2017 Demos- Mtbr.com

Thread: 2017 Demos

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

2017 Demos

So Trek posts demo dates on their Facebook page yet I'm finding out (usually after the fact) of other demos that are going on that aren't posted. I'm specifically interested in MA and NH. There was one in NH last Thursday I didn't see on the Trek page. Any ideas on how to find out about the other demo locations?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I have trouble with this sort of thing as well, I on a casual road ride with a buddy recently... came to an intersection and a Santa Cruz truck pulls up... I was like WTF you guys here for a demo and they replied 'just had it this afternoon'. I had no idea. I try to follow every LBS on twitter (I made a twitter acc for this) as well as the local mountain bike associations. I don't use facebook, but that is a good place to check as well. Past that... I'd like tips on how to not miss a demo as well.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Trek is terrible about putting out the info...they used to have a great schedule, now it is trash. I don't get the way they handle it, but I assume they are trying to let local dealers who sponsor it advertise just to their customers. It is hard to find out what is going, and according to the last thing I saw, no demo days anywhere within 6 hours drive the rest of the year after the new models just came out?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    My LBS keeps saying 'it's coming' you'll just have to keep tabs on us

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    One route is to check dealers. But the other way is to check the park scheduling person. They know what's coming because it needs their OK. So call some parks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Trek's demo page is NOT updated adequately. there's a demo this sunday in my area (DC) and it's not on the FB page. Trek is not the only company with this problem though - I find it's very difficult to accurate information on demo days from almost all the companies. It may be that they don't know - I think the dates change a lot.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    You'd be better off getting onto your local trek dealer (or surrounding areas) FB or emailing list to get updates of local demo days.

Like really, how many must they do a year.. all over the world? A little hard to keep track of with such a big company.