Transition Sentinel v 2.0 Thread- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Transition Sentinel v 2.0 Thread

The redesigned Transition Sentinel is now live!

Transition Sentinel 2020 Highlights

• Full EPS molded carbon frame (front triangle, rear triangle, and rocker)
    • New, progressive suspension design
    • 148mm Boost dropout spacing
    • Stock rear travel 150mm with 62.5mm stroke shock
    • Downsize to 140mm rear travel with 57.5mm stroke shock
    • Enduro Max sealed bearings with bearing shields on main pivot
    • 44mm/56mm Press In Headset
    • Threaded bottom bracket
    • Molded rubber chainstay, seatstay & downtube protection
    • External rear brake cable routing
    • Water bottle storage inside the front triangle
    • Accessory mount on underside of toptube
    • 29-inch wheels with tire clearance up to 2.6-inches wide
    • Weight: 7.05 lbs frame with shock

Geometry

How does it ride?

"I’ve cleaned more techy climbing sections, felt more confident on blind trails, and had more fun riding the Sentinel than many previous bikes. The Sentinel’s climbing characteristics may require a bit of readjustment if you’re not accustomed to Transition’s geometry, but once you find the sweet spot, this bike will most certainly leave you satiated as you clean more technical bits than you have on any other bike."

Read our first impressions here: https://reviews.mtbr.com/review-2020...ition-sentinel
    News and reviews from Mtbr.

In the trenches

Sentinel v2

Some initial thoughts

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I had been anxiously awaiting the release of the 2.0 as an option over the Ripmo AF. Sadly with no AL option I’m out. 4500 for NX with mediocre suspension and no coil options are disappointing. Might still look at OG and the new link option.

mtbr member
    Big fan out the external rear brake as someone who works on their own bikes and changes parts out more frequently than necessary.

Bearing integration looks to be a little better so they don’t get destroyed multiple times a year? Maybe wishful thinking.

Paint appears to still be sub-par as the pinkbike tester had paint chips already.

More progressive is awesome.

I like the longer chain-stays personally.

I really like the straight lines. Looks awesome. Though the colors (“loam gold”?) aren’t my cup of tea.

Looks like great bike, but if I was to get a new bike right now it would still be an Enduro.

mtbr member
    Good lookin' bike!

Specific to my size, but I wish XL were just a tad longer. I think that because they also make an XXL they didn't push the geometry as far. Wish that reach were like 510, closer to Norco Sight territory.

The "Loam pool," the cavity under the lower shock mount that will fill with water and mud is kind of a bummer. I live in the PNW and so do the Transition guys, so this seems like an oversight.

Given that they kept this bike a bit conservative, and that the "alternative travel" option is shorter not longer, I expect the Patrol to be updated next and to include a 170mm 29er option.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    So was coil a 18 month marketing trick like plus tires?

mtbr member
    Liked it so much I just bought a gx alloy in red ......$3650 shipped ftw.....not a fan of sramshox.
    The bike is never to heavy, you are just to WEAK!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    In order to avoid canibalizing the new Sentinel a potential 29er Patrol should have 180 front - 170 rear travel and 63 head angle. I would love to see such a bike I doubt it will happen.

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    I would think you could just overfork the Sentinel to get a 170/150 bike pretty easy.
    We don't ride to add days to our life, we ride to add life to the days we have left here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    I really like the straight lines. Looks awesome. Though the colors (“loam gold”?) aren’t my cup of tea.
    Funny, I liked the swoopy lines of the previous versions better. Made Transition bikes stand out from the crowd and you could ID one at a glance. But the new lines aren't bad, at all.

As for Loam Gold, the pictures don't do it justice. I had the chance to see one a few weeks ago when the Transition crew was out testing the new mega jump line they build and it's a really, really nice color in person!

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Niner Rep told me they are bringing back the WFO at 180/170 with the new Fox 38.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    is it me or is there a trend with a lot of bike companies that cheaper alloy models are getting pushed out of line ups and being replaces by carbon? I wish this will not happen with transition. I think it is happening already though. Personally I hope I am wrong but I think that the previous gen sentinel alloys will be gone within the next year.

mtbr member
    I've been noticing the lack of alloy options lately too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Funny, I liked the swoopy lines of the previous versions better. Made Transition bikes stand out from the crowd and you could ID one at a glance. But the new lines aren't bad, at all.

