.

2019 Remedy?-bc0da88e-c41e-4bc8-8ed5-78478a89a1af.jpg
    Last edited by murlsquirl; 12-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by murlsquirl View Post
    Apprecitae any help...looks like Silverfern had to do the same thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BC0DA88E-C41E-4BC8-8ED5-78478A89A1AF.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	1228381
    Yes, exactly the same issue and I did the same thing , found it annoying at first ( a month or so ago ) but have kind of forgotten about it now, I will bring it up though when I take the bike back to the shop for its customary first free service .

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    Yes, exactly the same issue and I did the same thing , found it annoying at first ( a month or so ago ) but have kind of forgotten about it now, I will bring it up though when I take the bike back to the shop for its customary first free service .
    So I just pulled the caliper off and pulled all of the slack up front. Then I pulled the caliper back just enough to get it mounted and I think it did the trick...plenty of clearance. Weíll see how it holds up.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    you need to just pull all of hte slack out of it, and make sure that you have BOTH housings captured by the Ziptie keeper on the bottom of downtube. It's easy to get just 1, so some shops wont get both, which will then pull slack out and make it rub.

Pull all cables tight, and make sure the keeper on the down tube is snug with both housings attached.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenkiS14 View Post
    you need to just pull all of hte slack out of it, and make sure that you have BOTH housings captured by the Ziptie keeper on the bottom of downtube. It's easy to get just 1, so some shops wont get both, which will then pull slack out and make it rub.

Pull all cables tight, and make sure the keeper on the down tube is snug with both housings attached.
    Thanks for the help. I'll check it out when I get home.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    This is my remedy 8, miami green, 21.5

2019 Remedy?-img_0112.jpg2019 Remedy?-img_0111.jpg

2.8 tyres on front and rear
    renthal fatbars
    red oury grips
    jetblacks pedal
    specialized sadal

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Looking nice! How're you enjoying it?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Its awesome! Will be taking it up into the hills this weekend so have a serious ride!

Have any of you remedy owners changed the brakes? I was thinking of changing to hopes

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014

Yup.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDwayyo View Post
    Yup.
    Took care of it last night. Definitely a pain to get that zip around both of them. Thanks, guys.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Excuse my ignorance, where exactly does the ziptie sit ?

Canít see any ziptie on the down tube .

Cheers

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    its ok, put my reading glasses on and a torch and could see what was going on

loosened it off pinched the cable into place , re- tighten it , hopefully all good now

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I rode yesterday and the cable didnít budge. Seems to be the fix.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Awesome, happy to help guys!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Mine was good but came loose again

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Yeah, I think mine looks like it got a little closer to the spokes again too. Oh well, it's definitely better than it was and I'll wait and see if it ends up rubbing again. Still happy with the bike if I end up having to zip tie it again.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    when I first reset it , there was no movement , but half way through a ride it has worked its way loose again
    Last edited by Silverfern; 12-15-2018 at 10:14 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    how do you like the 2.8 minions compared to the 2.6 xr4s? do you find the rim wide enough for the tire? was rolling resistance increased dramatically? im thinking of doing the same

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'm on the 2.6 SE5s and I love them. 2.8 is just too much tire for the kind of riding I do. Minions are too heavy for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I'm on the 2.6 SE5s and I love them. 2.8 is just too much tire for the kind of riding I do. Minions are too heavy for me.
    Nice combination with those carbon rims arent they ? very grippy and feel so direct

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Nice combination with those carbon rims arent they ? very grippy and feel so direct
    Yea totally, I'm a lifer with that setup no. Line Pro 30's and some SE5s = WINNING

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Thatís a good review.

Recent picture...love this bike.

2019 Remedy?-828c8dfd-497b-48f9-a460-be5af71dcfd9.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Has anyone weighed an 8? Just curious- read an outdoor gear labs review and they had a number that just did not sound right for the 8. (33.5#s). A 9.7s weight would be interesting too since so close in $s. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yeah my xl is around 33 lbs

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Picture from a German mountainbike site; Remedy 8 in 19.5 inch including pedals and tubeless
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019 Remedy?-dsc_0179.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Thanks, that's about what I expected- does this model come with really heavy "+" tubes or something? I remember the tubes the came on my stache were ridiculously heavy.

Hi
    Dec 2018
    I have a remedy 8 in Miami green. It's stock except I raked the fork out to 170 and put minions on (tubeless). No idea what it weighs but it climbs better than the 2014 carbon trance it replaced.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewdlynch View Post
    I have a remedy 8 in Miami green. It's stock except I raked the fork out to 170 and put minions on (tubeless). No idea what it weighs but it climbs better than the 2014 carbon trance it replaced.
    Just changed the air spring in the Lyrik to go to 170?

Hi
    Dec 2018
    Yeah. Although I've noticed I never use full travel so might see if there's a token in there and take it out. The shop reckoned it came with one token installed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Yeah. Although I've noticed I never use full travel so might see if there's a token in there and take it out. The shop reckoned it came with one token installed.
    The Lyrik on my 9.8 came with 2 tokens

Hi
    Dec 2018
    in the fork or in the hand? because my bike came with 2 tokens separately (the shop did the air spring before I picked the bike up)... maybe there's no tokens in there? The shop guy wasn't sure but he reckoned there might be one still installed.

Hi
    Dec 2018
    oh yeah the tubes are plus sized and maybe like 50% bigger/heavier than a regular tube

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I opened up my Lyrik as soon as I got the bike home and there was 2 in there.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    I can't seem to find it, but Rockshox has a chart somewhere that says how many tokens come in each fork and how many they can accept. Most, if not all, seemed to ship with at least one in them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Is it easy to upgrade the damper on the Remedy 8 Lyric to the RC2 damper?

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CF700 View Post
    I've been told so, but don't know that first hand.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    From what I've seen it's very easy- but I thought the Lyrik had the RC2 damper. It's on their site as Charger 2.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MrIcky View Post
    From what I've seen it's very easy- but I thought the Lyrik had the RC2 damper. It's on their site as Charger 2.
    The Remedy (8 at least, not sure about others) comes with the Lyrik RC, not the RC2. The RC2 has high and low compression adjustments whereas the RC only has low speed. Both have the DeBonair air spring and the Charger 2 damper.

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/lyrik-rc

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/products/lyrik-rc2

Hi
    Dec 2018
    $250ish US for high speed compression seems like a lot...

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    $250ish US for high speed compression seems like a lot...
    My thoughts exactly. Not a concern for me, maybe if I was a high-level racer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Anyone else had a really annoying squeak from the mino link ?

Mine i have to pack full of grease to get rid of it , and it lasts for 2 or 3 rides then its back.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sorry to hear that Silverfern. Mine has never done that. I presume that everything is torqued to correct spec?

I do find that creaks come from all over the place and seldom exactly where I think they're from.

What is it that makes it sound? Pedalling? Compression, cornering...?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Sorry to hear that Silverfern. Mine has never done that. I presume that everything is torqued to correct spec?

I do find that creaks come from all over the place and seldom exactly where I think they're from.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JonJones View Post

Compression of the shock , ive replaced the washer /spacer , found a store that had one in stock, the old one looked like it had a little crack in it , all good after first ride .

Ive also eliminated another creak , loose brake cable where it enters the bottom of the downtube( see earlier in the thread where murlsqurl and myself were having issues ) was causing a creaking sound from the front of the bike .I thought it was headset. Ive ziptied it for now , will have to get that sorted properly myself. Took it back to the shop a few weeks back , young bike mechanic said it was normal for it to be loose .

Hi
    Dec 2018
    can you upload photos? I was thinking of going on a creak hunt myself...

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    Compression of the shock , ive replaced the washer /spacer , found a store that had one in stock, the old one looked like it had a little crack in it , all good after first ride .

Ive also eliminated another creak , loose brake cable where it enters the bottom of the downtube( see earlier in the thread where murlsqurl and myself were having issues ) was causing a creaking sound from the front of the bike .I thought it was headset. Ive ziptied it for now , will have to get that sorted properly myself. Took it back to the shop a few weeks back , young bike mechanic said it was normal for it to be loose .
    I talked to my shop mechanic (who is also a buddy) about the brake line deal and he said it's just the SRAM brakes and he tells everyone to just zip tie it. Not an issue with the XTRs apparently because of the angle of the line/caliper mount. Oh well...the zip doesn't bother me.

I've got about 150 miles on the bike now and I'm creak free. So far so good.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hey!

Got my Remedy 8 2019 last week, awesome bike

Skickat frŚn min iPhone med Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Picked up my 2019 Remedy 8 in Miami Green this week and love it. I had previously restricted my search to 29ers but took a Remedy out for a demo on a whim and was very impressed. I think it's as close as I've found to the perfect all-rounder. The geometry is progressive without being crazy long or slack and the Lyrik + GX Eagle combo is something I had only been seeing on much more expensive bikes. I think it's pretty damn good value.

It's been unbelievably hot here these last few weeks (Australia) so I haven't been able to get out much, but I'm looking forward to putting some serious miles on this thing soon. Oh and the Miami green is just awesome!

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Congrats. Your Remedy looks awesome. Love the Miami green color. Is it a size L?

I'm on the fence about the Remedy 8 or a Ripmo (NX build) as both are around the same price. I agree that I think the Remedy 8 is an excellent value given the spec.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Anybody got an actual weight on a stock 19.5 9.8?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Here's a video from Land of Bikes of the stock setup and weight of 19.5- pretty sure including tubes. Weight is at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba5FeBMJ21g

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by KonradKlemmer View Post
    Anybody got an actual weight on a stock 19.5 9.8?
    Mine (2019 9.8/size 19.5/matte gravel) weighs 13,28 kg; no pedals and tubeless

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Any one run a coil on their 19 remedy?

mtbr member
    Congrats. Your Remedy looks awesome. Love the Miami green color. Is it a size L?

I'm on the fence about the Remedy 8 or a Ripmo (NX build) as both are around the same price. I agree that I think the Remedy 8 is an excellent value given the spec.
    It's a 21.5, which I believe is an XL. Annoyingly, Invisiframe only make kits up to size 19.5 so I'm a bit stuck for protection at the moment. Has anyone got any suggestions for alternatives?