As for Loam Gold, the pictures don't do it justice. I had the chance to see one a few weeks ago when the Transition crew was out testing the new mega jump line they build and it's a really, really nice color in person!
    Ok, upon further review I may agree with you. I did like my Pinot Noir sentinel better than my Megatower as far as looks were concerned.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwapik View Post
    I've been noticing the lack of alloy options lately too.

Even if they did make an alloy sentinel, I don’t think transition could come close to touching the value of this bike. Geo is good too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The Privateer is hard to ignore!

mtbr member
    Agree - really liking the Privateer's geometry and price

mtbr member
    The Privateer has an 80 degree seat tube angle with ridiculously short top tube numbers. I'm not going to purchase something like that without a test ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    The Privateer has an 80 degree seat tube angle with ridiculously short top tube numbers. I'm not going to purchase something like that without a test ride.
    Yea, top tube looks short. I hate climbing with short top tubes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    without turning this into a Privateer thread, is it me or the sizing for the 161 all effed up?

the P2 has
    reach: 470mm
    wheelbase: 1250mm
    which puts it in the L/XL Sentinel

but has
    Top tube: 581mm
    which puts it in Medium

Edit: Just saw that oldhouseman and MUSTCLIME said the same thing

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ehfour View Post
    without turning this into a Privateer thread, is it me or the sizing for the 161 all effed up?

the P2 has
    reach: 470mm
    wheelbase: 1250mm
    which puts it in the L/XL Sentinel

but has
    Top tube: 581mm
    which puts it in Medium

Edit: Just saw that oldhouseman and MUSTCLIME said the same thing
    Personally I feel like reach is a better gauge of how cramped/stretched out you feel on the bike than top tube length. But yes, that seat tube angle is pretty extreme and would be interesting to see how it rides.

mtbr member
    Wrong thread

mtbr member
    The STA on the Privteer could easily be remedied with a set-back post if you weren't comfortable with it, but I agree that it does seem a little odd unless they're counting on people really sizing up.

I was interested to see the pricing on the new frames too, and that there is no alloy option available thus far. Here in NZ Transition are now Yeti/Santa Cruz kinda dollars for the framesets (haven't compared the various builds closely yet), which part of me thinks is fair enough but another part feels like they're pricing themselves out of a good part of their market. I think we could see a resurgence of the alloy bike, with brands like Privateer or Knolly perhaps, when you can buy a well engineered alloy frame for $1kUSD less which performs very similarly and only has a slight weight penalty.

Trail Ninja
    The Privateer is for people who would like a bike that rewards those who spend more time out of the saddle. Seated pedaling with a steep STA trains more of the muscles required for out-of-the-saddle pedaling, due to the smaller difference between the two positions.

Seated pedaling/training on bikes with a slacker STA doesn't fully carry over to steep STA bikes. Might need to spend like 200-500 miles on the new bike to get muscles trained up in stamina to feel adapted, and able to fully use cardio training without legs fatiguing first, especially if you're the type that spends 85+% of your time in the saddle.

VitalMTB has a Transition QA thread. https://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-...kes-Crew,10878
    Last edited by Varaxis; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:29 AM.
    "The challenge is not in developing new ideas, but in escaping old ideas."

mtbr member
    May 2017
    why are we talking about that bike, this is a sentinel thread

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by senorbanana View Post
    Lol, to me the thing that “made” the sentinel the bike that it was the alloy frame option. Transition walked away from that....kinda a let down IMO. I think that is why people are talking about other bikes on the thread.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by senorbanana View Post
    Transition employees come on here, and maybe they’ll see people want well spec’d alloy bikes at a great price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    My mind is blown with no AL option. With the success of the AF I would have thought it would be a no brainer. I have to assume the profit margin just isn’t there.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    its not just Transition you are seeing a trend across the whole industry where alloy bikes are getting pushed out by carbon counter parts.

mtbr member
    From a business perspective, designing, building, maintaining/supporting two frames for the same size/same bike adds costs. They have to build the jigs, keep spare/warranty parts, warehouse, inventory etc etc.