The IBIS Ripmo is a much more expensive bike here in Aus so that was never really on my radar.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Geniusbiker View Post
    Mine (2019 9.8/size 19.5/matte gravel) weighs 13,28 kg; no pedals and tubeless
    Here's a video from Land of Bikes of the stock setup and weight of 19.5- pretty sure including tubes. Weight is at the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba5FeBMJ21g
    Thanks guys. Heavy tubes in those big tires I guess.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    How the hell did he get the reducer down so easy, its a realy tight fit and cant get it down, any tips?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasnyman View Post
    How the hell did he get the reducer down so easy, its a realy tight fit and cant get it down, any tips?

Are you 100% sure you have the correct reducer?

There is the Bontrager Drop Line Post and Line Dropper post, and they use different reducers. The notches are different sizes. Mine slid in pretty easily

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Are you 100% sure you have the correct reducer?

There is the Bontrager Drop Line Post and Line Dropper post, and they use different reducers. The notches are different sizes. Mine slid in pretty easily
    Humm, quite confusing, Bontrager Line if i look at the specs for remedy 8 2019, i might have bought wrong then, you have correct part nr?

Community Manager at Trek
    Humm, quite confusing, Bontrager Line if i look at the specs for remedy 8 2019, i might have bought wrong then, you have correct part nr?

Looks correct! Could you snap a photo of the back of the dropper as well? I'm just wondering if perhaps your bike had the Drop Line switched for the new Line Dropper which uses a thinner shim.
    Community Manager | Trek Bicycle Corporation | www.trekbikes.com

Need help? Send me a message!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Looks correct! Could you snap a photo of the back of the dropper as well? I'm just wondering if perhaps your bike had the Drop Line switched for the new Line Dropper which uses a thinner shim.

It feels like the reducer i have is about 1mm to thick if i compare it to the plastic sleeve that goes on top of it

It feels like the reducer i have is about 1mm to thick if i compare it to the plastic sleeve that goes on top of it

Bingo - I thought correct! You got a little upgrade

You have the Line Dropper where the Drop Line would say "Drop Line" in silver on the back side. Return that reducer to the shop and have them order in part number W564787 for the other 10mm reducer.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

You have the Line Dropper where the Drop Line would say "Drop Line" in silver on the back side. Return that reducer to the shop and have them order in part number W564787 for the other 10mm reducer.
    Boom, [email protected] getting it done!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019

2019 Remedy?

Pardon my ignorance but what are the 2 sets of threaded holes under the top tube for? Also thereís another oval thing under the downtube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Bottle mounts. Best used to mount a tool pack. The oval part is for the control freak cable management.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017

Thanks alot!

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredur View Post
    Bottle mounts. Best used to mount a tool pack. The oval part is for the control freak cable management.
    Gotcha, thank you very much.
    Any suggestions on a good tool pack?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sailorjerry13 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance but what are the 2 sets of threaded holes under the top tube for? Also thereís another oval thing under the downtube.
    I was told when I bought my remedy that the holes on the bottom of the top tube (closest to the seat tube) are Fox Live Value mounting points. It's unlikely that I'll upgrade anytime soon but it's nice to know the option is there.

In other news, I've just ordered an Invisiframe kit. The 21.5 kit for alloy frames has only just become available on their website. It's going to be a tedious process applying it but it'll be good to have that extra protection.

mtbr member
    Jan 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefBrian View Post
    I was told when I bought my remedy that the holes on the bottom of the top tube (closest to the seat tube) are Fox Live Value mounting points. It's unlikely that I'll upgrade anytime soon but it's nice to know the option is there.

In other news, I've just ordered an Invisiframe kit. The 21.5 kit for alloy frames has only just become available on their website. It's going to be a tedious process applying it but it'll be good to have that extra protection.
    Awesome, thanks for the info and let us know how the Invisiframe comes out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Well I joined the club. Trails too wet to get in much of a ride yet. I think the scale is optimistic and I may reweigh it (I may not, I don't really care but it always makes me curious)- but no pedals/tubeless shown below. It's a 21.5- I got lucky, I am 6'2" but my torso is relatively long. When you slam the dropper in as far as it will go, it is PERFECT extension for me.

2019 Remedy?-20190304_123338.jpg2019 Remedy?-20190304_122526.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Looks good man, you'll love it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    You're going to be impressed with how it rides. They're such fun bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I am so happy with my remedy 8 2019, amazing bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Looking good. I really think the Remedy 8 is going to be my next bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    seen it mentioned earlier, is anyone running the oneup 170 dropper in a large or XL 2019 remedy yet? looking to swap my 125 out (crash damaged a 2017 and bought a 2019 frameset)
    and pretty sure it'll fit with the full 170 drop with the collar slammed

just making sure that if i get one, and it doesn't quite go fully down that i buy the shim at the same time

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartonius View Post
    seen it mentioned earlier, is anyone running the oneup 170 dropper in a large or XL 2019 remedy yet? looking to swap my 125 out (crash damaged a 2017 and bought a 2019 frameset)

just making sure that if i get one, and it doesn't quite go fully down that i buy the shim at the same time
    Hi, I'm running the oneup 170 mm in a Remedy 19.5'. It fits perfectly. I do not need the shim. No worries.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartonius View Post

i must have short legs cause i have the xl with the stock post slammed in the frame. it felt too high initially but ive gotten used to it now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Striped down my 2019 remedy after a muddy ride. Found the rear brake hose has rubbed a groove of around 1mm into the chainstay. It looks like a bit of a shit design to me as the angle the calliper sits and angle of the hose exit force the hose to rub against the chainstay. The protective tape does nothing to protect against it. I have now put thick black gorilla tape over the area to hopefully limit the any further damage.
    Is there any point in contacting Trek about it? Probably not as they will say its not a manufacturing defect and user error.
    So to other remedy owners out there I would carefully check the hose routing and put a shit-ton of frame protector on there.
    Picture of damage.
    2019 Remedy?-p6pb16947660.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Here is a pick of the full bike, because who doesn't like a pic

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    First real ride on it. The sun is out and things are finally drying up.