So in that perspective, it makes sense to go to one or the other.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I was eagerly awaiting for a Super Sentinel but unfortunately the new version is far from it. Don't get me wrong it would be a great option for many people but considering that I have the previous version I am not interested at all in "upgrading". Plus it is only carbon.

Transition please offer a Patrol 29 in aluminium with at least 170mm in the rear!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XCman23 View Post
    its not just Transition you are seeing a trend across the whole industry where alloy bikes are getting pushed out by carbon counter parts.
    Having models in the $3000 price range is important for brands. You need entry level items to pull people into your brand. Ibis finally figured this out with the Ripmo AF. Transition had this.... now they don’t.

mtbr member
    Mar 2015
    Picked up the Sentinel for 5200 bux Gx Alloy, Best deal around for a new bike. Love this bike. Sure it has some issues, but that build kit is hard to beat. Now the new one is about 2600 bux more. It aint gonna be 26 hunny faster, smoother or higher. Sure if money isnt an object buy it. I tried out some bikes beforehand and I honestly felt more at home on the Sentinel! I think Transition Alloy bikes are really nice. Still have a OG Patrol, running strong, well maintained. The fact that Transition builds the bikes to suit riders with quality components and good engineering puts them up near the lead with other companies. I will wait till this New Sentinel comes in alloy and goes on sale. (probaly is going to be a long wait) Till then I will ride the f0ck outta this one!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I currently ride a 2015 Smuggler that I love and a 2017 Patrol that I love except for the smaller wheelsize. Both great all arounders. Looking to combine both into one bike. All the reviews indicate the Sentinel is a great all arounder. For riders with experience on v1, would you agree it makes for a good daily driver/trail bike (does all arounder capture that)? Or, are the reviewers merely helping the company position the Sentinel between their upcoming Super Sentinel/Patrol and downcountry bikes? My local riding is very steep up and down with rocks/roots/chunk. Daily ride is 1500'+ climbing over 8-10 miles or so, but rough trails with some small natural drops and jumps mixed in

mtbr member
    Apr 2020
    I have a 2018 alloy sentinel. I was worried it would be too much bike, but that has not been the case. I settled on the sentinel because most of the people I ride with are faster/more experienced than I am and I wanted a little more edge to keep up. 30 mile days are no problem on it, and I've even done a 40+ mile day with a LOT of elevation. It sounds like our riding areas are similar, as I have a good bit of climbing, with some steepish decents and no huge drops so it works quite well. I haven't had the issues blowing through the travel but I'm not that aggressive of a rider. The bike doesn't do well if you smash the pedals while standing in the wrong gear. If you keep the pedals spinning it climbs well. Yes a tallboy will pedal better, but my friends on hightowers/ripmos don't seem to really outgun me going uphill.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    If any of you swing a leg over the new 150 it would be great to hear about how it rides. No interest at all in the non-existent alu version . . .
    Last edited by Stroganof; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:31 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Also interested in actual unbiased “normal” ride reviews from fellow members here and hopefully some comparisons to other modern bikes they have owned or rode recently. All the initial reviews from Pinkbike and other big YouTube channels/MTB pages are positive but would like to hear some reviews from members here. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RSparkVB4 View Post
    Also interested in actual unbiased “normal” ride reviews from fellow members here and hopefully some comparisons to other modern bikes they have owned or rode recently. All the initial reviews from Pinkbike and other big YouTube channels/MTB pages are positive but would like to hear some reviews from members here. Thanks!
    I don’t think anyone will say it’s worse than the previous gen sentinel. Most people’s concerns I think will be it’s too similar to their previous bike and doesn’t warrant the upgrade.

Just more speculation and not a real ride review.

mtbr member
    Mine should be built up next week.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    Hello Everyone,
    New user here. Attempting to get back into the game after a few years out. I am 6'8" and wondering if anyone could give me any input on if the XXL Sentinel would be large enough for me? I have done my research and it seems to be one of the bigger bikes out right now when compared to the likes of the Santa Cruz megatower and Gorilla Gravity Gnarvana.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake N. View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    New user here. Attempting to get back into the game after a few years out. I am 6'8" and wondering if anyone could give me any input on if the XXL Sentinel would be large enough for me? I have done my research and it seems to be one of the bigger bikes out right now when compared to the likes of the Santa Cruz megatower and Gorilla Gravity Gnarvana.