2019 Remedy?-20190310_090723.jpg
    2019 Remedy?-20190310_090630.jpg

I don't plan on doing a lot to this bike- putting on a bashguard since I drug a rock already (ya I'm sure it's me, not the bike- but cheap insurance). It really motors up things-I'm a little surprised after coming off a hardtail. So far, I'm really liking just leaving it in the pedal setting and letting it do it's thing.

@fishwishy- me too on slamming the post on an xl. The seatpost ended up being perfect length for me when I put the post all the way down to the collar. I'm glad that there's enough insertion to do that. Plenty of standover though- just a tall mast.

mtbr member
    Feb 2019

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fishywishy View Post
    i must have short legs cause i have the xl with the stock post slammed in the frame. it felt too high initially but ive gotten used to it now.
    i wouldn't swap if i had the stock 150mm , but some of my build kit is 2017 so have a 125mm dropper, i've got freakishly long legs and short body so if im upgrading might aswell go for a big drop, my collar on the 125mm is a little high so it'll be pretty great to be able to do it

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sam View Post
    Striped down my 2019 remedy after a muddy ride. Found the rear brake hose has rubbed a groove of around 1mm into the chainstay. It looks like a bit of a shit design to me as the angle the calliper sits and angle of the hose exit force the hose to rub against the chainstay. The protective tape does nothing to protect against it. I have now put thick black gorilla tape over the area to hopefully limit the any further damage.
    Is there any point in contacting Trek about it? Probably not as they will say its not a manufacturing defect and user error.
    So to other remedy owners out there I would carefully check the hose routing and put a shit-ton of frame protector on there.
    Picture of damage.

Name:	p6pb16947660.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	134.4 KB 
ID:	1241334
    In fairness that's kind of the case with all bikes... Check where your cables touch frame and add some protective tape. I've seen road bikes with the carbon headtube nearly eaten through.

I agree they could have done something better, but so could literally every other bike manufacturer. In fact, I think Trek has some of the best cable routing out right now (though my opinion may be skewed because I install a lot of dropper posts.)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Out of curiosity , anyone ever run a coil on a remedy ?

See it done on the Slash regularly , dont think ive seen it done on a remedy , be interesting to see how that would go

Hi
    Dec 2018
    One of the guys at my lbs bought a stock 8, put a super deluxe coil on and slacked out the lyrik to 180. He's taking it to whistler. He said he hasn't had any issues with bottoming out, but hadn't ridden any big lines yet. It felt very nice in car park testing.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    How's the Remedy reports for 2019? I'm tossing up between a remedy, canyon Spectral, or Norco sight. Any insight that might sway me any direction?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Last edited by asunder; 04-06-2019 at 02:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    how does the bike perform on roots, rocky single tracks?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    how does the bike perform on roots, rocky single tracks?
    i love it in high mode, barely any pedal strikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Hello

I want to change my Remedy 2019 shock.
    What dimensions for the dpx2 to choose? 230x57.5 or 230x60?
    Original 230x57.5 is hard to find, it is not a common dimension. Anyone riding the 230x60?
    Thanks

Hi
    Dec 2018
    See my below post about the shop guy with a coil- he used a SC 230x60 shock (had to jerry rig mounting hardware). Says it works with plenty of seatstay clearance but voids the warranty.

Re below post about vs the Sight, there's a dude who does a youtube called MTB telly, had a 2018 remedy 8 for a while, thought the remedy was burlier than the sight (but reign burlier than the remedy for comparison). I'm pretty happy but haven't owned heaps of bikes.

mtbr member
    See my below post about the shop guy with a coil- he used a SC 230x60 shock (had to jerry rig mounting hardware). Says it works with plenty of seatstay clearance but voids the warranty.

Re below post about vs the Sight, there's a dude who does a youtube called MTB telly, had a 2018 remedy 8 for a while, thought the remedy was burlier than the sight (but reign burlier than the remedy for comparison). I'm pretty happy but haven't owned heaps of bikes.
    While this a slash and not a remedy, no problems with using a coil. Turns the bike into a whole new beast. My buddy at work runs the same shock on his 19' remedy. Cane creek makes it in a 230x57.5, and you just use hardware from a 2017 slash.
    2019 Remedy?-img_1541.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Frapo View Post
    Hello

I want to change my Remedy 2019 shock.
    What dimensions for the dpx2 to choose? 230x57.5 or 230x60?
    Original 230x57.5 is hard to find, it is not a common dimension. Anyone riding the 230x60?
    Thanks
    Check out Worldwide Cyclery , they were selling X2 and Super deluxe in 230 x 57.5

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by traditiionalist View Post
    While this a slash and not a remedy, no problems with using a coil. Turns the bike into a whole new beast. My buddy at work runs the same shock on his 19' remedy. Cane creek makes it in a 230x57.5, and you just use hardware from a 2017 slash.

Name:	IMG_1541.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	365.9 KB 
ID:	1245926
    what is the exact name of this shock, do you know ? cheers

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Check out Worldwide Cyclery , they were selling X2 and Super deluxe in 230 x 57.5
    Thank you. I wrote them a mail yesterday. I'm waiting for reply. Not sure if they ship to Switzerland. Let's see.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

Thank's. I did find out today that 230x60 and 230x57.5 are the same shock. The travel is reduced with a spacer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 01sam View Post
    Here is my new 2019 Trek Remedy.

867861E5-DA2E-4995-863B-CDF8B2A26DC4 by Sam Rogers, on Flickr

Current spec is and will upgrade to in red.
    Al frame
    Rockshox deluxe - Fox dpx2
    Fox 36 grip2 160mm + syncros mudguard
    Shimano XT groupset
    Shimano XT brakes - Hope tech 3 v4
    Joystick Builder bars - joystick analog carbon
    DMR deathgrip
    DT swiss xm481 rims on Hope pro4 hubs
    Maxis High roller 2/Continental der Baron
    Xfusion manic dropper post 150mm
    Charge spoon saddle
    Nukeproof Neutron pedals - Burgtec penthouse mk4
    Hi 01sam
    Did you already changed the shock? How is the DPX2 on the Remedy?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    i love it in high mode, barely any pedal strikes.
    Me too (high mode). Particularly surprising climber up rocks/rutted terrain considering travel. Decently high BB so you don't have to constantly ratchet.

@asunder, sorry- haven't tried the Canyon or Sight. But I do like my Remedy quite a bit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Is the high mode the default setting?
    Is the remedy agile over small rocks, roots?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    My 8 2019 was in low, going to try out high mode soon as im going to attend a xc race with it

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Is the high mode the default setting?
    Is the remedy agile over small rocks, roots?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    No, low mode is default- but it is dead easy to change, literally less than 2 minutes.

It is very agile for a bike with this much travel period, whether on rocks, berms, whatever. It's a maneuverable bike with enough travel that you don't get hung up too easily.

mtbr member
    what is the exact name of this shock, do you know ? cheers
    Cane creek double barrel coil climb switch

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I posted in the Santa Cruz section but figured I could ask here as well. Did anyone have the new Bronson on their radar when making their purchase decision? Anyone have time on both bikes that would be able to offer up some insight on how these bikes compare? I have had time on the Remedy but not the Bronson. Extremely impressed with how much the bike just wants to jump every little bump on the trail. Wondering if the Bronson is similar.
    2019 Transition Sentinel
    2019 Trek Remedy
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2011 Trek Scratch Air 8
    2011 Reign 2
    2008 p.2

lookas
    Apr 2019
    Hi all, another stoked Remedy 8 owner ...this bike rocks ! Quick question on tyre pressure on these 2.6XR4 - what pressure do you run them for technical trails?
    Thanks !

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    20ish and 22ish

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HowMaybesGo View Post
    I posted in the Santa Cruz section but figured I could ask here as well. Did anyone have the new Bronson on their radar when making their purchase decision? Anyone have time on both bikes that would be able to offer up some insight on how these bikes compare? I have had time on the Remedy but not the Bronson. Extremely impressed with how much the bike just wants to jump every little bump on the trail. Wondering if the Bronson is similar.
    I cross shopped them. I test road a Bronson v2 and v3. Not a lot of time but here's my thoughts. The sc v3 feels bigger, lower and more stable. It feels like you can downhill with reckless abandon. It's got a very low bb and just feels glued. It really just squats into berms. The v2 was a good match for the new remedy, but the vpp was worse about doing that lurchy thing on tech climbs

The trek feels like a long legged trail bike. It definitely feels happier on trail climbs. It's a great descender but not quite as monster trucky as the sc. The bb is higher and it's easier to get over obstacles, especially going up.

I honestly think the pinkbike comparo is pretty spot on. If setting stravas dh is your goal I think the sc is probably better, but the trek is a more comfortable all around.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I cross shopped them. I test road a Bronson v2 and v3. Not a lot of time but here's my thoughts. The sc v3 feels bigger, lower and more stable. It feels like you can downhill with reckless abandon. It's got a very low bb and just feels glued. It really just squats into berms. The v2 was a good match for the new remedy, but the vpp was worse about doing that lurchy thing on tech climbs

The trek feels like a long legged trail bike. It definitely feels happier on trail climbs. It's a great descender but not quite as monster trucky as the sc. The bb is higher and it's easier to get over obstacles, especially going up.

I honestly think the pinkbike comparo is pretty spot on. If setting stravas dh is your goal I think the sc is probably better, but the trek is a more comfortable all around.
    Appreciate the insight. I pulled the trigger and picked up a Remedy 8 from the Trek shop close by. I have been demoing their 9.8 so I already know what to expect. They even hooked it up with the RT3 through shaft shock.
    2019 Transition Sentinel
    2019 Trek Remedy
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2011 Trek Scratch Air 8
    2011 Reign 2
    2008 p.2

mtbr member
    New project in the works! So excited about this one Waiting on one final part then canít wait to get her built. Any guesses?