Thanks
    It's definitely a big bike and should serve you well - if you are really looking for the biggest options Geometron and Pole are where it's at though.

Really interested in this new Sentinel coming off a Megatower - be interested to hear from anyone who are comparing the two or ridden both.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Nice can’t wait for the review once you build it up!
    Last edited by RSparkVB4; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:22 PM. Reason: No quotes

iij
    k
    Got my frame and built the bike just before the past weekend, and had a couple hours of riding now to share my initial impressions with the bike, with the bike before this being a V1 Sentinel in large.

The build:

Frame: Large,Loam Gold
    Shock: Fox Float X2 Performance Elite
    Fork: Fox 36 GRIP2, 170mm/44mm offset
    Seatpost: Oneup Dropper 210mm
    Saddle: Specialized Power Comp
    Stem: Easton 32mm
    Handlebar: Easton Carbon 800mm
    Grips: Renthal Push-on, Kevlar
    Brakes: Code RSC, 200mm/180mm
    Rear mech: Eagle XX1
    Cassette: Eagle XX1
    Chain: Eagle GX
    Cranks: Eagle GX, 170mm, 32T
    Pedals: Oneup Aluminium
    Wheels: Roval Fattie SL
    Tyres: Specialized Eliminator BLCK DMND 2.6", Cushcore rear

Size feels very similar to V1, and build weight about the same (14.9kg / 32.85lbs). It feels a bit different pedalling, a touch more effective even. The biggest difference is when pointed downhill; the 10mm extra travel I don't think you really notice that much, but boy, that added progressiveness and support you do feel! To use review terms, it sure felt 'bottomless'. Corners felt the same(which is amazing), even with the slightly longer chainstay and overall wheelbase. It's quite different in character now as well, with the V2 being quite a bit more 'poppy'. Spent the first 4 laps of the day overjumping every jump at the speed I'm used to run at my local bikepark.

Overall I'm quite happy I pulled the trigger on the new Sentinel, even if it doesn't look like much of difference on paper, it really fixed the part that I didn't completely get along with the first gen, the feel of the rear suspension.

And oh: pics or it didn't happen, right?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transition Sentinel v 2.0 Thread-dscf1681.jpg  

Last edited by iij; 1 Week Ago at 01:20 PM. Reason: miss

In the trenches
    I can't see a pic and want to see this new Sentinel in action!

edit: nice build

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    Do you think it pedals better than the v1? The v1 has a bit of bob out of saddle.

iij
    k
    Quote Originally Posted by B3nnyH View Post
    Do you think it pedals better than the v1? The v1 has a bit of bob out of saddle.
    I'd say it felt a bit more responsive while pedalling, while still feeling quite active. Wouldn't reach for the compression lever for anything other than fireroad climbing.

mtbr member
    Are these actually available? I checked with my LBS and they're saying late June. I was hoping to throw a leg over one to confirm sizing before placing an order.

iij
    k
    Are these actually available? I checked with my LBS and they're saying late June. I was hoping to throw a leg over one to confirm sizing before placing an order.
    The first batch sold out really quick, I actually contacted 30 or so different dealers and got lucky with getting one frame in the right size.

mtbr member
    Yes, my local shop in Santa Cruz has at least two in stock. (Another Bike Shop) Also saw a gold one in the wild on my ride yesterday and it looked really good.

mtbr member
    This bike is very good. I did not own the V1 so I can't compare but compared to the many other bikes in this class I have owned it has quickly become one of my favorite. Currently running Fox 38 170 which I prefer over the 160. Weight came in at 31 lbs which I was also happy with.

Transition Sentinel v 2.0 Thread-img_7097.jpg

mtbr member
    I would love a large frame in the gold but there isn't any available until late August.

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
    This bike is very good. I did not own the V1 so I can't compare but compared to the many other bikes in this class I have owned it has quickly become one of my favorite. Currently running Fox 38 170 which I prefer over the 160. Weight came in at 31 lbs which I was also happy with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7097.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	1334685
    Not bad weight considering what this thing is. What size frame. Coil/Coil would likely land you around 33 which is still not bad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    Not bad weight considering what this thing is. What size frame. Coil/Coil would likely land you around 33 which is still not bad.
    Medium frame

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7097.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	270.7 KB 
ID:	1334685
    Very nice. How did you get the Factory Fox vs the Performance Elite?

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I've been riding it for the past 2 weeks and here's my build:

175lbs / 5'11
    32.1 lbs
    Frame: Large,Loam Gold
    Fork: Lyrik 160mm Offset 42mm Charger 2 + DSD Runt
    Seatpost: Oneup Dropper 210mm
    Saddle: SDG Fly Mtn
    Stem: Ragley 40mm
    Handlebar: SQLab 30x 780mm carbon
    Grips: Chromag Format
    Brakes: Saint Lever on MT7 Calipers w/ Trickstuff pads 203mm StormHC
    Rear mech: Eagle AXS
    Cassette: XTR 12 speed M9100
    Chain: XTR
    Cranks: Eagle GX, 165mm, 32T Oval
    Pedals: XT M8120 Clipless
    Wheels: LightBicycle ASD942 on DT240 CXrays
    Tyres: DHF/DHR 2.6 EXO+ 3C MaxxTerra w/ Rimpact
    RideWrapped - cause their paint job still sucks :P

I came a Pole Machine in Medium size. In comparison, this bike is definitely more playful and navigation of this bike feels quicker. The Machine does feel more planted, however with the long chainstay, wheel base and at 36 lbs, it requires more user input to get the same feeling. For those who are comparing the Privateer to the new Sentinel, you are looking at 2-3 additional lbs just in the frame, which definitely changes your ride characteristic. I personally think there will the an AF version, but the small team at Transisition is probably focusing on their new carbon manufacturing process that gave us these awesome lines on the new Scout and Sentinel.

Other things I've noticed in comparison with the Pole:

Actual Seat Angle - 77 vs 79. Sentinel is 2 degrees slacker than the Pole, but feels equally as comfortable when climbing on my local trails. In fact I prefer the Sentinel over the Pole for pedaling up as it doesn't feel as sluggish. I still have my seat furthest forward as I got use to a 79 degree seat.

Effective Seat Angle - 71 vs 78. Sentinel is much slacker than the Pole. I had to relearn the movement as it required me to drop and push forward in order to slam my dropper. For the Pole, all I needed to do was squat directly down - no forward movement required - It felt more natural and was much quicker to get my seat down.

Stand over / slammed seat heightWith the above mentioned, it does take a little more effort and time to get the seat down, but once it's down on the Sentinel, you have SO MUCH ROOM when descending. On the large I can utilize 210mm of drop for a total of 700mm inseam for me (bb to rail). This includes 50mm (2") of collar showing - If I had my way, I would install a dropper that can retract to the collar of the frame. However pedaling with seat down would be uncomfortable being so cramped against the crank. With having such a low seat, I feel like this is where some of the stability magic comes in because you can tuck yourself into the bike much more (comparatively). It's one of the reason why DH bikes are so stable, because your center of gravity is lower than all other bike classes.

Head Angle 63.6 - I don't think there's any slacker bikes out there at 160mm. It's actually slacker than the Machine at 180mm of travel. Throwing a 170mm on the Sentinel will definitely put it in DH-slack territories (63!). Confidence inspiring no doubt. For what I ride 160mm is perfect.

Chainstay Length 455 vs 440 - Sentinel is 15mm shorter which is actually quite significant. Again for what I ride, 440 feels more playful, less sluggish, and plenty stable/balanced. I think this is a good number for aggressive trail bikes.

Here's a photo of build:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Transition Sentinel v 2.0 Thread-img_1669.jpg  

mtbr member
    Looking at the sentinel v2, how will the new progressivism(?) do for larger riders? I’m about 250 ready to ride, and worried about bottom out issues. Looking at the XXL as I’m super tall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    Very nice. How did you get the Factory Fox vs the Performance Elite?
    Bought one for it separate.

Waldmeister
    Thanks for the XXL addition. Any pictures of the big ones yet?
    IMTB

mtbr member
    Anyone know the max water bottle size that will fit in the front triangle?