2019 Remedy?-img_1665.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R View Post
    New project in the works! So excited about this one Waiting on one final part then canít wait to get her built. Any guesses?

Name:	IMG_1665.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	241.9 KB 
ID:	1247653
    is it a remedy?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    is it a remedy?
    That was my first thought but I'm not sure anymore......
    2019 Transition Sentinel
    2019 Trek Remedy
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2011 Trek Scratch Air 8
    2011 Reign 2
    2008 p.2

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    New Matte Gravel 9.8 owner here.

2019 Remedy?-img_2151.jpg

Working to get the suspension dialed to my liking. Installed a DSD RUNT and running 55psi low/110psi and the sag sits at 30%. I'm 187lb RTR.

For the rear shock 179 psi gives me 30% sag. The recommended -5 clicks rebound felt a bit slow and I'm currently at -6. I'm curious how many tokens it comes with and will open it up this weekend to check.

Are most of you running it in "pedal" or "open"? I've tried both and am currently mostly running "pedal" even in gravity feed situations.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottyk View Post

Are most of you running it in "pedal" or "open"? I've tried both and am currently mostly running "pedal" even in gravity feed situations.
    Congrats. I run mine at about 32% sag with pedal mode on most of the time. Seems to be a good all-around setting for my terrain. Have fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    New Matte Gravel 9.8 owner here.

Name:	IMG_2151.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	455.9 KB 
ID:	1249691

Working to get the suspension dialed to my liking. Installed a DSD RUNT and running 55psi low/110psi and the sag sits at 30%. I'm 187lb RTR.

For the rear shock 179 psi gives me 30% sag. The recommended -5 clicks rebound felt a bit slow and I'm currently at -6. I'm curious how many tokens it comes with and will open it up this weekend to check.

I have only been running it in open. I should give the pedal position a shot tho. I have always just run rear shocks in "open" because I prefer the traction while climbing techy rock sections. Gives me maximum gription
    2019 Transition Sentinel
    2019 Trek Remedy
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2011 Trek Scratch Air 8
    2011 Reign 2
    2008 p.2

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I have only been running it in open. I should give the pedal position a shot tho. I have always just run rear shocks in "open" because I prefer the traction while climbing techy rock sections. Gives me maximum gription
    I was thinking the same thing and ran it "open" to begin with. Then I read somewhere (can't recall where) that RE:aktiv Thru Shaft setups were optimized to run in "pedal" mode on the Remedy. Need to just run it both way for awhile and make sure the rebound is proper to make sure it doesn't feel mushy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I mostly run it it open , but it depends where im riding ,

Pedal mode is probably the best for climbing but ive got this bad habit of forgetting to put it back to open , so just leave it in open a lot of the time to avoid that problem ,

For me open is by far the best for descents , and for climbs the difference isnt that much of a biggie.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    I love my custom 9.9
    I also run it in open, but more because I want the best possible downhillperformance. Bikemag stated, that it is designed for pedal use, there should be very little compromise when going downhill. I might as well try pedal for up and downhill, so I dont have to switch back and forth all the time.

mtbr member
    Mar 2019
    Anyone else notice the 2019 Trek Remedy 8 went up in price recently? The components didnt seem to change though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy87 View Post
    ...Bikemag stated, that it is designed for pedal use, there should be very little compromise when going downhill. I might as well try pedal for up and downhill, so I dont have to switch back and forth all the time.
    Yes, that was the reference.

I'm going to continue to experiment with both "Open" and "Pedal". May also try adding a volume spacer (my shop told me these are delivered with 1 spacer installed) for the rear and see how that works with my weight when running in "Open". As it is, "Open" feels a bit mushy even when the sag is set at 30%.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by striker86 View Post
    Anyone else notice the 2019 Trek Remedy 8 went up in price recently? The components didnt seem to change though.
    i dont know about recently, but it did up up since release

mtbr member
    Good deal on a Remedy Carbon frame and Elite Dropper post

https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2560271/

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Yes, that was the reference.

I'm going to continue to experiment with both "Open" and "Pedal". May also try adding a volume spacer (my shop told me these are delivered with 1 spacer installed) for the rear and see how that works with my weight when running in "Open". As it is, "Open" feels a bit mushy even when the sag is set at 30%.
    That's basically how I got to 32% but with pedal mode on. It seems very sensitive to small air pressure changes. I found 30/open to be a little too soft and 30/pedal to be too firm. But 32/pedal seemed to work pretty well for me in my terrain.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    Correct.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    That's basically how I got to 32% but with pedal mode on. It seems very sensitive to small air pressure changes. I found 30/open to be a little too soft and 30/pedal to be too firm. But 32/pedal seemed to work pretty well for me in my terrain.
    Ah. Gotcha! I might play with that approach too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    2019 Remedy?-h-7l8tecroitfdmxoef8iq.jpg
    New damper on lyrik Push hc97

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokau View Post

Name:	h+7L8TEcROitfdMxoeF8IQ.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	1250323
    New damper on lyrik Push hc97
    ooohh!

Ride impressions?

mtbr member
    Apr 2019
    ooohh!