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    I ordered my XXL GX build and will report back soon after a ride or 2. I am going to switch out some other parts from my other bike first (carbon bars, wheels, stem, and maybe a custom coil shock from another bike.) Will post pics ASAP with my ride report. 6’6” 235lbs here for reference.

mtbr member
    I ordered my XXL GX build and will report back soon after a ride or 2. I am going to switch out some other parts from my other bike first (carbon bars, wheels, stem, and maybe a custom coil shock from another bike.) Will post pics ASAP with my ride report. 6’6” 235lbs here for reference.
    Curious to hear your ride report. Pretty much the same size and planning on the same size frame but in the NX build

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Anyone know of any bike shops that have a large, grey frame In stock? Transition said mid August before another shipment arrives.

mtbr member
    Just had the shop place an order for a XXL NX build. Fingers crossed the time frame stays at mid June!

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Nice, sounds like the wait times are longer for frame only.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1976 View Post
    Nice, sounds like the wait times are longer for frame only.
    Just buy the whole bike and sell all the parts! Lol

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    May 2004

Here is my build

Transition Sentinel v 2.0 Thread-568c1e21-5947-44a9-8e0e-e371474cabcb.jpgFrame: Large,Grey
    Fork: Lyrik 160mm Offset 42mm Charger 2 2021
    Seatpost: Oneup Dropper 210mm Shimmed to 200
    Saddle: Specialized phenom sworks
    Stem: Newmen 40
    Handlebar: enve m5 riser 780mm carbon
    Grips: Esi
    Brakes: Saint brakes swissstop 180 and trickstuff pas pads
    Rear mech: Xtr
    Cassette: XTR 12 speed M9100
    Chain: XTR
    Cranks: Next g4
    Pedals: Hope f20
    Wheels: nextie 32id with 28 spokeson DT350 CXrays
    Tyres: porcupine 2.6 onzas
    Invisiframed
    13.47kg ready to run

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Badass! How tall are you? I feel like I’m in between L and XL at just under 6’1” with long arms. Emailed transition and they highly recommended a large frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I just placed a deposit on a large GX build today. I am really looking forward to this bike. I sold my SB150 that i have ridden for a 20 months. I am hoping this is the type of bike i keep for a couple of years.

Anyone have ETA on bikes as i was told the wait could be 2 months.
    Evil Insurgent Yeti SB5.5 Evil Wreckoning Pivot Switchblade Pivot Mach 5.5 Yeti SB150

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hi

I am 5'11" and its ok on the large. Its fits well climbing on long climbs even. On technical downhills first seemed long, with a shorter stem however is ok. Bur generally the feel of the slack head angle is different to what I am used.
    All in all its a great fit and if I was an inch longer fit maybe even more comfortable.

mtbr member
    May 2020
    I am 6'8" and weigh around 250 and own a Xxl X01 build. So far I have ridden some of the rougher trails in my area (norcal) and have yet to bottom it out. The bike is amazing and pedals very well for a big bike. It comes with the new version of the X2 which holds more psi allowing us larger guys to get proper sag.

Quote Originally Posted by socalrider77 View Post
    Looking at the sentinel v2, how will the new progressivism(?) do for larger riders? I’m about 250 ready to ride, and worried about bottom out issues. Looking at the XXL as I’m super tall

ffwd
    Dec 2006
    Ditto here. 6' tall. Ordered a Large GX on the next batch a few weeks ago. Pulled the trigger without even seeing one in person. And I've tested/demo'd a good handful of 2019/2020 "wonder bikes" over the past year..
    Just felt right. Plus it checked more boxes build/option wise than all the others.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake N. View Post
    I am 6'8" and weigh around 250 and own a Xxl X01 build. So far I have ridden some of the rougher trails in my area (norcal) and have yet to bottom it out. The bike is amazing and pedals very well for a big bike. It comes with the new version of the X2 which holds more psi allowing us larger guys to get proper sag.
    Thanks for the response! Post up some pics if you’ve got them!

2014 Giant Trance 27.5 3

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by pkrip View Post
    Ditto here. 6' tall. Ordered a Large GX on the next batch a few weeks ago. Pulled the trigger without even seeing one in person. And I've tested/demo'd a good handful of 2019/2020 "wonder bikes" over the past year..
    Just felt right. Plus it checked more boxes build/option wise than all the others.
    Were you given any type of eta?
    Evil Insurgent Yeti SB5.5 Evil Wreckoning Pivot Switchblade Pivot Mach 5.5 Yeti SB150

ffwd
    Dec 2006
    Same. July/Aug for the next round.