Ride impressions?
    Much better than charger 2 rct
    On rockgarden it just eats bad stuff better
    Track ground better
    You can just send it so much more feels lot diffirent when compare old damper recommend 🤘

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Just felt like putting up a couple pictures from yesterday's ride. Cheers.

2019 Remedy?-20190509_160808.jpg2019 Remedy?-20190509_162354-1-.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Im on a 9.8 . just curious what tyres others are running on their remedys ,

I rode all summer here on the SE4s 2.6 that came with it , enjoyed them ,no complaints, but the wet season has arrived , and noticed grip in the wet is not that great ,

Put on some Maxxis DHF max grip 3c on the front , and Aggressor on the back both in 2.5 , nice tyres super grippy , roll fast , but kind of missing the feel of the wider rubber that I wasnt expecting .particularly when rolling over obstacles .

Thinking I should have gone the Maxxis 2.6 Max terra now ,for the grip and to keep that wide rubber feel

curious to know what others are using , cheers

mtbr member
    Apr 2019

I rode all summer here on the SE4s 2.6 that came with it , enjoyed them ,no complaints, but the wet season has arrived , and noticed grip in the wet is not that great ,

Put on some Maxxis DHF max grip 3c on the front , and Aggressor on the back both in 2.5 , nice tyres super grippy , roll fast , but kind of missing the feel of the wider rubber that I wasnt expecting .particularly when rolling over obstacles .

Thinking I should have gone the Maxxis 2.6 Max terra now ,for the grip and to keep that wide rubber feel

Running on dry Michelin wild enduro 2.6 front and rear combo
    On wet Front Specialized Hillybilly 2.6 Blackdiamond Rear Specialized Butcher 2.6 grid casing.
    speacialized wont sell blackdiamond butcher on EU..

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    2.6 dhf/2.5 aggressor. i got these to cut down on the rolling resistance. it helped, but like you said i miss the floatiness of the xr4s.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    2.6 dhf/2.5 aggressor. i got these to cut down on the rolling resistance. it helped, but like you said i miss the floatiness of the xr4s.
    Iím thinking of trying 2.6 dhf front and keeping the bontragers on the back , to sharpen up the front end in corners and hopefully keep some of the same feel .

Or can anyone recommend a maxxis 2.6 as a rear tyre ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018

I put a 2.6 WTB Vigilante up front and left the stock SE4 on the back. I'm more than happy. Having used nothing but DHF up front before, I love the Vigilante and the SE4 is a great rear tire.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by murlsquirl View Post
    I put a 2.6 WTB Vigilante up front and left the stock SE4 on the back. I'm more than happy. Having used nothing but DHF up front before, I love the Vigilante and the SE4 is a great rear tire.
    I remember reading a review on these some time ago, and they sounded pretty good , how would you compare them to the DHF , just as grippy ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2018
    I remember reading a review on these some time ago, and they sounded pretty good , how would you compare them to the DHF , just as grippy ?
    Definitely. When itís worn, itíll be replaced with the same. I love it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi, Iím interested to know if people are riding the size as per treks recommendations or if youíve sized up to get the more modern long reach? Iím 174cm (5í8.5Ē) and sit in the middle of the 18.5 M/L recommendation, Iíve demoed this size but am wondering if going up to a 19.5 is something I should consider however I havenít got a store locally with demo bikes.

Hi
    Dec 2018
    I'm the same height as you and bought a 19.5. I like a longer reach. I have the dropper slammed as low as it can go, I wouldn't mind if it could go a couple cm lower but it's fine. The 150mm dropper at full extension is ideal for seated climbing for me. If you can throw a leg over one it would be good because yeah the seat tube is a little longer than it needs to be but I just fit.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    When I'm in between sizes, I always go with the larger size. I don't like a cramped cockpit.

As said though, it's best ride each size then you'll have a better idea of what you prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I'm thinking about getting a new Remedy 8. I currently have a FEX 8 (27.5+) and I'm wondering if the remedy will climb as good as my fuel. Anyone coming from a Fuel that can compare how the two compare in climbing?

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Fuel climbs better than Remedy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Nice review here on the 8- best "budget" trail bike.

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/best-budge...e-you-can-buy/

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Anth08 View Post
    Hi, Iím interested to know if people are riding the size as per treks recommendations or if youíve sized up to get the more modern long reach? Iím 174cm (5í8.5Ē) and sit in the middle of the 18.5 M/L recommendation, Iíve demoed this size but am wondering if going up to a 19.5 is something I should consider however I havenít got a store locally with demo bikes.
    Im 5'-10" myself. After test riding for a half hour I ended up getting an 2017 Remedy 9.9 18.5. A buddy recently got a new 2019 Remedy 8 19.5. After riding them back to back for a few days, I really wish I would have went with the 19.5.

Thinking about riding.
    Dec 2014
    I'm thinking about getting a new Remedy 8. I currently have a FEX 8 (27.5+) and I'm wondering if the remedy will climb as good as my fuel. Anyone coming from a Fuel that can compare how the two compare in climbing?
    It definitely will not climb as well as your Fuel. It isn't a huge loss in climbing ability, but it is noticeable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Anth08 View Post
    I am the exact same height as you and went with the 18.5. I wanted it to be a fun allroundbike since I already have a 29er Enduro race bike. Depends on what you are after, if you wanna race it take 19.5, if its your only bike and you want a flickable light bike to play around, go with 18.5.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulte1400 View Post
    Im 5'-10" myself. After test riding for a half hour I ended up getting an 2017 Remedy 9.9 18.5. A buddy recently got a new 2019 Remedy 8 19.5. After riding them back to back for a few days, I really wish I would have went with the 19.5.
    I'm 5'10" and have always been happy that I went 19.5. The seat tube is a little long which is frustrating (I can only use 125mm of post), but the reach and geo feels much better.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    if you ride tech it will be because of the higher bb

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Just a question re the sizing of the 2019 Remedy. I'm coming from a 17.5 2014 Fuel ex 8 but I've read that the 2019 Remedy sizes a little smaller. I'm 5'7, 170cm and just wondering whether the 17.5 or 18.5 would be a better fit. Sat on both in the shop and 18.5 felt more comfortable but that really gives no idea about how it will feel after an hour or two in the saddle out on the trails. If the 17.5 feels short I can always shit the seat back.

Just wondering if anyone else has sized up on the 2019 Remedy?

Thanks
    2013 Scott Scale 970 (Reba fork)
    2014 Trek Fuel Ex 8 (with added RS dropper post)
    2019 Trek Remedy 8

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi_GR_Biker View Post
    Just a question re the sizing of the 2019 Remedy. I'm coming from a 17.5 2014 Fuel ex 8 but I've read that the 2019 Remedy sizes a little smaller. I'm 5'7, 170cm and just wondering whether the 17.5 or 18.5 would be a better fit. Sat on both in the shop and 18.5 felt more comfortable but that really gives no idea about how it will feel after an hour or two in the saddle out on the trails. If the 17.5 feels short I can always shit the seat back.

Just wondering if anyone else has sized up on the 2019 Remedy?

Thanks
    I prefer a larger frame on the Remedy which makes it more stable downhill and on jumps. So my suggestion would be to go for the 18.5 frame. If you have any friends who ride one, you should try to take their bikes to the trail to try out!

Trail Rider
    For me, (had a '18 Remedy 9.8), my FEX climbed better, mostly because of my 29" carbon wheels, but not by much. A couple of test loops about 12 miles long, the Remedy was about a minute and a half slower. The remedy was slower on the climbs, but faster on the descents.

I think since you have a 27+ FEX, they will be about on par.
    2020 SC Hightower

mtbr member
    Ordered my 2019/20 Remedy 8 on Saturday and just got the call to pick it up today! Stoked!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Congrats, you'll love it.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Just a heads up for anyone who is curious.

I just upgraded my 2018 Remedy's Lyrik with a Debonair air spring and the new Charger 2.1 damper.

The suspension now feels more plush off the top than before, similar to how some have described the 2019 Remedy. Trails with high speed chatter are now much more muted, which is pretty much exactly the feel I was hoping to get with fork upgrade. And it really seems like the front end has more grip during high speed cornering.

I think it's a worthwhile upgrade if anyone is considering it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirtle View Post
    Ordered my 2019/20 Remedy 8 on Saturday and just got the call to pick it up today! Stoked!
    First ride report?
    2019 Trek Remedy 8

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Just a heads up for anyone who is curious.

I just upgraded my 2018 Remedy's Lyrik with a Debonair air spring and the new Charger 2.1 damper.

The suspension now feels more plush off the top than before, similar to how some have described the 2019 Remedy. Trails with high speed chatter are now much more muted, which is pretty much exactly the feel I was hoping to get with fork upgrade. And it really seems like the front end has more grip during high speed cornering.

I think it's a worthwhile upgrade if anyone is considering it.

Congratulations, nice upgrade!
    2019 Trek Remedy 8

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I was playing around with my bike and decided to take some measurements. Is it possible the published charts are wrong?

I measured out the bb height at 342mm and the STA at 74.7 with the bike in low setting. I know the STA will float with the offset angle of the post, but I measured with the seat even with the bars using the top center of the seatpost as my reference point. This was on an XL. Anyone else finding this?

*edit* I just put it in 'high' and got 352 bb height.

Hi
    Dec 2018
    I don't know if anyone else has swapped out their brakes but I just replaced my guides with these:

https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mt...ce-for-enduro/

And the difference is night and day. Can't believe I didn't do it earlier as the guides were pissing me off. Loads more power. Thought I'd share just in case anyone else isn't liking their guides.

Also, is anyone running a coil fork/shock or a super deluxe on one of these? just curious...

mtbr member
    Feb 2019
    i have the m520's too, agree absolute night and day difference

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Out the Door!

Last edited by ZenkiS14; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2019
    Has anyone ridden the 2020 Remedy 7? How does the suspension feel with the RS 35 Gold fork?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i know trek said max 2.8 tires but i was wondering if anyone got 3.0 tires to fit? what rims?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    What's making you sell it? And what are you looking to replace it with if at all?
    Nice bike and it should sell quickly. GLWS

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JonJones View Post
    What's making you sell it? And what are you looking to replace it with if at all?
    Nice bike and it should sell quickly. GLWS
    Gotta get that 2020 9.9 Remedy

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Nm

mtbr member
    Nov 2019
    Any experience with the MegNeg Air Can Upgrade Kit for Deluxe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12